It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you finally believe in the paranormal/spirit realm?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures TV shows,Both show good enough evidence.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

If it's all nonsense to you, why would you bother reading the thread or other peoples stories? Aren't you just waiting your time?
And you truly believe it's all unconscious desires manifesting into another state? If that were true why would there be negative experiences? You really think we encounter all we desire? You have to dig a little deeper. Travel the world, learn about other cultures, live a little, there is so much more than what human eyes can see.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i started believing when i had an especially interesting out of body experience. when you wake up looking down at yourself from your ceiling and assume you are dead and then you go flying about the earth you start to question things pretty heavily.

That happened to me about 30 years ago. I describe that state as being more real than this reality. Also, I was completely awake when this happened and I matter-of-factly did things like pass through brick walls and fly towards the moon. I was totally healthy, sober, and drug free FYI. I've had many other experiences proving to me there is much we cannot see.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

I saw my first ghost when I was 6. The activity never stopped until I was in my late teens.

You can read all my stories, and other members', by clicking on my signature.

S&F OP. Great thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A spirit guide (apparition) showed up on my sofa one day and refused to leave until I acknowledge him. He had tried on many occasions to speak to me and I kept blowing him off. I was scared to death when I saw him because he looked very solid. Plus, he appeared way too young (18-20) to be a guide. Eli and I have known each other now for about 23 years. He is the one who has introduced me to other guides and various techniques...like traveling out of body. He's as stubborn as I am but also incredibly patient and kind when it comes to all my dumb questions. His one piece of wisdom that stays with me is this..."If you can think it. Imagine it. Daydream about it. Then you have brought it into existence. It is "birthed into being". It may not exist in your dimension, but it definitely does in another." He is amused by all the recent talk about humans discovering another dimension when truthfully, we exist in many, many dimensions, simultaneously.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ArJunaBug

yup. its a wonderful experience eh? ive been meaning to learn how to do it on command but i always tend to procrastinate on just about everything. i hope that more and more people experience out of body. it expands your perspective in crazy ways. and as you said it felt more real than real. more people need to experience this phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: smcneil01
A spirit guide (apparition) showed up on my sofa one day and refused to leave until I acknowledge him. He had tried on many occasions to speak to me and I kept blowing him off. I was scared to death when I saw him because he looked very solid. Plus, he appeared way too young (18-20) to be a guide. Eli and I have known each other now for about 23 years. He is the one who has introduced me to other guides and various techniques...

Sounds like one of your Aeons! The first one I met was a little similar. Negotiated another meeting. I'd avoided him for eons and he was trying to force the issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I went on a "spirit quest" in the deserts of Northern Mexico. I found them in a dry lake bed south of the small village of Puerto Palomas. They were green and liked to play tricks on the "gringos".....
edit on 21-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

When they get your attention, you know it.

Sometimes its like, Wham!

Other times its a lot of little things that add up over time to convince us theres something out of the ordinary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join