It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Brown Reviews Amazon's Worst Kitchen Gadgets

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

To assist you last minute shoppers Alton has assembled a rogue's gallery of bad kitchen gadgets. Under no circumstances should you probably buy any of these for someone you actually care about, but you might consider one for an office re-gifting if you are unfortunate enough to have some in your possession or if you know of someone who wants to cosplay as Wolverine.

I am actually not sure if this shouldn't be in jokes ...
edit on 17-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OMG!!! LOL!!!!

I came close to peeing in my pants. LOL!!

I love Alton Brown.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

How funny! That Rolly egg cooker thing is down right creepy.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just watched this a couple days ago! Really like Alton. Wish Good Eats would come back.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I miss it too. Some of those recipes and episodes have inspired some of our fonder food adventures over the years.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i didnt watch the video but those brass knuckles looked badass where can i get a set of those? going to watch it now though
edit on 17-12-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
THIS. IS. HILARIOUS!

Must see internet for Grandmas everywhere. And me. Because I was "this close" to buying a pogo whisk for my beloved mother-in-law with arthritis - but now - not so much. It will probably end up on next years video.

And that rollie? So much wrong...

I am Wolverine!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
so i watched it the food threads are not my thing but i was amused with that video the rollie still has me lmao im kinda amazed at what people will buy when the most efficient way to cook is to just use the simplest means possible the frying pan and whatever btw i like my eggs and tators cooked in bacon grease, now where can i find a pair of those meat shredders?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
now where can i find a pair of those meat shredders?

You may have to register it with your local LEO.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I am surprised the "STUFFED BURGER" didn't make it! Trust me! I bought one for myself and gave one to by brother and after I used it? I said to myself, "Bet your brother thinks you are a dumb ass for wasting your money!".

Want a Juicy Lucy? Use some wax paper and your damn hands!
If you don't know what a "Juicy Lucy" is make sure you have your family filter on when you google it?

edit on 17-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

dammit isn't supposed to be an as seen on tv cooking tool? i so need that for cooking...... yeah like soups and stuff

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hah! some of these will come in real handy for a Zombie Invasion.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Poor Rolle. This is the first time that's ever happened!

I bought something I was pretty skeptical about not too long ago for cooking eggs, though it didn't try to make them look like something you would read about in a romance novel being described as "turgid". It's a ceramic thing with a lid so you can microwave eggs. It's freaking awesome. You can poach the bastards, make them scrambled, it's super easy to clean and does an awesome job.

Egg-freaking-tastic

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I have the vegetti (have 2....bought a backup). Use it a lot, and like it. It makes a nice low carb kitchen tool. i can only do so much spaghetti squash.

recommended it to an uncle, and he loves it, too.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's OK.

My husband bought one of those avocado slicer things you see pictured at the very beginning. I usually just cross cut and cube an avocado when I do them, but he likes the attraction of being able to remove those long, perfect slices.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

My friend bought me one of those two years ago. I prefer to just use my chef's knife but when she comes over I haul that thing out and get it covered with avocado goo.

new topics

top topics

join