It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Grylls Running Wild with Obama tonight in Alaska

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No snow. It was a 65-degree partly sunny September day when he was here. We then proceeded to break records for rainiest September in South Central and snowiest September in the interior, along with being several degrees below normal temperatures for the whole month.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

just my opinion - but president obama needs fewer support staff than bare grills for a trek into the wilderness

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Bear was on Saturday Kitchen here in the UK on the BBC and he said they found a half eaten salmon and Bear was cooking it much to the official food taster/safety guy who had a second one ready out of the camera's view horror especially when Obama started munching into it.

He did say there was pretty much a sniper on every vantage point etc

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
so climate change and he fly's there im guessing just like he did to the paris one,that's a hypocrit for you .
so climate change and flying can you not see he does not really care or he would not fly

How do you expect the president of the USA to get to Paris?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

i would expect video conferencing from all the world leaders as this was about climate change.
to fly to a climate change debate is a hypocrit ,we have had video conferencing for years now.
how can they be serious about the climate and expect us to take them serious .
planes have no catalytic converters fly in high altitudes and cause far more damage then your car.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien I agree with the conference call thing at least it would demonstrate some alternatives maybe even improve the technology to make it seem like a more face to face meeting, that would be better. Air travel is still going to be necessary for the foreseeable future, but leaders should lead by example and promote cleaner ways of doing things.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

an eco freindly tea clipper was good enough for benjamin franklin - when he went to france

* attempts have been made to remove sarcasm from this post - but traces may remain

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

If I were to watch that (and I can't...ditched cable a while ago), all I would end up doing is probably screaming at the TV.

Also, this does lower my opinion of Bear Grylls a decent amount--that he'd be willing to use his show in such a blatant was as a propaganda machine. But maybe I'm wrong and it won't be a propaganda show.

Nope, Obama is in it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
How do you expect the president of the USA to get to Paris?

There's this crazy technology called video conferencing*. That's one way, if you're really asking.

He doesn't have to charge the taxpayer for such an pointless trip if he would just jump on a secure video conference and spout his claims that way. In fact, if that conference really was about cleaning up our emissions, all of the world leaders would have teleconferenced in. But no, they traveled there via fossil fuel.

Irony, anyone?

* yes, I know most electricity is derived from fossil fuels, and that electricity would run the teleconference, but it'd use magnitudes less than physically traveling to Paris from D.C.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Surrounded by ice and snow and I bet they still end up drinking piss

There was a White House petition asking for Obama drink his own piss.

President Barack Obama is scheduled to meet with Bear Grylls during his visit to Alaska, who will give the president a "crash course in survival techniques." If there's one thing we all know about Bear Grylls' techniques, it's that they mostly involve drinking his own urine. And so: We ask that Obama do the right thing and drink his own urine during a taping of "Running Wild with Bear Grylls." For science. The people demand it.

Link

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Bear was about to wet his pants just being around the President. He told him he loved him almost every other sentence and at the end said "my biggest worry today was keeping you safe".

They were both adorable.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Define Irony.

Our current Potus whose entire platform is you can't survive without government.

Goes an a 'reality' SURVIVAL tv show that shows people they can SURVIVE without government.

Priceless.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It fits because Grylls isn't about survive and thrive, he's about "survive until the authorities rescue you." His show is a farce and most of what he tells people to do is a fast track to death if you're not "rescued" within a short time. I prefer Les Stroud. There's a guy who could actually survive and thrive in the wilderness by using his head instead of going for the shock value of picking edibles out of bear scat or squeezing hydration out of elephant crap.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well I guess Obama was getting a bit jealous over the Putin riding bears meme's.... I guess he figured this was the closest he'd get to actually riding a bear haha

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Watched this on catch up TV - it was a bit of a political broadcast on climate change in truth.

Bear was fawning to the point it became difficult to watch and obviously the usual strenuous activities were not done. Credit to Bear though, he did get in a conversation about drinking pee
I am still reeling from the fact he asked Michelle Rodriguez to make a stew out of hers and actually drank it. The man obviously has a fetish for it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join