It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Grylls Running Wild with Obama tonight in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did a search about this and didn't see anything. There's been some threads about climate change recently and about the conference in Paris the other week so if you didn't know and would like to watch, president Obama will be on the Running Wild show tonight on NBC from Alaska. They'll be looking at and discussing climate change. What do you think? Climate change propaganda or no?

www.businessinsider.com... -on-running-wild-with-bear-grylls-2015-12

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I guess we're just supposed to suspend disbelief and buy the idea that the President of the United States of America was "surviving" in the Alaskan wilds sans Secret Service, a doctor and a satellite phone?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Link doesn't seem to bring anything up!
But if true, Obama should have sought out the most intense survivor man of all. Mr. Les Stroud.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Your link appears to be broken.

Aside from that, what an interesting turn of events, if true. The security operation on that must be something outrageous to behold.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Here's one.
www.newsweek.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

oh sorry, heres a different one

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm actually planning on watching this tonite.

I'm in the mood for some comedy.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If we are lucky enough, they will both get lost in the Alaskan wilderness.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Your link appears to be broken.

Aside from that, what an interesting turn of events, if true. The security operation on that must be something outrageous to behold.

Sorry posted another one and so did apparentlystupid.

Yeah, he must be real serious about this climate change stuff to do this huh.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Surrounded by ice and snow and I bet they still end up drinking piss

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure why the idea tickles so much but I'm eager to see it too. Is it a joke, can it be genuine? IDK Bear has been slammed in the past over fakeness, but its fun to watch him eat bugs n balls n all manner of nasty stuff. Oh please make Obama eat something gross.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

Something that will portray strength and one up Putin and his shirtless hunting, tiger holding, martial arts endeavors?

Im wondering how he's going to defend climate change by spending, what? one day in Alaska?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Im wondering how he's going to defend climate change by spending, what? one day in Alaska?

Well, considering who he is and his position, that may be all he needs. Better than nothing.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
so climate change and he fly's there im guessing just like he did to the paris one,that's a hypocrit for you .
so climate change and flying can you not see he does not really care or he would not fly

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yah, that is what I was going to say: I'd watch it if he goes bare chested and wrestles a bear.....

Photo Op!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for that visual...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I'm praying for a really hungry grizzly bear to show up.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Watching now, um, yes, he's commenting a good bit on how fast the ice is melting.
Because: It's melting pretty fast.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I guess we're just supposed to suspend disbelief and buy the idea that the President of the United States of America was "surviving" in the Alaskan wilds sans Secret Service, a doctor and a satellite phone?

"Surviving"

The Exit Glacier is especially notable for being a drive up glacier (similar to the Mendenhall Glacier of Juneau). A spur road of the Seward Highway takes visitors to the only road accessible portion of the Kenai Fjords National Park and a number of hiking trails that take visitors to the terminus of the glacier or even up to the Harding Icefield itself. Although one of the Harding Icefield's smaller glaciers, because of its easy accessibility and abundant hiking trails around and above the glacier, the Exit Glacier is one of the most visited glaciers in Alaska.

en.wikipedia.org...

The motorcade used plenty of fossil fuels to get him there, though... Oh, not to mention the fact that the Exit Glacier isn't receding due to climate change, but rather direct human hands. Tourists climb on the glacier, touch the glacier, and even chip pieces off the glacier both for giggles and to try to find the legendary ice worms.

The "most powerful man in the free world" and Mr. "The breakfast at the lodge this morning was salty, must drink own piss" drove up to the glacier and filmed no more than a couple hundred yards from where their motorcade was parked. This is as related to survival and climate change as finding a penny in the parking lot is related to being a copper miner.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join