It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite ever ATS thread and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This thread did not bring me to ATS, but it kept me lurking;
What's going on at Yellowstone?
edit on 17-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this is the best thread to probably ever have come across the ats.

1999- Ep1 Era. --Height of my Dating experience. Dated Natalie Portman for 3 days, or some might say a week. depends on how long you think spring break lasts. Well, You know the story.

Post your dating history.

1999- Ep1 Era. --Height of my faking experience! Pretended to be Natalie Portman for 3 days, or some might say a week. depends on how long you think spring break lasts. Well, You know the story.

edit on 17-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This thread did not bring me to ATS, but it kept me lurking;
What's going on at Yellowstone?

510 flags!

This is the kind of thing we do not seem to see anymore.

What did happen

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This thread is really old and I see it only got two flags BUT it kept people guessing for ages.

It's a shame that the OP is spoiled because the pictures don't show and the blog that was linked to no longer exists. However, it went on for 27 pages and took 2 years before anyone came up with a credible solution:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I love how so many people got involved with it.

Another favourite is thread about Paul McCartney being replaced by an imposter:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
This thread is really old and I see it only got two flags BUT it kept people guessing for ages.

It's a shame that the OP is spoiled because the pictures don't show and the blog that was linked to no longer exists. However, it went on for 27 pages and took 2 years before anyone came up with a credible solution:

I love how so many people got involved with it.

Another favourite is thread about Paul McCartney being replaced by an imposter:

I will check out the first link when I get a chance but,

Paul is dead. Not read the ATS version but good god I love that one.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
What did happen

I believe it failed to erupt.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have quite a few favorites myself. Kind of hard not to if you've hung around her awhile.
For me though, I think off the top of my head I would have to say any thread that a dearly missed member, Rising Against, wrote about the Kennedy Assasinations.

Considering he wasn't even a American, he certainly put a lot of his life effort into that moment in time and did it well. I even asked him how come he never covered Teds mess and oddly it just hadn't occurred to him, but he did end up doing a outstanding job on that as well.

While I am here, I will also have to say I have enjoyed the threads that have come about as the event happened.
Example, Boston Bombing, MIssing Jet, Jet shot down, Sandy Hook, and of course San B, just last week.

Don't get me wrong, I think it stinks we have to have these tragedies, but I love how all the minds come together, be it good, bad, or ugly, these members get ALL OVER IT.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I liked Dark Knight but alas, trolls be trolling.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I can't believe nobody has said "Hidden Hand".

Hidden Hand
Hidden Hand
Hidden Hand

Back in 2009 I was doing a google search on Dec. 2012 and it brought me to the Hidden Hand thread here on ATS.
One of the most fascinating things I've read to this day.

I can't imagine there is anybody left who hasn't read it, but just in case

Window of Opportunity

edit on 12/17/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: added link

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I can't believe nobody has said "Hidden Hand".

Hidden Hand
Hidden Hand
Hidden Hand

Back in 2009 I was doing a google search on Dec. 2012 and it brought me to the Hidden Hand thread here on ATS.
One of the most fascinating things I've read to this day.

I can't imagine there is anybody left who hasn't read it, but just in case

Window of Opportunity

COOL Thread.
I'd never heard of this one, but began reading it.
Hindsight is better than 20/20.

"San Francisco and Damascus, will be uninhabitable by the end of 2010, possibly even sooner."
-Hidden_Hand
posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Similar thread with Members Favorites:

ATS GOLD: THE VERY BEST OF ATS

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I also like the creepy forest stories thread. Talk about some goosebumps lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific just making room for newer members to step up. I never put as much effort into my threads as I should. I have it in my head, but find it difficult to get down to formatting it into an engaging thread. I'm trying to make more of an effort. But a lot of members do go either get banned for some reason or just covered every base of ATS and get sick of it all. It didn't help when everything turned into a blame Obama thread and all got a little partisan, left vs right thing. But some great members have gone for reasons I still never understood.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The original three word story (which is no longer available for viewing) was one of my favorites. Not because it was simplistic, but because it was a good amusing time for every member. Regardless if you were of the serious camp or the "just funsies" camp, it was a bunch of nonsense and was just plain fun.

Shame the original isn't still around, even though it was initially closed. I couldn't seem to find it in search, and the one link I thought it was (within a thread) was a 404 - so I'm assuming it's just gone. Sad.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yep...this one right here. It's what brought me to ATS many years ago. Read ALL of it. It's really quite interesting...

Protoplasmic Traveler
edit on 18-12-2015 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm going to be shameless too and include a couple of my threads. I asked: Have you ever frightened anybody? and Have you ever been grossed out?

Ask questions like that on here and you'll never be disappointed with the results

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is a collection of members creepy stories. Its a good read. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of cool stories on this thread too. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This one makes no sense but the comments are hilarious. There are a lot of smart asses here lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join