It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the Numbers: The real numbers of radical Muslims in the world narrated by Raheel Raza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Xtrozero

27% sound a lot higher than I aware of.

Can you post links to the surveys and studies please.

We are starting over fresh with the new count, so that would be two, but then they are dead so right now 0...

Nope, not getting any of that there matey.

If we start with a new count we know of the two in southern CA so that is 2, but since they died we are back to 0 on our count...lol get it now?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

27% sound a lot higher than I aware of.

Can you post links to the surveys and studies please.

We are starting over fresh with the new count, so that would be two, but then they are dead so right now 0...

Nope, not getting any of that there matey.

If we start with a new count we know of the two in southern CA so that is 2, but since they died we are back to 0 on our count...lol get it now?

Nope I am still not understanding what you are getting at here.

Sorry but I just do not understand your comments, please explain.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well first it was a joke...

We had two extremist in CA that killed 14 people for Islam, or ISIS or something related to them. My joke was we can start over with a fresh new count of extremist, so we can start at 2 for those two in CA, but since they died we are back at 0 extremist in the world... get it, god I hope so since I can't explain it any more and it wasn't that funny to keep talking about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Well first it was a joke...

We had two extremist in CA that killed 14 people for Islam, or ISIS or something related to them. My joke was we can start over with a fresh new count of extremist, so we can start at 2 for those two in CA, but since they died we are back at 0 extremist in the world... get it, god I hope so since I can't explain it any more and it wasn't that funny to keep talking about it.

You are right one one thing as it was not that funny.

I pity you in that you see this as some sort of game where you keep scores about people dying.

Good luck with everything, your sense of humour is unusual but I imagine well recieved in your small social circle so you just carry on with that.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

See my problem is 28% "feels" too high not that a retort is given, or a more accurate poll just that the numbers do not fit with their world view and so it must be wrong, they would rather sit at a strange ambiguous place where the numbers could be 0, it's like being in a constant Schrödinger's cat scenario ,that way it's undefinable and they can make appeals to emotion they can claim conspiracy and a nefarious force "the government" behind feelings of fear, this is their way of dismissing everything,it is myopic, it is silly, and it is asinine. My friends I am not afraid, far from it and you better believe it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I pity you in that you see this as some sort of game where you keep scores about people dying.

Good luck with everything, your sense of humour is unusual but I imagine well recieved in your small social circle so you just carry on with that.

I guess you still do not understand.. geez

This whole topic of 27% is a joke don't you see that. My post was just satire of all of this trying to debate numbers of extremest in the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I guess you still do not understand.. geez

This whole topic of 27% is a joke don't you see that. My post was just satire of all of this trying to debate numbers of extremest in the world.

Well then geez I guess I just don't get your humour then.

I must have missed a meeting somewhere about how things were going.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Xtrozero

See my problem is 28% "feels" too high not that a retort is given, or a more accurate poll just that the numbers do not fit with their world view and so it must be wrong, they would rather sit at a strange ambiguous place where the numbers could be 0, it's like being in a constant Schrödinger's cat scenario ,that way it's undefinable and they can make appeals to emotion they can claim conspiracy and a nefarious force "the government" behind feelings of fear, this is their way of dismissing everything,it is myopic, it is silly, and it is asinine. My friends I am not afraid, far from it and you better believe it.

The funny part is you do not need a big percentage to have millions when there are 1.3 billion in the world. How many military are over 1 million...4, how many over 3 million 0, so we could be talking a number well over 4 times the largest military in the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I must have missed a meeting somewhere about how things were going.

No problem we can still be friends..lol

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Can we take a moment to look at the numbers here please?

The people intervieved in Afghanistan was 1509. The people in Eygyt interviewed was 1798. I could just continue but we have both read the information.

1000 people interviewed would be standard. I'm not a polling expert but I believe 1000 people surveyed will give you a good margin of error. The formula is Margin of error = 1 / square root of sample size. So just 1509 people would give you a margin of 2.577 or 2.6 which isn't bad, not bad at all. So a country size or sample size in the millions wouldn't deviate much. You could sample another 1509 people 100 times and still end up with the same margin of error. The higher the sample size, the lower the error naturally. That's the beauty of percentages.

Coupled with the fact that it was a DOOR TO DOOR SURVEY BY A US COMPANY and I do not intend to insult your intelligence with the capitalisation just make this prominent, then do you not feel that to scale this up to a hyped youtube video suggesting that 27 percent of muslims are radical extremists is a little contrived?

Why would a US company intimidate Muslims to answer against their preferred answer? If that's the line of reasoning. If it were Arabs conducting the door to door then you would think 100% No? I believe Pew uses not so direct questions and follows a tight methodology. I'll have to dig up more info to answer this correctly. And as for the video, you're neglecting to acknowledge it's the president of the "Muslims Facing Tomorrow" society. I implore you to look at their mission statement.

Our mission is to reclaim Islam for, as the word itself means, securing Peace for all people, and to oppose extremism, fanaticism and violence in the name of religion; and
Our vision is to advance among Muslims the principle of individual rights and freedoms, and for Muslims to embrace the idea of openness, of relating to others as equal and deserving of equal respect, and of defending freedom of speech as the basis of all other freedoms enunciated in the constitutions of liberal democracies, such as ours in Canada; and, accordingly,
We consider our effort is consistent with the forward-looking reading of the principle enunciated in the Qur’an, “There is no compulsion in religion;” and
We believe our mission and vision are intimately bound with the struggle for Enlightenment among Muslims and Reform of Islam in the modern world; and
In order to succeed we are dedicated to nurturing harmonious coexistence among people of all faith traditions, to supporting open and free intellectual discourse about our history beset with problems that need to be publicly discussed, and to celebrating as Canadians our cultural diversity in all of its aspects.

Seems pretty reasonable. They're not asking what the rest of us aren't asking. Reform.
muslimsfacingtomorrow.com...
edit on 18-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Prepared to take the Pew poll figures at face value as they tend to be quite thorough with their data gathering and analysis. I used Pew to determine similar figures for fundamental Christianity.

It shouldn't be a massive shock to anyone but there wasn't a huge discrepancy between the 2 religions as far as propensity to embrace radical ideology and engage in forms of extremism. If one needs urgent reform then they both do.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

An informative video. Good to review this sht now and then.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join