It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

FBI alerted about group of men asking about Bagnell Dam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Imagine if the suspicious activity surrounding the hijackers flight training was taken more seriously. 9/11 may have never taken place.

You're right, they should have caught that, but didn't. Because at the time there was nothing out of the ordinary about hundreds, thousands of pilot trainees coming to America to learn how to fly jets. Only looking back does it seem suspicious.

Take SB, again for instance, the neighbors saw somethingbut had no inkling what they were planning. Only looking back were they able to put two and two together.

Take this case with the dam. If every "middle eastern looking" bunch of tourists that wanted to rent boats and sail on lakes was to be interrogated beforehand… nvm.

How about guys with beards and turbans driving cabs? What about brown skinned truck drivers? You know how many trucks drive through tunnels and over spans every day?

You aren't going to see the next one coming, either.

But just as long as the fear is alive something might happen, there is no need for anything to actually happen.

One actual shooting is going to get a lot of mileage in the next few weeks while they ramp up the rhetoric and get ready to Desert Storm Syria.

My guess is soon. Theres your real terrorist agency, the ones waging unjust, aggressive warfare on hapless "Middle Eastern looking" countries.

Shame on all the warnmongers, shills, and fraidy cats.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
a reply to: network dude

Very noble words and i agree .

You must bee a traveling man?

I sincerly felt the news piece was playing on fear .

Like i stated before their was more to that . i just happen to read between the lines i guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:23 PM

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: UnBreakable

in the context that apratus was used - what else did you think it could be ???????????????????

I wasn't sure. I thought since "Apratus" was capitalized. it was a specific term I wasn't aware of. I wasn't aware "apparatus" was that difficult of a word to spell out. I missed the steno class during the court reporting abbreviation class.
Its Italian for JEEHAWD

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: yitco

What does a middle eastern man look like ?
Why do you keep asking that?
It's as if you are of the opinion that there are no identifiable physical characteristics of middle Eastern men.
I can spy a 'Western' dressing Arab in the high street in the same way I can notice someone from South Asia, or Africa, or Scandinavia.
Heck, I can even accurately identify white Eastern European people in my high street before they open their mouths, and I live in a 97% whitee region of the UK.

What, are you saying that you struggle to identify 'Middle Eastern' looking people in your community?
Never mind Islamic dress or beards, there are unique characteristics which make reasoned guesses easily possible.

Your question "What does a middle eastern man look like?" is a sidetrack as far as I see it, you know full well that there are regional differences around the world and other people are fully capable of recognising them.

(post by UnBreakable removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FamCore

Believe me, they are aware of the vulnerability of dams, bridges and tunnels. Except there hasn't been an attack on US soil in that regard since 2001, has there?

Not that I am aware of anyway. Theres your sign. A group of men aren't going to ask to rent a boat to "look at dams" if they intend to bump a boat load of dynamite into it and make it fail.

Personally I think they would tend to hide such a thing from the general public, train derailings, plane crashes, bridge collapses, power outages and such, all are accountable as accidents in the main stream, right? Not sleeper cell Jihadis, looking to wage war in America.

When that happens it will be much bigger than anyone can miss, just like 911, just like the Anthrax and Ebola scare, just like second suns.

Edit: It will just happen without any advance notice, instead of "credible threat" type advance warnings. Just like all other attacks against western interests, so far.
I actually see it as a Combined effort to sway attention away from Real Targets, and not Obama hiring Joksters to push his Political Correctness Agenda…In Either case folks might start Shooting people who look OFF

I agree, the "real target" are countries sitting on oil reserves in the Middle East. They aren't covering that.

And thats what whipping people into anti Muslim sentiment is designed to do, cause incidents from both sides.

The word credible doesn't make threats more credible. Harping on "manufactured crisis" does.

So I guess i should stop…

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

a reply to: SPECULUM

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

It's PC nonsense like this that causes other people not to report incidents. Please stop trying to prevent valid news from going out because it might hurt your politically correct feelings.

That's like saying it's guns that kill people, not people using guns. Absolutely ridiculous. "PC nonsense" doesn't stop people from reporting incidents. Weak-minded, cowards sissies who kowtow to the whims of others, despite their own judgement stop themselves from reporting things they feel they should report. Let's not excuse sissies for being sissies.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
I'm no advocate of hatefullness. I love my country and it's great freedoms where cultures can coexist. I'm a grain farmer in Iowa used to a simple positive existence. When invasive weeds invade my soybean field I chop them by hand with a machete. If I can't keep up with their growth I have several people come help with their machetes. If the weeds get to tall or too many I annihilate them with the least amount of chemical necessary to burn them to a crisp. The infrastructure of our country is everybody's soybean field. The attacks that we all sense brewing need to be dealt with before it gets out of control because if that happens it will be too late. Better to ruffle a few feathers and be safe than to sit idly by. Perhaps a new strategy could be invented to find the terrorists? Internet policing, retinal scams, DNA profiling database, completely new system for passports ? Security checkpoints ? Idk but the previous poster mentioned the lack of police in rural Missouri that is a fact. While there is the mhp and county sheriff's the business most handled by the police in this area is pretty simple stuff..dui, speeding, simple thefts, domestic abuse. Rural Missouri has never dealt with anything like what's upon it this is Not chasing meth cooks or serving warrants to people living in mobile homes we are talking about.Not really any experience or extra manpower to deal with preventing it just feels like as a country we are laying here with our legs spread waiting to see how big it is .

edit on 12172015 by yitco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
a reply to: queenofswords

Common sense right now dictates that if you live in an area where you don't see a lot of middle eastern men...

Gun-wielding bandit calls Indian immigrant ‘terrorist’ before shooting him in the face

Common sense dictates that if you aren't that familiar with them, then Tony the convenience store clerk starts to look just like a terrorist. Good as - close enough boys - string em up

This is where we're at now - where any ordinary citizen can be accused of being a terrorist

After being handed a bag of money, the gunman took a second employee — a 34-year-old Indian American man who goes by the name “Tony” — into a backroom. Once inside, the suspect ordered the clerk to his knees and stuck his gun inside his mouth, the manager told WOOD-TV.

At that point, the manager recalled, the robber said something along the lines of “I shot people like you overseas in the Middle East.”

The assailant also called the clerk a “terrorist” and suggested he was a member of the Islamic State...

I'll bet you would have been first in line to rat out Sarah Good

Mass hysteria. Never, ever useful
edit on 12/17/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM

originally posted by: Trueman

a reply to: Trueman

When did i assume that?

You talk about fear mongering, means you believe those are scary news.

I'm not scared at all, maybe

Better to be pissed off rather than pissed On.

Unless you have a wooden leg and it's on fire ?

Good one brother

Now, just to be clear. I see you like a good man, you love your faith and wish that all this nonsense extremism finish one day.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:50 PM
a reply to: LSU0408

Thanks for that reference.

…it is truly like they were suddenly “struck down” and unable to get back up.

It was just like that. The rehab center was full of people that had been "struck" that way, poor people, in mid stride… wham.

Just_like_that. Just like when jumbo jets fly into sky scrapers and people go, WTF?!

Theres how we know we are under attack.

Everything else is paranoia, delusion, and stirring the terror p(l)ot.

Done here…

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
My neighbor few miles down the way is Blackfoot Indian and African descent he looks middle eastern. So just by looks I'm sure nobody could tell simply by looking if he was middle eastern. Soon as he speaks its obvious he's not. Not that middle eastern terrorists can't speak fluent English but I think that safe bet would be that most do not. There needs to be a way of checking and censoring that's not racist or hateful which doesn't offend everybody. No problem I can see answering a few questions at a checkpoint couldn't solve

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This has nothing to do with religion.

But more to do with story's being put out by the MSM. to keep people in fear .

eks ago at the Golden Corral in Osage Beach. A deputy was eating lunch and the wait staff told him about the group of men. Staffers said the men were asking questions about the dam. They wanted to know if they could rent a boat and tour the dam.

The Camden County Sheriff’s Office tells Lake News that they received a tip about a group of “Middle Eastern” men asking about Bagnell Dam. The police department forwarded that report to the FBI and a joint task force on terrorism.

Their is so much more going on in this story .

Profiling , fearmongering , paranoia to name a few .

I starred you because I appreciate your point, I really do. I just think that with so many wannabe hajis combined with recent calls to arms from Daesh et al, it would be stupid to not be suspicious of something out of the ordinary.

However, yes. The msm do want to keep us in perpetual fear and that works both ways. Muslims hating non-believers and non believers hating Muslims.

All of this sh#t is planned and it seems to be working.

The dumb ass Muslims joining the imperial march And the dumb ass Christians/ atheists /(insert religion ) joining the paranoia.

Unfortunately, the average Joe is very easily influenced by their peers. That is why I was saying that your thinking is clouded by your religion.

Never underestimate stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

Are you Afraid?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

Could be they are Radical Islamic Terrorists.

Or, they're a group of engineering students or just or engineers. Could be they are urban planners, architects, water scientists, or interested in how water becomes electricity.

Or maybe they are fishermen?

My point? Is they're more likely to be any of those things versus terrorists. I think terrorists, the ISIS types anyway, would be way smarter than to go to the local Golden Corral (btw, how freaking GROSS is that place?) and ask about the dam in the middle of the Bible Belt in America.
edit on 17-12-2015 by lovebeck because: Dam. Not damn.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:06 PM
my religion is not islam, if i asked about the damn would locals be alarmed?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM

originally posted by: odzeandennz
my religion is not islam, if i asked about the damn would locals be alarmed?
I'm white and i live here, and if i was sniffing around the Dam or even bringing it up, unlike the Middle Easterners..They would throw my Ass in Jail until they figured out what i was up to...See that's the difference.

Now , if i was in Arabia and was Sniffing around the House of Saud, what do you think they would do? Hmmmm?

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>