It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of top ten UFO believers, Lachezar Filipov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I found an interesting telegraph article from Feb 2011 top ten alien believers
besides Prof. Stephen Hawking it also featured,

Lachezar Filipov
Bulgarien gouvernment scientist from the country's Space Research Institute claimed that they were already in contact with extra terrestrial life.

They apparently asked the aliens 30 question and were analysing 150 crop circles they thought were the answers.
Does anyone here know more about this?
Or what is your general opinion?
edit on 17-12-2015 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 17-12-2015 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"UFO" being automatically synonymous with "extraterrestrial" is a semantic pet peeve of mine.

I would call myself a "UFO believer," simply because there remain cases of unidentified flying objects that defy (by my standards) sufficient mundane explanation, and which have good supporting evidence (credible witnesses, physical evidence, radar tracks, analysis by objective scientists who still cannot account for them, etc.) But that doesn't mean I am persuaded they are extraterrestrial in nature necessarily.

And then the article itself is a bit disingenuously titled. "Top ten UFO believers," and "Alien life and UFOs: top 10 believers," are two different things. And the content of the article is largely those who merely acknowledge the probability of ET life somewhere out there, not necessarily visiting Earth (with some exceptions.)

"UFO believer" should not mean "believer in ET visitation of Earth," imho. But what can you do? That ship has sailed. The nomenclature is what it is.

S&F for sharing this, though.

Peace.
edit on 12/17/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Martin Skreli was behind it the whole time!

hahaha

On a serious note, I was under the impression that the general consensus about the Aricebo message was that it was not genuine (I brought it up here on ATS a few times and was pointed to a site where a "respected" UFOlogist pointed out reasons as to why he didn't think it was legit.

I searched through my old threads and couldn't find it, must have been on someone else's..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

I know what exception you mean, Filipov:

Aliens are currently all around us and are watching us all the time

That's why i was hoping someone knows more about him, or their work.
I am yet a bit undecided.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting comment. Will come back later hopefully for more info

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

But it is really good! If it is a hoax than it still deserves attention for being an impressive piece of art.
If i would have done that i would want the world to know.
I also like the English one, the greys face with the disk!
Would be so amazing if it were genuine! And i don't know, but consensus is also aliens don't exist, yet many believe they do. And i think i want this to be true.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I totally agree - and the complexity and size of some of these crop circles is truly ASTOUNDING.

There are definitely a number of instances (possibly the Aricebo message included) that have NOT been refuted and cannot be logically explained.

If you get into the stories by Phil Schneider, and others the rabbit hole seems to get VERY deep.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
after his disclosure:

Dr. Lachezar Filipov then goes missing for ten days after disclosing this and was eventually interviewed by the media when he turned up again.

He was asked to verify the ET presence but then replies "if i answer that question i will be killed.

source and was showing signs of sleep deprivation. A conspiracy!

There is a thread about him, but nothing what the 30 questions were so far.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It blows my mind that someone with these credentials ( www.creativehammer.com... ) Would make statements like:

"Aliens are currently all around us, and are watching us all the time," Mr Filipov told Bulgarian media. "They are not hostile towards us, rather, they want to help us but we have not grown enough in order to establish direct contact with them."

And that symbols have been "sent" to "them" from the aliens.

Really? A man within the academic elite since 1967. Surely has utilized the scientific method throughout his research. Then makes comments like these with no proof. No research. No scientific testing. No peer reviews. I couldn't find much on the good doctor in 2015. I would love to hear what happened . Mental break? Hoax/scam to sell books, scam money some how? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: FamCore

But it is really good! If it is a hoax than it still deserves attention for being an impressive piece of art.
If i would have done that i would want the world to know.
I also like the English one, the greys face with the disk!
Would be so amazing if it were genuine! And i don't know, but consensus is also aliens don't exist, yet many believe they do. And i think i want this to be true.

The complexity of crop circles strongly correlates with the advancements in computer graphics over the same time span.
Then, once the incredible geometric circles did about every type of spirograph.... they went into digital pictures and then simulated 3d shading... then some really wild stuff. Like what you would expect from artistic people.
edit on 18-12-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

I know! But if he is trying to sell sthg i couldn't find what that is. It seems very weird and as far as i can tell he was working with a team of scientists, from the official state space institute... I don't know what to think. But he was also working with a medium and claims most of the alien contact will be through telepathy.

top topics

join