It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea finally sack Jose Mourinho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's been on the cards for weeks but Chelsea have finally announced the departure of the special one , obviously Mourinho had lost the dressing room some time ago and the overpaid players at Chelsea have gotten their way with his departure.

As I'm not a Chelsea fan I've enjoyed watching their dismal form and subsequent slide toward the relegation zone but as a football fan I think it's a sad end to Mourinho's Chelsea career and confirmation that it's the players who hold the power at the top clubs , Guus Hiddink has been lined up for another spell as interim manager until the end of the season.

After weeks of pressure, the axe has finally fallen.
But just who decided on Jose Moutinho’s fate?
The Chelsea consists of five key players, who have previously voted on such decisions,
Chairman Bruce Buck was the one to do his finest Alan Sugar impression and tell the Portuguese “You’re fired”, but what do we know about the members of the board?
www.mirror.co.uk...

Now the speculation can begin on Moutinho’s replacement , I find it interesting that Pep Guardiola is rumored to be set to announce his departure from Bayern Munich at the end of the season this weekend with speculation he is set for Man United , I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea is his actual destination.

Bye bye Jose , it was fun.

edit on 17-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Havnt read any of the reports on it yet but I guess with the way things are it was only a matter of time.

I reckon Guardiola will take over... but he has a contract at Bayern till end of Season.. they will get a temp in till then most probably... depends on the quality of Manager who would do it temperarily..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You watch the team start playing now... and winning about 10 in a row.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
nice 40 mill in the bank for Jose.

For this season its a write-off already so some one sane to keep things steady till the next proper guy comes in the summer break.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've loved every minute of their decline...when you rely on a Credit Card with no limit to build a Team, you got it coming.

And they were supposedly trying to build a Dynasty. How the hell do you do that by sacking the one guy that could pull it off if given the time..?

It all went down hill with the Eva-gate. Jose's decision to go after her was a huge mistake. Many of the clubs top talent were close to her. She's probably dancing a jig right now.

Who ever comes in next is gonna be held to a ludicrous standard. The players may pick up the pace now that Mous gone, but it may not be enough. It will be interesting to watch...

Oh, and...Much love to the Arsenal!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Footballs a funny old world, players rarely get sacked, but if a squad of 24 are playing bad then the fault lies in 1 person, the manager.

I'm sure these talented footballers getting paid millions a year wouldn't perform so poorly if their finances and careers were on the line, it's not just Mourinho who's at fault with Chelsea's poor form but the whole squad for underperforming and not even trying, but like BestinShow says, it's probably got a lot to do with the Carneiro scandal and there's a lot that goes on in the dressing room that we never know about.

Football would be more interesting if players were paid on performance instead of a fixed salary, I'm sure we'd see a lot more from players if that was the case but I still love watching the games.

Going to miss Jose though, he was a great character to have in the Premiership and he still is one of the greatest ever managers the premier league has seen

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
I've loved every minute of their decline...when you rely on a Credit Card with no limit to build a Team, you got it coming.

And they were supposedly trying to build a Dynasty. How the hell do you do that by sacking the one guy that could pull it off if given the time..?

It all went down hill with the Eva-gate. Jose's decision to go after her was a huge mistake. Many of the clubs top talent were close to her. She's probably dancing a jig right now.

Who ever comes in next is gonna be held to a ludicrous standard. The players may pick up the pace now that Mous gone, but it may not be enough. It will be interesting to watch...

Oh, and...Much love to the Arsenal!

I have to laugh when people slate a team simply because someone wealthy has decided to invest in them. If someone came into their club with a vast fortune to invest, how many would be complaining that their club has been taken over by a sugar daddy? Oh I see you're an Arsenal fan, so no surprise there.

Anyway, I am surprised by the timing of this, but not surprised he has been sacked. Jose has proved time and time again that he has what it takes to win trophies with any club he manages. What he doesn't appear to have is the capability of lasting three successful seasons with a club.

Next stop for Jose? PSG or Man Utd would be a good fit for him, but the love affair with Chelsea is permanently over now. Good luck Jose with whatever you do next, the Premiership just won't be the same without you.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have to laugh when people slate a team simply because someone wealthy has decided to invest in them. If someone came into their club with a vast fortune to invest, how many would be complaining that their club has been taken over by a sugar daddy? Oh I see you're an Arsenal fan, so no surprise there.

So, which is it..? You see my point because I'm an Arsenal fan and most likely support FFP because it allows for a more competitive league? What an asinine assumption btw...regardless of who support you should want a revolving leader board - does the co-efficient for Champions league football ring a bell?

Or is it because you're on the dole and have nothing else to do today..? You're shake-n-bake guy.

Funny how a Yank gets it more than you do...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I'm a Villa fan , I'd love a sugar daddy to breath some life into my failing club.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So, which is it..? You see my point because I'm an Arsenal fan and most likely support FFP because it allows for a more competitive league? What an asinine assumption btw...regardless of who support you should want a revolving leader board - does the co-efficient for Champions league football ring a bell?

Or is it because you're on the dole and have nothing else to do today..? You're shake-n-bake guy.

Funny how a Yank gets it more than you do...

No, what I see is someone who supports a club with a rich successful history and is bitter about someone taking over a rival club and has brought more success to that club, than yours.

On the dole? I see you like to instantly make negative assumptions about a person simply because they do not agree with your opinion. Typical Gooner mentality.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I'm a Villa fan , I'd love a sugar daddy to breath some life into my failing club.

Villa are going down this season no doubt about it.

As for the chelsea players.... well they got Mouronho the sack for some reason which I find pretty bad considering what he's done for the club!

Anyway I'm West Ham fan so I'm happy to see us above them.... although for how long remains to be seen. we have 5 players out injured right now and its costing us points. we would have beat man.utd and stoke recently.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Villa are going down this season no doubt about it.

Thanks for sugar coating that bitter pill.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't know, but Jose always seemed like a natural replacement for Alex Ferguson, plus a return from Ronaldo
Just a very uneducated prediction, based on hope more that reality. This is ATS where no predictions come true

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Always enjoy cheering people up.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think they'll appoint an interim manager till the end of the season, possibly Guus Hiddink who's done the job before.

Long term?
Don't know - possibly Guardiola but I think Man Utd would possibly be a better fit for him - who knows, time will tell.

Its not unthinkable that 4 top jobs will be going at the end of the season - Van Gaal has said this could well be his last season, Pellegrini continues to fail to convince at Man City, Wenger's been at Arsenal far too long and obviously there's the Chelsea vacancy.

The sad thing is that no young British managers will be considered for any of the top jobs.

As for Mourinho; I have a bit of a love / hate thing with him.
At times he makes me laugh and he's always achieved success.....but at other times I think he's a complete and utter bell end.

He's always managed to deflect pressure away from his players with his antics but I think he lost the dressing room after his appalling attitude to the club doctor.

He'll bounce back somewhere....and he loves life in London......a replacement for Wenger??

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Guus Hiddink has today been appointed Chelsea interim manager , Pep Guardiola to follow ?

Hiddink said: ‘I am excited to return to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea is one of the biggest clubs in the world but is not where it should be at the moment. However, I am sure we can all turn this season around.

‘I am looking forward to working with the players and staff at this great club and especially renewing my wonderful relationship with the Chelsea fans.’
metro.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Must admit, I likewise enjoyed Chelsea's nose-diving decline this season.

From around the Eva-gate episode it seems almost as if some players went on strike - or a 'go-slow'. Hazard has been awful and Fabregas may as well have not bothered to put his boots on. Same, but slightly less so, with Costa and Pedro. As for Terry, difficult to say as he's slowing down a bit, and can't recall if he even played much.

Any thoughts on which players had it in for Jose?

top topics

join