It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Voting For Dems and Repubs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Everytime elections come around, we get so caught up in the left vs right debate that we forget that neither party is fit for office. We always pick the lesser of two evils. Havent we had enough evil yet?

Politics is identical to Professional Wrestling.
They put on a big show for the cameras, look like theyre fighting and disagreeing, but they all chill and grab beers and congratulate each other on their performances. They are all beholden to the same Master. Remember the Council on Foreign Relations?

Obama promised change, and Bush called himself conservative, LOL
Nothing was further from the truth.

Its time to stop giving these Oligarchs legitimacy with our votes.
This election cycle, I implore you to not vote dem or repub.

If voting made a difference they wouldnt let us do it. Lets not forget that Presidents are SELECTED not elected. If we keep choosing their controlled options things will NEVER change and America will continue spiraling downwards.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua
Then someone like Bernie Sanders, or a Ross Perot comes along the Media tries to snub, denounce.
I do Vote for 3rd Party, even if I have never heard of them. But Bernie gets my Vote.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wish they just would abolish names for political parties all together...imagine if people actually had to listen and figure out who was genuine..imagine people voting for someone just because they are affiliated with their political party and no other reason....regardless it's a rigged game anyway..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You'd have to kill people to prevent them voting. Its their contribution to the political process.

Driving across town to wait in line and make little marks on a piece of paper.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Parties shoul be abolished. The next best thing is to eliminate the Duopoly we got going on. We have no free elections.
We dont get to pick the candidates.

If enough people vote for parties other than DemoCRIPS or ReBLOODlicans, they lose their majority status and will be forced to compete on more even grounds against grassroots parties.
Other parties dont get any tv time or coverage.
We live in an oligarchy and we need to shut it down while we still have the power to do so.

Vote Jesse Ventura 2016

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Think this sums it up

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You must be joking....

Politics is the perfect amalgamation of ideology, entertainment and emotional masturbation that has made America what it is today.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Dead serious.
Both parties are no good.
Both parties represent the banks and, for lack of a better word, the illuminati.
They do not represent the people they are meant to serve.

We need new parties. We need representation.
People vote along party lines and dont really examine the issues.
They continue to believe in all the empty promises these serpents make.
Nothing they promise you will come to pass.
Remember all the promises Obama made?
They got him elected, and he never kept any.
Pay close attention to the picture above, it is 100% accurate.
Its a genius method of keeoing power while appearing like we have a choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was just thinking today I would change my voter registration to be undeclared, so I can vote in the democratic primary. Even though I dont think Bernie is the right person, He is much better than Clinton. Getting him nominated as the democratic candidate would cut the head off the snake before she can run for Pres. Then after he wins the nominee, I can vote for who ever I want. Its all a game, so I guess we need to learn to play it better.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I know what you are saying....my sarcasm is easily missed.

Then start a peoples party. Isn't that what the T party, the Libertarians, the Green Party, Grassroots party and all the populist movements before promised....? How did that work out?

Politics in the US is dominated by the mega corps and the pentagon. They have the money and the guns to tell the rest of us what to do. And they can enforce their dictates. It's about money...and political parties and politics doesn't even enter into their cold calculating souls.

It's going to take more than a thread on ATS to get people off their butts to support a peoples party. We're just to comfortable with our Bread and Circus.

don't get me wrong, I admire your idealism and theories but reality is a mean spirited bitch.

If I cared enough, I would try and turn the 2 political parties we have now back into being representatives of the people but i just don't care or have the energy.

edit on 17-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes. Id love to start a party. Maybe one day......

But, just getting enough people to vote 3rd party and making the D&Rs get less votes will demote one or both from primary party status. 3rd parties are ineffectual until they lose their dominance. Then the system will be more open to new contenders.
So ee need to vote for pre existing alternatives for now.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's going to take more than a thread on ATS

Yeah, the Bush administration did it for me. It doesn't really make much difference which third party you support, it sends the message that you're willing to take the time to cast your vote, but your not satisfied with the main candidates. The size of the third party at this point is immaterial.

I think it's worth reminding people: if you're in a red state or a blue state your vote doesn't count; it's worthless. Texas will vote Republican, California will vote Democrat, and your one vote will not change that. People worry about throwing away their opportunity to vote, but you'd actually have more influence if you were willing to sit out elections you didn't feel enthusiastic about. Votes from red and blue states are garbage, only purple states can deliver meaningful influence from their votes. I'd especially advise Republican voters in red states and Democratic voters in blue states to think about what would happen if you only offered support when it was needed and valued.

Personally, if I vote at all it will be for a third party until I actually see someone make some positive changes. I'd rather be a responsible citizen and not vote, than to be an irresponsible partisan and support my flavor of evil.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
If voting made a difference they wouldnt let us do it. Lets not forget that Presidents are SELECTED not elected. If we keep choosing their controlled options things will NEVER change and America will continue spiraling downwards.

Therein lies the problem with your point of view--"they" don't LET us vote as much as they can't take away our right to do so. That is why they try so hard to make us think we're voting for the wizard when anyone paying attention knows that we're voting for the dude behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: MayanBoricua

Therein lies the problem with your point of view--"they" don't LET us vote as much as they can't take away our right to do so. That is why they try so hard to make us think we're voting for the wizard when anyone paying attention knows that we're voting for the dude behind the curtain.

Yes. They cant take that right away yet. That's why they gotta keep us trapped in this false left/right paradigm. So that our votes don't make a difference.
Following their logic, for our votes to count, we need to use them anywhere BUT coke and pepsi. Even if you don't like the third party candidate. If a third party gets more votes than coke or pepsi, then the duopoly is over. Making it easier for future third parties to compete on even ground.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well, to be fair and cynical at the same time, our votes really do not make that much of a difference because of the Electoral College (there was a recent thread devoted to that a few days ago).

Either way, I voted for Gary Johnson last presidential election, so I can say fairly confidently that I'm personally not part of the two-party problem, but it's the majority of Americans that really matter in this conversation.

But it all starts with one person, and he tells two friends, and they tell two friends, and they tell their friends, and so on, and so on...

A difference can be made, I just don't think the American psyche right now is up to it...too much apathy going around.

top topics

join