It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

herd without a shepherd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ok ats in this modern age the entire herd is learning and believing that they are here already the question I have is why is there nothing being done to stop it? I live in Iowa but travel all around the Midwest and there is no police or military presence whatsoever. in light of the recent prepaid cell phone purchases and stolen l.p. tanks throughout Missouri why are there not roadblocks, checkpoints, or a visible force of soldiers anywhere to be seen? Our military is visible overseas in nearly every country but here in The heartland there's not a soldier or hummer or camoflage anything to be seen? I have no problem with waiting at a checkpoint at least I would have the knowledge that the terrorist cells are not travelling about freely. Its time for America to close the borders completely and do some house cleaning! And why is wally world even selling phones that cannot be traced ? Pull some soldiers away from the foreign countries and establish moving checkpoints every so often with patrols on the secondary roads so to vet the people using the roads but also to have the ability to quickly stop traffic in the event of an actual attack. Wake up America and do something about this !

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yitco
Ok ats in this modern age the entire herd is learning and believing that they are here already the question I have is why is there nothing being done to stop it? I live in Iowa but travel all around the Midwest and there is no police or military presence whatsoever. in light of the recent prepaid cell phone purchases and stolen l.p. tanks throughout Missouri why are there not roadblocks, checkpoints, or a visible force of soldiers anywhere to be seen? Our military is visible overseas in nearly every country but here in The heartland there's not a soldier or hummer or camoflage anything to be seen? I have no problem with waiting at a checkpoint at least I would have the knowledge that the terrorist cells are not travelling about freely. Its time for America to close the borders completely and do some house cleaning! And why is wally world even selling phones that cannot be traced ? Pull some soldiers away from the foreign countries and establish moving checkpoints every so often with patrols on the secondary roads so to vet the people using the roads but also to have the ability to quickly stop traffic in the event of an actual attack. Wake up America and do something about this !

Is that what you'd like to see?

Military checkpoints?

If so, game over, we lost.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If rather have some military checkpoints than to just sit and pretend everything's going to be ok . I know the soccer mom's would be upset to have to wait in line here and there but maybe they could still go shopping at the malls if they are not blown up. Our military's primary reason for being is to protect our people but all I see is them protecting vested foreign interests. Why would it be game over ? Think that would be losing? Positive is our grids blown or other calamity occurs lost would take on a new definition. Its just the same as having metal detectors in airports

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't mind big brother and spending some tax dollars on actual homeland security would be money well spent. With so many soft targets and delicate infrastructure of the grid why is protecting our way of life so scary? I have a motion camera on my barn to catch creepers. License plate scanners at checkpoints and actual good ol boys from the military should be comforting not scary and might be effective at stopping not only terrorist but other illegal activities as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It may not be the most fun but still a lot better than complete martial law, curfews, and internment camps for people with accents. If the grid gets blown you'll see all of that

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: yitco

If rather have some military checkpoints than to just sit and pretend everything's going to be ok .

Nothing more potentially dangerous than bored, heavily armed soldiers.

standing armies

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Love the debate and taking it back to constitutional era may seem valid but I am positive there is something a lot more dangerous than a standing army and that would be radicalized, Muslim terrorist on jihad armed with high powered rifles, remote detonated bombs, suicide vests, and social media. Standing army is a throwback to an era so far removed when most guns were single shot percussion, people rode horses, and the wealthy owned people of color. In 2015 The president is black, guns have lasers, people ride in cars and planes, the little thing called the internet, etc etc etc while the ideals that our country were founded on are wonderful and just, it's about time to get with the program. If it takes a line of soldiers holding hands to form a southern border wall or I have to go through some checkpoints so be it anything is better than current policy of sending our troops as international police. I'd like to see the hanford superfund site decontaminated or the gowanus cleaned up rather than rebuilding Iraq or any other country. The military was created to protect america.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hello, I am from the USSR. It was a beautiful state full of freedom. Stalin was a mighty protector who practiced wonderful politics. Suspicious people were all very quickly taken care of, keeping Soviet people very safe. Nasty people who didn't like the government were taken to little holiday camps in Siberia where they worked to improve the Motherland and learned to be happy and make lots of new friends. Such a great solution! And if you were an academic, you'd be treated to city based institutions, where you could work all for the government and your work would be so valued that you wouldn't ever have time for a day off! Not that you'd want one! If you were really dangerous, such as if you liked to own things, or if you were very naughty and went abroad, the police would kindly put a bullet in your head and everyone would be saved! Everybody was happy. Everybody was free. Everybody was safe.

Come on. Living under martial law is no joke. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree completely. But desperate times are upon us and if the ends justify the means then so be it, communism is a far cry different than some security measures against terror cells to protect the masses. I have many chess friends from Russia and I make it a point to ask them about life there. Everybody I've heard from is happy with life there and they admire their leader so it seems everything worked out there just fine. ..

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yitco what desperate times are you living under. Don't let your politicians scare you.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Desperate as in there are already many embedded terrorist sects in the us.. Terror suspects being arrested carrying blank passports..stolen l.p. tanks..mass prepaid cell phone purchases..xbox360 equipment..rc cars/drones..San bernadino..bulk steel shot and razors..explosives in the woods..and most of all my spidey senses are humming the conclusions I keep coming to point to a different sort of coordinated attacka where terrorists detonate remotely avoiding capture to attack again and again. I might be a little paranoid and dramatic but I can clearly remember every second of 911 a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yitco right you want to give amygdala a rest.maybe try some meditation

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Lol true that. Earlier I played some chess games with the Armenian foreign exchange student..Had a good time and he could have passed as a middle eastern terrorist... But I've felt for quite some time that Something dark and sinister is coming to the heartland..consider my iq a match for anybody, I scored in top 1% of state on itbs, ited, act, and play international chess competitively and for years now I've learned to trust my deductions because I'm seldom off, hope this is that rare time when I am..but I'm sure something's amiss a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My avatar should tell you how I feel about BB.

But, I do want to point out, I'm from the same region, and I see no lack of local or Fed presence. Also, consider the fusion centers in the heartland.
The rural areas and less densely populated towns don't require a lot of police because of the low crimes. But, you better believe that there are officers around that you aren't even aware of. Also, depending on the area, they get updates on any specific warning in their neck of the woods.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: yitco

Odds are that if something that dark and sinister is going to go down it's as much an external source as it is an internal one. That makes it a bit more tricky to try and stop.

Plus, we aren't in a war zone yet and until we are nobody in their right mind will agree to live in those conditions as long as they consider themselves to be living as a free person.

What you describe is just living a life in total fear all the time and screw that.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No I don't live in fear whatsoever..i Am a survivor .what I do is live knowing at least I posted. You live in the area? Unless you are right nearby fort leonardwood I can't see how there's any visible military or police presence.. Sure in Palmyra there's missouri highway patrol zooming around and surely a local county deputy here and there in most towns but that's it. Those wonderful fellas do a good job writing tickets and policing regular stuff but are ill equipped to deal with much else. Look to ferguson to see just how they can get quickly oberwgelmed. . grew up with an immediate family member being the most powerful law enforcement official in the county so I do know what's way in the back covered in dust. I for one just want our precious infrastructures guarded with at least as much firepower as our foreign embassies. My point is America is so concerned with being an international police force that homeland security is a bygone issue. The money spent on smart bombs during operation Iraqi freedom would have built a nice southern border fence with money left over for pizza. The newest destroyer cost 4.3 billion so it can cruise around foreign waters asserting our position abroad. 4.3 billion . while at bagnell dam there's mere hundreds spent on security annually. There should be army infantry posted 247 a cross this country at every infrastructure, dam, post office etc . as a whole our pants are down, legs up $pread wide waiting for the big one and our birth control system is let it blow then hope we can get it pulled out in time. elmed a reply to: mOjOm

top topics

join