It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are YOU to Dictate What I do With My Life?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hate dictates of any kind because personal freedom and liberty is what makes life worth living on this planet! We are a nation of laws not dictates and dictators or would be dictators.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No, but society benefits from using currency for transactions rather than bartering. This enables people to perform work that produces intangible

I dont think you have thought that through, how does the printing of fiat money ad infinitum benefit the majority of society. You wouldn't happen to be a banker would you? Since the early 1500s the goldsmiths figured the ruse of creating credit out of thin air. The concentration of money has allowed them to become kingmakers with the power to control the fate of nations.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I dont think you have thought that through, how does the printing of fiat money ad infinitum benefit the majority of society. You wouldn't happen to be a banker would you? Since the early 1500s the goldsmiths figured the ruse of creating credit out of thin air. The concentration of money has allowed them to become kingmakers with the power to control the fate of nations.

All currency is fiat currency. Some cultures have used sea-shells, others huge rocks with holes carved in them. The only inherent value that gold has is that it is an excellent electrical conductor and reflects ultra-violet rays. Because many people think it's pretty, they are willing to exchange other goods for it. Some people prefer silver and turquoise.

Note that the invention of credit coincides with the Renaissance and the development of the modern western world. The voyages of exploration that made the discovery, exploitation, and colonization of the Americas by Europe was made possible by credit. The fact that you are able to sit in front of a computer that was developed by entrepreneurs who used bank loans and, eventually, common stock (which is a form of credit) is testimony to what an incredible invention credit was.

I am not a banker, I just understand economics. I urge you to do some reading in that field. Understanding economics should be a prerequisite for voting.
edit on 7-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wouldn't go as far as to say a prerequisite for voting , but you did remind me of this,

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”
― Murray N. Rothbard

Should however point out that while its a nice quote Rothbard was wrong on almost every single thing he wrote on economics .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join