It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Joined forces right ? Interesting attack on person who doesn´t really care about religion of peace.. who can blaime her? It is her choice and in democratic society which she lives in is totally acceptable. God gave her free will and she is using it ..Do you accept her choice ?

What are you talking about??

Free choice has nothing to do with being wrong or right?!

Making conclusion without learning about subject is pointless, and invalidates any further argument, as person who is not informed can't offer unbiased subjective argument, don't you think so?
edit on 18-12-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Seeing as we are joined forces get ready for the claims we are persecuting Christians.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What about her answer you didn´t understand? She has the right being wrong ( if you see it that way.. she is titled to different view ooposed to you) as she has the right being right. We are all titled to opinion, aren´t we? I can see your judging her charachter and i wonder by what bias and what qualifications or by what rights are you doing so.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

I asked you a question a tad ago. You didn´t answered.. maybe you didn´t like the question.

Persecuting Christians ? If you see so yourself .. can´t help you.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

You have the right to be wrong with your feelings and beliefs, but people have the right to point out facts, and even ridicule those who hold beliefs while refusing to explore the facts.

link   

I apologise, what was the question?

I'm happy to answer if you are happy to answer ,y previous statement that disproved yours, that Allah is the name given in the ME for the Abrahamic god of Christianity, Judaism and Islam
edit on 18/12/2015 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

link   

Muslims and Christians both believe in an Abrahamic God, but there are vast differences in their theology. Muslims maintain that Christ didn't die on the cross which is one of the best established facts of history. Muhammad must have been possessed by devils again

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

But they are from a pantheistic religion, whereas Allah refers to 'The One God', if you missed it it is the God of Abraham, the 'One God'. Allah IS mentioned in early bibles, because it was the word for One god. The God Jewry, Christians and the Muslims praise. But you will never see that, so from now on I will leave you with your opinion that you have a vested interest in preserving, while the rest of the world acknowledges fact, no matter if we don't like it.

By that definition Ik Onkar in sikhism is the same thing.

And even if Yeshua, Paul, Muhammad and Rumi and Nanak say they are inspired by the existing One (The meta meaning of all three) do not mean they are all sources of spiritual unbiased truths from the existing One.
edit on 18-12-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Muslims and Christians both believe in an Abrahamic God, but there are vast differences in their theology. Muslims maintain that Christ didn't die on the cross which is one of the best established facts of history. Muhammad must have been possessed by devils again

How is jesus dying on the cross one of the best established facts of history? There is no evidence for it ever happening. Hell there isn't even evidence that Jesus existed, let alone that he died on a cross.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Sorry, my bad, you did answer to that question. When i replied it throwed me to next page and didn´t notice your reply. My apologies !

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

No, that is not the Abrahamic god. I'm getting fed up of having to teach basic facts to so called believers.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No sweat mate we all make mistakes. Think nothing of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
a reply to: LittleByLittle

No, that is not the Abrahamic god. I'm getting fed up of having to teach basic facts to so called believers.

Might not have the same religious tree from your point of view but that do not mean they are not involved with the same spiritual source since they clearly have the same meta definition. Now I think it is you who are choosing to not see beyond belief bias.
edit on 18-12-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So in your opinion I am not entitled to have my opinion about her?!

Friend, you don't make any sense, or only selected few have an option to have opinion...

She is acknowledging that her knowledge of subject is biased and one sided and thus her answer can't be taken seriously... what is wrong with that conclusion???

You can have any view as you wanted, but when you present it here, it is subject to our comments. Keep it personal if you don't like to hear any comments. Simple like that...

Are you by any chance her lawyer?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No, you can have your opinion of her, it is your right but doing it public and attacking her charachter is simple wrong ethically. Thats how i see it. And i doubt this site is for that either.. its more for social sites like facebook.. i would hate to see ATS turning into such.
edit on 18-12-2015 by dollukka because: comma

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I have read books on islam and don't care to read their quran.I listen
to news and links from sources none of you would consider worthy
of your attention.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please don't get in here with this form of ignorance. If you truly believe this you have never studied history a day in your life. 1 Corinthians 15 contains a creed which is dated 3-8 years after Christ death. It mentions his death, burial, and resurrection. Mark, Luke, John, Matthew these are all Grecko-Roman Biographies written a few decades after the man died. Comparing this time frame to the time frame of other historical writings they dont compare. You simply just don't know your history. Josephus mentions Jesus in two separate passages. One has some interpolation in it, but the majority of scholars do not question the part about Jesus's death under the reign of Pontius Pilate. Josephus's father was Matthias and he came from a wealthy family and through his father he descended from the priestly order of the Jehoiarib, which was the first of the twenty four-orders of Priests in the Temple in Jerusalem (The History of the Jewish People in the Age of Jesus Christ (175 B.C. - A.D. 135) p.p.45-6). So assuming there was a Jesus in 1 century Jerusalem Josephus would have known about him so its not incredible to find he mentions his death. We also have hostile Jewish sources referencing Jesus. Then there is Tacitus and Suetonius . You are truly displaying a form of ignorance. You want to shout confirmation bias all the time. Look at you....you refuse to believe a man even walked the earth because of your preconceived notions of the world. The epitome of confirmation bias.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

of your attention.

So you have read peoples opinions of islam and consider that an education in the subject. K then.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The bible isn't evidence of Jesus' existence, regardless of whenever certain passages were written. Nor are Josephus or Tactius' accounts evidence of Jesus either. In any case, they aren't evidence of him being crucified and it CERTAINLY isn't the "best established fact in history".

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

of your attention.

Why would you trust a tertiary source over a primary source?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join