It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: dashen

Christians worship a little Jewish man nailed to a piece of wood.

Jews handed that "little man" over to the Romans to be nailed.

Good one! You've really got this trolling mode down to an art form!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What an inane question, asking people who don't know anything about the three different faiths and expecting a reasonable answer.
Shooting for stars?

Go study it in detail and make a logical and informed decision.

These threads should embarass the OP, to lazy to care, just looking to add to ignorance

Another person who professes to a knowledge of religion who knows very little

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: John333

Dear John, i find your post amusing. There is no need to state any superiority towards others. When you say all you have studied and you claim to be studied everything and in that age 33. I find that very amusing.

He has studied very little or is purposely being deceptive.

The Jesus of Christians is the Savior of mankind, the ultimate sacrifice, the immortal son of YHWH.

The Isa of Islam is a man, subservient to Muhammad and others and is Not the Son of YHWH (See above) To even say that Jesus is the immortal an Only begotten Son of YHWH / God (or their Allah) is an unpardonable sin in Islam
edit on 17-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It is interesting you are able to make all those sentences without answering the questions.. i am amused even more.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What an inane question, asking people who don't know anything about the three different faiths and expecting a reasonable answer.
Shooting for stars?

Go study it in detail and make a logical and informed decision.

These threads should embarass the OP, to lazy to care, just looking to add to ignorance

Another person who professes to a knowledge of religion who knows very little

And another long winded way of saying you have nothing of substance to contribute.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: dollukka

Dear John, i find your post amusing. There is no need to state any superiority towards others. When you say all you have studied and you claim to be studied everything and in that age 33. I find that very amusing.

He has studied very little or is purposely being deceptive.

The Jesus of Christians is the Savior of mankind, the ultimate sacrifice, the immortal son of YHWH.

The Isa of Islam is a man, subservient to Muhammad and others and is Not the Son of YHWH (See above) To even say his is the immoral on of YHWH (or their Allah) is an unpardonable sin.

not according to Allah in the Quran. but possibly according to the muhammadian view that has been cast on you. your clear and present danger. According to Allah.. Jesus is his Son. made eternal, crucified by deceivers who were then deceived and punished by Allah. for Jesus did not die on the cross. He was lifted up and ascended to Allah. for physical death is not true death. true death is the Death which Only Allah can bring. the Death of ones soul. the second death.

a concept and set of statements also found in the bible.

there is no disagreement. the disagreement is forged from the words of muhammad in the Quran. but everything else is Christianity. particularly, muhammad went to war against paganism. and enforced strongly in his people to remember the errors of their jewish ancestors, leaving a resounding blow that they would remember and never forget their God and how to serve him. to never fall to paganism. this was muhammads highest concern. within the Quran, many of the statements made by muhammad against christian teaching tools and concepts like the Trinity, were born out of his own misinterpretation of a foreign culture. so again it demonstrates how trying to borrow elements from another culture without having been properly schooled can lead to paganism... because of misinterpretation. had he understood the trinity concept he would not have had any issue with it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

OK,

In Islam, in the religion that is Islam. Do they believe and accept that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God who did physically die on the cross for the sins of mankind and was resurrected? That Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that nobody comes to the father except through him?

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If your answer is yes, I think 1.7 Billion Muslims or so will disagree with you. If you say no, then your previous statements are incorrect.

It is that simple.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

OK,

In Islam, in the religion that is Islam. Do they believe and accept that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God who did physically die on the cross for the sins of mankind and was resurrected?

the general view is basically that they are so concerned with making the error of worshiping a man, that they prefer to deal with God directly. thus because there is the view that Christians worship Jesus in the flesh as God that they must unbind themselves from their christian brothers so that they arent party and parcel. let's call it.. playing it safe.

the short answer to your question is.. Yes. the Quran teaches that. your local Imam, may not. the only issue is in interpreting the crucifixion of christ in the Quran. many muslims believe that his body was switched, thus he did not die, and thus there would not be need for a resurrection.

basically that part of the story(the resurrection) is not in the Quran. remember i said that the Quran also contains parts of the story that are not found in the bible. this is the view and the story that the arab people obtained from their perspectives, from their people who were there and had ties to the region.

if u read the 4 gospels of matthew mark luke and john, the testimony of Jesus crucifixion isnt that far out from the one in the Quran.

one apostle says jesus was crucified physically and that simon only carried the cross for him. the other said jesus was switched out and another man carried the cross and was crucified instead of jesus. and the Quranic version says, another man was crucified in place of jesus(interpretation). how different is that.

i should point out that the view that his body was switched out in the Quran is an interpretation issue. this is not what Allah is saying at all. i already stated that what Allah was saying is that Jesus physical death was not true death, that they should be more worried about the death of their soul(second death) rather than who they kill physically.
edit on 17-12-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: troyof69
If I remember correctly, Muslims worship the God of Abraham. Christians worship the God or Abraham also. Seems to be the same to me. As far as the trinity, not all Christians believe in it. The same as not all Christians worship Jesus.

What kind of Christians are you talking about? Never heard of them. The word "Christianity" is taken from the word "Christ" which is the very name of Jesus Christ. Obviously to be a "Christian" you MUST believe in "CHRIST". You've evidently run into some cult members.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If your answer is yes, I think 1.7 Billion Muslims or so will disagree with you. If you say no, then your previous statements are incorrect.

How do you know that what you say about Jesus is what all Christians think?

I think you have biased opinion

It is that simple

Yes it is really simply to see where some are coming from, your 1st post in this thread made it clear.

If You are a Christian, than you are a lousy christian, division was not something Jesus taught was it?

I thought Jesus was more about unity, funny that much of Islam is about unity as well.

No, they do not.

Yes, they are the same God, there is only one God.

You saying Allah is Baal only shows that the devil Christians believe in really can deceive the minds of some men/women.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Obviously to be a "Christian" you MUST believe in "CHRIST". You've evidently run into some cult members.

One can believe in Christ and not worship Christ, Like I believe Christ preached, he preached to worship God not for people to worship him.

These stupid cult members worshiping God like Christ taught,

Its heresy I tells ya.

edit on 17-12-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

I hope you realize that worship and belief are not the same thing
edit on 17-12-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: troyof69
If I remember correctly, Muslims worship the God of Abraham. Christians worship the God or Abraham also. Seems to be the same to me. As far as the trinity, not all Christians believe in it. The same as not all Christians worship Jesus.

What kind of Christians are you talking about? Never heard of them. The word "Christianity" is taken from the word "Christ" which is the very name of Jesus Christ. Obviously to be a "Christian" you MUST believe in "CHRIST". You've evidently run into some cult members.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

yes but as Christian ur supposed to follow the way of Christ but worship God. the name Christ comes from the Greek Christos, which simply means.. Anointed. following the way, the path set out by the king of the prophets is what being a christian is all about. his message and his example.. comes from his Father. and if you are a true follower of God you will listen to all his prophets. Jesus being the one who came to make clear many improper interpretations in recent times, sinless from birth so we are sure we got the purest message.

all this is taught in the bible. though men were made prophets in the old testament, they still sinned. ham, david, all sinned. and moses would be no exception. Christ is the only one who remained sinless from birth to crucifixion in the eyes of God. this is why he could produce the purest doctrine of God's intention and love for the world. which is why his symbolic death was enough to put an end to all forms of ritual sacrifice as a requirement from God. old covenant was abolished, and those who would listen to Jesus became God's new true Jews.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: angeldoll

Obviously to be a "Christian" you MUST believe in "CHRIST". You've evidently run into some cult members.

One can believe in Christ and not worship Christ, Like I believe Christ preached, he preached to worship God not for people to worship him.

These stupid cult members worshiping God like Christ taught,

Its heresy I tells ya.

I hope you realize that worship and belief are not the same thing

just bare in mind there are some ppl who cant detect sarcasm. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Jesus was about truth, not unity of falsehoods.

Jesus was the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the father except through the Son.

You don't compromise truth for unity under lies. Why not just convert to islam and be done with it if you do not believe Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ) is who he says he is?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Jesus was the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the father except through the Son.

You don't compromise truth.

and what do u think that means? when jesus stands in front of you walk through him like a ghost?

through him - means following his way. because it is the truth, and it will lead you to everlasting life.

following his way means practicing the morals he taught in your daily life. your way of life precisely. of course Jesus taught unity, and completeness, what do you think the objective of love is? love is unification and coexistence. love permits forgiveness, forgiveness is the railway to peace. Godliness is the express lane to everlasting peace. non-judgemental attitudes need to be adopted. that is what christ taught. Love is the Law! Forgive your enemies. why do u think he instruct these things? oneness with God is the objective. what do you think it is? you are a christian right?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From my point of view no it is not the same god (view),

Paul changed the story in the new testament and therefor changed the view of what god was for those who followed Yeshua:s teachings. Muhammad created his own view of what god was and made himself the prophet of that view.

From my point of view both where very disturbed souls. Interesting that humans choose to listen to people "who behave insanely and have murdered people" for spiritual advice instead of souls who have never hurt a fly. That says something of the Abrahamic followers from my point of view. Following a wolf in sheep skin instead of a soul who really is walking the golden path never deviating from the golden rule.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You are full of it. I get it now, you are a follower of Chrislam.

You do not integrate pagan beliefs and compromise the sacrifice of Yeshua to fit in.

Chrislam is a lie.

Christians Are Being Duped Into Believing the “One God” Doctrine of Chrislam

www.prophecynewswatch.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But most Christian tradition is an amalgamation of pagan beliefs...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Jesus is in the Koran, born of a virgin, named Mary. He walked the earth, in the flesh.

So, the obvious question, addressed to any Muslim should then be.... If your book says this and you believe this, who then, is Jesus' father?

The only answer is God (Allah).

Jesus IS the Son of God.

It's a simple question, using their own teaching. Common sense should give them the answer.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You don't compromise truth for unity under lies. Why not just convert to islam and be done with it if you do not believe Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ) is who he says he is?

Who said anything about unity of falsehoods?

Like I said, deceived, the deceived are also labeled as blind or blinded to the truth (funny you speak of truth), maybe that blindness is how you brought up unity of falsehoods.

Yes Jesus was about unity under one god, and that god was not himself, hence the saying nobody comes to the father except through the son, which I interpret as Jesus being the son like all other people of earth, everybody was his Brother and sister and I believe Jesus said all are children of God, it was him teaching unity which is why he basically said my way is to god, his way being unity, believing in the one true God together, so as not to create division like you are trying to.

You can try and divide the ignorant with your rambling about how others believe in false Gods, however if people believe in one God then they seem to believe in the same god in my eyes, no matter how many folk like yourself try and deny it and act like a child saying 'nah, your god is false bla bla bla'

Islam and Christianity both believe in Christ,

Its just that modern day Christianity has been deceived into thinking Jesus is God and into worshiping Jesus like GOD.

I don't need to convert to anything, I have my own beliefs and don't need any ideology to tell me if my beliefs hold true.

the only one that knows if there is truth in the way I live my life is the 1 God I believe in which is the same God many people of many faiths believe in and worship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join