It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God? :D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
:cool
The word ''God" in English language relates to a supreme being in charge of ruling the multiverse. But where does god exist? Who is the collective consciousness called ''God''. Is God everyone souls put together? Is God made up from advanced souls?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisitcplanet

You cannot describe nor recognize God, no more than a hummingbird can describe or recognise the concept of Special Relativity.

Humans have quite an intellect. But they tend to give too much anthropomorphic attributes to things they cannot understand. They also attempt to compare every unknown phenomenons to either an anatomical or mechanical element they are already familiar with. Maybe the Most Intelligent Being in the Universe works in ways which eludes most mechanisms known to humans.

edit on 17-12-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The concept we have of God is as primitive from our perspective as it was for the famous Cargo Cults of WWII.

We tend to Deify what we don't understand, giving it a "larger than life" mystique.

Over time that tale grows in the telling to what we (mis)understand today.

Eidt: Maybe a more appropriate question is who are, instead of what is God.

After all, a 'what' didn't invent airplanes, Gods did.

And men aren't Gods.
edit on 17-12-2015 by intrptr because: circle jerk logic

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The concept we have of God is as primitive from our perspective as it was for the famous Cargo Cults of WWII.

We tend to Deify what we don't understand, giving it a "larger than life" mystique.

Over time that tale grows in the telling to what we (mis)understand today.

This is very close to what I was going to say. God is just the name we give to things we don't understand. It's the name given to the imaginary being some people call out to in their darkest hour...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's the name given to the imaginary being some people call out to in their darkest hour…

I agree spirits aren;t imaginary, I've seen them.

But calling out to one all encompassing Go(o)dness, I'm having trouble with that.

Take it away, Sir George…

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I would say god is the collective consciousness of everything. The structured energy of the universe. A conglomeration of frequencies that helps life exist but was created by life itself.

Because I am a mouse, I am not bound to the limitations of humans.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

an ideal regardless what any religion would like you to believe, or as my mother hates me to say "Santa for adults"

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The God Presence exists beyond this multiverse.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
interesting topic. i think a few others already nailed it on the head that we humans tend to give anthropomorphic characteristics to many things in life. and that we have such a limited view as is on reality and how much we know about life.

personally i do not like the word "god" because i feel it has been tainted with the idea that it is a human like being or "father" that watches and rules over all of us. plus its tied to many despicable religions out there.

when i think about the universe and when i talk to the universe i am speaking to all of the energy that is out there. i am extending my own energy out into the universe and interacting with different energy and outcomes

also someone made a comment about "spirits." personally am into the idea of entities that are not in physical form or human like that exist in the universe.
i have had experiences astral projecting myself and your form is so weightless and unrestricted that it gives you a picture of how you can sense things without a form, without a body, ect.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimisitcplanet
What is God?

What is not!?

Existence = the complete Universe = Omni- = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

There is only One (all inclusive) Universe!
edit on 17-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
An inconceivable force that responsible for all of creation and destruction that often represented in the idea of Good, and is symbolized with various images, as well as having various disciplines just trying not to piss it off, where the disciples could follow nice healthy, as well as interesting lifes.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don't know but I feel that God is not what we as people have made it seem.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

God is what you can't describe but only experience.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

God is the black space that all creation exists within.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In context of a reality where there is life could reality as a whole be alive? of all of reality?

And in potential could such life be capable of understanding perceptually, reality, beyond the perspective of reality as we understand it?

Any thoughts?
edit on 17-12-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Consider the concept of "Many Worlds Interpretation".

Is it possible that because life exist in reality that a Consciousness could exist. That in effect could observe reality, beyond the potential of a, "Many Worlds Interpretation"?
edit on 17-12-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but here is the second line lol

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

You cannot describe nor recognize God, no more than a hummingbird can describe or recognise the concept of Special Relativity.

Humans have quite an intellect. But they tend to give too much anthropomorphic attributes to things they cannot understand. They also attempt to compare every unknown phenomenons to either an anatomical or mechanical element they are already familiar with. Maybe the Most Intelligent Being in the Universe works in ways which eludes most mechanisms known to humans.

There is NO WAY whatsoever that you can know about
hummingbirds knowlage of SR, NON, NADA.... So
please...

God is nothing more than a figment of imagination and fear.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Based upon what?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"What" is god?... Here we go, again!... Another, possibly,.."educated" individual, asking an uneducated and ignorant question, .. "to deny ignorance "...blah and blah.

A respectful terminology would be..."Who is god"?

But you're, bait posting and fishing for a argument. Basically "trolling", ATS's already, trolled water...

But to humor you with an answer?. ... Jesus Christ.

A "What", can be anything you'd like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join