It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Putin Q&A - Admits Russians participating in E. Ukraine in military capacity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

No he didn't. Why he left and the reasons russia gave are different.

Russia claims he fled -
Putin: Russia helped Yanukovych to flee Ukraine

Russia helped ousted Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych to flee from violent protests in February, Russian leader Vladimir Putin has said.

Yanukovych says otherwise -
Ukraine crisis: "I didn't flee" says Yanukovych as he calls for Russia to act

"I did not flee,” he said. “I will return to Ukraine as soon as my security can be guaranteed.”

Which one is telling the lie - Yanukovych, who says he didn't flee or Putin, who said he did flee.

Why did Putin then abandon Yanukovych instead of restoring him? He wouldn't pull the Kremlins party line about Crimea -
Ukraine crisis: Viktor Yanukovych decries Crimea 'tragedy'

Ukraine's deposed President Viktor Yanukovych says Russia's annexation of Crimea is "a tragedy" and he hopes it will become part of Ukraine again.

By fleeing he abandoned his position as President, vacating it under their constitution.

All of which is still more believable than that video that doesn't show anything but bad russian acting. Just as putin showed when there wasnt russian troops assisting with the takeover of crimea or fighting in E. Ukraine. Something putin lied about then turned around and said he lied about it.

Which is also why stopfake is more reliable than russian propoganda.

Please - any pro russian, point out false articles by stopfake. Show where they lied.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

So you are refusing to answer the question about the video - why?

As for stopfake please provide examples of them publishing lies.

What it appears that you are doing is trying to change the topic, from the fake video to trying to claim, without proof, that stopfake is propaganda.

Surely if you believe that you can easily provide examples.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Are you slow? I answered twice now as to why.

As for stopfake please provide examples of them publishing lies. What it appears that you are doing is trying to change the topic, from the fake video to trying to claim, without proof, that stopfake is propaganda. Surely if you believe that you can easily provide examples.

Hold on you have dismissed Russian news sources off hand on numerious occasions because they are paid by the Russian government. How do you know that stopfakes articles are not made up bias either? Are you in Ukraine to check their facts?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Are you slow? I answered twice now as to why.

As for stopfake please provide examples of them publishing lies. What it appears that you are doing is trying to change the topic, from the fake video to trying to claim, without proof, that stopfake is propaganda. Surely if you believe that you can easily provide examples.

Hold on you have dismissed Russian news sources off hand on numerious occasions because they are paid by the Russian government. How do you know that stopfakes articles are not made up bias either? Are you in Ukraine to check their facts?

I don't dismiss Russian news read it regularly but bear in mind even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

You also might be interested to know that what they put out in English is different from the Russian versions. Guessing this is because not a lot of Russians know English so no harm done.
edit on 1/2/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And I am specifically asking you what your opinion is on the video -
Fake or real?

Please provide evidence that stopfake has lied in its articles. That should be easy enough if its just propaganda as you claim.

Yes I dismiss Russian media because russian media has acknowledged they publicly lie when they say there are no russian in crimea (little green men) only to publish they were russian. Then we can move into all the examples we have provided, like the mh17 fighter shooting a missile bs, to the shootdown of the su24 in turkey they claim was in syria even though the evidence coulnt be retrieved. Not only is russian media state owned we have given examples of their articles and the lies they contain.

So - your examples supporting your assertion stopfake is propaganda, specifically their articles please.

Here I will help -

Stopfake

Just click the link and provide an example of them lying in their articles.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Sure here you go

www.stopfake.org...

Russia: Blogger Sentenced to Five Years Imprisonment

Their disclaimer
News in the section 'Context' are not fakes. We publish them in order to keep you informed about events concerning the information war between Ukraine and Russia

Tyumentsev, a blogger from the Siberian city of Tomsk, was prosecuted for social media posts calling for peaceful, nonviolent protest against high transport fares and criticizing Russian actions in Ukraine.

When in actual fact he is a bigoted nutcase
His video titled Get out of Tomsk

Where Tyumentsev complains that refugees are being “herded from Ukraine to Tomsk” and calls for their immediate expulsion. Local authorities he complains are treating “our people like Negroes,” bending over backward for these refugees, who have abandoned their own country are now coming to “piss away [prosrat’] ours.”

Calling the local government’s support of refugees “criminal,” Tyumentsev calls upon “people who have any sense of personal self-worth” to “make the only possible decision–to expel these unfortunates from our land. . . they have nothing to do here. . . First these people betrayed the Soviet Union and now they betray their own country–Ukraine.”

“Got the hell out of here, please. If not, we’ll help you to do so,” he pointedly tells refugees

Also his video titled Day of National Anger

“This regime must fall,” he insists. Either the mayor and governor will be arrested for corruption, or “we the people” will detain them, as well as the entire Russian government, and “put them up against the wall;” i.e., have them shot.

Interestingly, at this point in the video (4:50) he specifically includes the president of Russia among those that will have to be executed. In the United States a threat against the president falls under 18 U.S. Code § 871, and is punishable by up to five years imprisonment.

“If they do not observe the law, then why should we,” he asks his audience (4:30)? Moreover, Tyumentsev warns that if arrested, not only the authorities, but “their children, and their families will pay. There will be no other option.” (5:10)

Apparently anticipating arrest, he vows to continue his fight in prison, and “after the regime falls I will ensure that everyone who opposed the interests of the people and the nation will be put up against the wall.” (5:45)

Does that sound like a peaceful protester like stopfake champion him to be or a raving lunatic? As for your video for the third time I don't give a #
edit on 162015162015bpm02 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

He doesn't threaten Putins life he calls him a criminal. As for thr US arresting a blogger wouldn't happen for what he said we have had people say far worse here on this site about thr US government.

Now did he act on this in any way?? Then he goes from peaceful to a terrorist. I can't find enough information about him to see if he in any way that could be terrorism. I'll say this though he's no friend to Ukrainians well the refugees he sees them as traitors to Uraine and basically says if they betrayed their own country do you want them to be Russians?? But maybe they were unaware because looks like they couldn't find much on the nut case. Did you see the part where he accused the Russian government of trying to remove thr people of Tomsk think he believes the government is trying to destroy his people. Even mentions evictions to house refugees.Id be intereted to find out about that? Is he crazy or is thr govt trying to drive them out??

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What part of what is in the article is false / a lie? Its a simple question.. What the article says is in fact accurate. What you brought up is not in the article is it? Ive read it a few times now.. maybe im missing it. Please be kind enough to highlight the info in the article you chose.

By the way here is the article... look familiar?

Washington
December 30, 2015

In response to a Russian court sentencing blogger Vadim Tyumentsev to five years imprisonment after convicting him of “extremism” for posting videos on social media and YouTube alleging corruption by local officials and criticizing Russian intervention in Ukraine, Freedom House issued the following statement:

“Russia’s imprisonment of Vadim Tyumentsev evokes nationalism and fear to justify blanket intolerance of dissent," said Mark P. Lagon, president. “The Russian government seems determined to prevent free expression in any form, including in social media. One measure of a government's legitimacy is its respect for freedom of speech, especially if it is critical of authorities."

Background:
Tyumentsev, a blogger from the Siberian city of Tomsk, was prosecuted for social media posts calling for peaceful, nonviolent protest against high transport fares and criticizing Russian actions in Ukraine.

A Russian court earlier this month sentenced Darya Polyudova, an activist in Krasnodar, near the Black Sea, to two years imprisonment for posting online criticism of Russia’s policy toward Ukraine. Earlier this year, Rafis Kashapov, an activist from Tatarstan was sentenced to three years imprisonment after being convicted of extremism for alleged calling for violation of Russian territorial integrity.

Russia is rated Not Free in Freedom in the World 2015, Not Free in Freedom of the Press 2015, Not Free in Freedom on the Net 2015, and receives a democracy score of 6.46 on a scale of 1 to 7, with 7 as the worst possible score, in Nations in Transit 2015.

Freedom House is an independent watchdog organization that supports democratic change, monitors the status of freedom around the world, and advocates for democracy and human rights.

Join us on Facebook and Twitter (freedomhousedc) and Instagram. Stay up to date with Freedom House’s latest news and events by signing up for our RSS feeds, newsletter and our blog.

What part of the second article is false - specifically?

My guess is you cant find any articles that are false / lies which ios why you selected that article and then interjected your opinion in hopes it would confuse people since nothing you claimed is in the article.

wanna try again or you ready to acknowledge you cant find lies / false info at stopfake.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

what? it was like november or december. whats it matter when he gave that speech?

whatever dude. i dont know what to tell you. theres evidence the US and EU politicians were heavily involved. you wanna ignore it then fine. i dont care. done trying to convince you to stop ignoring facts so that you can keep up your bias.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

what does any of this have to do with the actions taken by the EU and US?

bad russian acting huh.... ok guy.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

As for thr US arresting a blogger wouldn't happen for what he said we have had people say far worse here on this site about thr US government.

no of course not. they just end up commiting suicide. which happens quite a bit. i guess being a reporter or blogger makes one very very sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

what does any of this have to do with the actions taken by the EU and US?

bad russian acting huh.... ok guy.

You dragged the thread off topic.. were proven wrong, then dragged it off topic again with the fake crucifixion video that doesnt show anything but bad acting.

Going for a 3rd attempt... How bout we come back to the topic - Putin lies about E. Ukraine and the pro russians trying to lie to cover up putins lies by saying putin never said they werent in E. Ukraine when in reality Putin did state no russians were in E. Ukraine.

Which lie would you like to discuss?

Putin? The video?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

yeah putin lied. i think this was obvious from day one. i stated my opinion that i think they are doing the right thing being there. the separatists in my eyes should have help and im glad they are getting it.

and its still weird to me that you are trying to say that the azov battalion couldn't have done what they did in the video. like come on. we know they are bad guys. why are you trying to cover for them by saying the video is a fake?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

yeah putin lied. i think this was obvious from day one. i stated my opinion that i think they are doing the right thing being there. the separatists in my eyes should have help and im glad they are getting it.

and its still weird to me that you are trying to say that the azov battalion couldn't have done what they did in the video. like come on. we know they are bad guys. why are you trying to cover for them by saying the video is a fake?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

what? it was like november or december. whats it matter when he gave that speech?

whatever dude. i dont know what to tell you. theres evidence the US and EU politicians were heavily involved. you wanna ignore it then fine. i dont care. done trying to convince you to stop ignoring facts so that you can keep up your bias.

Works both ways if you want to believe lies whatever . That speech was after maiden and he was talking to an empty floor between sesions. He was trying to score points politically only it backfired in a big way when he was called out for being pro Russian. Politically he killed his career for making accusations without proof. Much like we have had happen here. You can say anything you like but without proof you become a fool and that's what happened.he couldn't prove anything he said if he did he would have been the next president.

Don't believe a crackpoy there are many in politics even in Russia you have one that wants to start a nuclear war. Luckily people like that no one takes seriously.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Yes putin lied.... many many times yet you guys still defend him and his lies.

My issue is with the video.. It doesnt show whats being claimed. No body... No pain... No screams... and it stops before anything is seen. You will excuse me for questioning the video when russia / pro russians have made similar videos blaming ukraine that accuses them of murder etc in the video while the video ends before anything occurs.

When putin and his media lie like they do you are fighting an uphill battle in trying to convince people those lies are the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ive gone to ignoring stupid stuff like that not even worth arguing over. There are blogers that love trying to make Ukraine out to be filled with Nazis. It's just another way to insult nothing more. OBAMA has been called Hitler it means nothing especially in eastern Europe since they btandish this around all over in thr media. Even in Poland they are saying Russia has turned fascist. Pointing to Putins politics and the number of Nazis in russian politics. But they are still a minority at least for now.

There making thr same accusations now about Turkey. Whoever the Russians have a conflict with will be Nazis

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

ok please show me the proof that his speech was after maidan. i was not aware of this.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

ok please show me the proof that his speech was after maidan. i was not aware of this.

I know you weren't it was discussed here on ATS several times.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join