It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Putin Q&A - Admits Russians participating in E. Ukraine in military capacity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge and the issue was over whether or not they were military personnel ordered there by Putin?!?

I remember arguing about this when someone put up a photo of people in Russian military uniforms and then put up a similar picture of a place in Ukraine calling it proof that the Russian military was there...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Thanks God this operation were performed (otherwise, many Crimeans simply could be put to death by radicals supported from Kiev). And considering that it occurred without a single shot, I believe it to be simply brilliant.

I don't support intervention of military of one country in another, but when it comes to urgent rescue of people from inevitable death, it becomes more important priority than anything without a doubt. During the Crimean events and after, I communicated with many people from the peninsula to receive information without participation of mass media to develop my own point of view.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

The claim that ethnic russians were being killed in ukraine was also a verified lie told by Russia.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
would be no reason for conflict if the US didn't try to take Ukraine by force. i hope that the conflict is resolved quickly also. im happy i havent heard of fighting recently. those people have needlessly suffered long enough because of the actions of the united states government.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

so the oddessa massacre didnt happen? lots of ethnic russians have been killed in ukraine. what are you talking about when you say that was a lie?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

so the oddessa massacre didnt happen? lots of ethnic russians have been killed in ukraine. what are you talking about when you say that was a lie?

Odessa was nowhere in your post as you said Crimea. The claims made by Russia about ethnic russians being killed was made to the UN security council. The council has asked many times for Russia to provide details / specifics and to this day they never have. All evidence to date shows the claims by Russia are false and it was used to justify their invasion of ukraine / illegal occupation of crimea.

As for Odessa last I saw the investigation was ongoing. Ironically enough your (and Russia's) use of the term Odessa massacre and blaming Kiev forces is interesting. The "Odessa massacre" occurred in 1941 when Nazi forces rounded up between 25,000 to 34,000 Jews and slaughtered them in a 2 day time period with upwards of over 100,000 Jews / Romani's being murdered in the course of a year +.

I think the Odessa incident was probably pushed by pro russians / russians in the area to give russia further propaganda ammunition to continue their "Ukraine government are Nazis" bs. Again, Ironically, the USSR tried to evacuate those civilians (Jews/Romani) to protect them from the Nazis.

I am thinking people need to open a history book once in a while to see what Russia is up to. If they did they would notice the Russians are doing exactly what the Soviets did to the Tatar's. Persecuting them while forcing them to relocate.

'Russia's treatment of Crimean Tatars echoes mistakes made by Soviets'

Russia is doing the very thing they tried to use as justification to invade Ukraine - Removing anything that is tatar's related to suppress the tatar population in Crimea. Up to and including forced relocation of tatars.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

1. Dismiss 2. Distort
3. Distract 4. Dismay

you arent as good as tsurfer dude.
edit on 18-12-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Can't support your post and instead of admitting you bought into a Russian lie you attack me. Your post applies to what you are doing and not my response.

I look forward to you trying to support your post while trying to prove a Russian lie as fact.

Good luck with that...

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

i dont need to support my post. what happened happened. the people of oddessa were attacked, quite a few were killed. i think it was in the 40's, 48 people died? cant remember.

now go ahead and start your little rotation. dismiss this. distort it by adding a bunch of other information and saying russia did it, somehow(not sure how that works)...... distract with some odd factoid about how the odessa massacre happened in the 1940'(even though you know damn well what im talking about). and dismay? not sure what that one is.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So you have nothiing to support your claim. As I have stated before this is no longer the height of the cold war. If Russia makes a claim it needs to be supported. Gone are the days of unquestioned accusations by Russia (or pro russians in this thread).

Dismiss the claim? Something happened in Odessa we just dont know the specifics. Until we do I will dismiss the rush to judgement propaganda by Russia or anyone else pushing the same BS.

Any ways like I said feel free to support your accusations instead of trying to bury the challenge under useless excuses.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

yeah i do. ive said it twice. putin says ethnic russians were being attacked. the odessa massacre was just one of many instances of this.

dude what? we dont know what happened in Odessa? yeah we do. molotovs were thrown and people were burned alive by right sector. there is video of this. did you not watch them?

ohh my god guy you are impossible.

you want me to go on live leak and find a few of the execution videos or what? crust almighty.

this must be the dismay part. you say things that are so outlandish that i actually get sad. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The "ethnic" russian bs is the same lie Hitler used, protection of ethnic germans, to justify his aggression / invasion of his neighbors.

try again...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

no duh. Ukraine is strategicaly important to Russia. they were about to loose it. they made an excuse and they took action.

that doesnt stop it from being true though does it. but since you deny anyone was ever attacked even through they were attacked. thought thats what we were talking about. but yeah you talk about whatever helps you keep arguing even at the cost of cohesion. distract....

oh and creating some dismay by comparing Putin to Hitler. nice. thats a new one *sarcasm. youll pretty much says any "low down and dirty" thing it takes for you to come out on top of the conversation.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We know what happened in Odessa and the OP typically ignores the reality of that tragic barbaric situation where people jumping out the building to escape the flames and smoke were bludgeoned to death by people he support because they oppose Russia

Same with Georgia who did some good old fashioned ethnic cleansing on their own people to the east of the country

When are the maidan snipers going to be arrested? There is old evidence of a Ukrainian fatherland party member bringing into the area an assault rifle in the back of his car

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Ukraine is a sovereign nation and is no longer an occupied ssr. Putler needs to get with the program before he completely destroys whats left of Russia.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

No we dont know what happened in Odessa. We know what pro russians push however they cant support the claims with facts.

There was no ethnic cleansing in Georgia. Like Hitler it was a lie to justify invasion.

The maiden snipers are most likely hiding with yanukovych in russia.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It's funny how you consider Putin to be the good guy. Yes what happened in Odessa is tragic. But let's not forget that Putin killed 307 of his own citizens and injured 1700 more so he could come to power and justify the barbaric acts Russia would commit in the Second Chechen War.

Tell me. We're already seeing persecution against Tatars in Crimea. If that steps up to Russia trying to justify an ethnic cleansing would you support Turkey moving in and securing the peninsula?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

so is mexico. doesn't mean Russia can just come in and take it. if they tried id support america in whatever action they chose to take.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I don't recall too many people saying that Russia wasn't in Ukraine here on ats.

Pretty much every thread about Ukraine has multiple members denying Russia was in Ukraine...try again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join