It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Putin Q&A - Admits Russians participating in E. Ukraine in military capacity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Looks like we were right the entire time and that Putin once again lied to the world about Russians being involved in military affairs in E. Ukraine. The title is from the important Ukraine section although he discussed a lot of other areas.

The Latest: Putin says he wants quick settlement in Ukraine

1:20 p.m.

President Vladimir Putin says Russia wants a quick settlement of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.

Putin, speaking Thursday at a televised news conference, said that "we are interested in seeing the conflict settled as quickly as possible."

He urged the Ukrainian government to swiftly approve legislation on holding local elections in Ukraine, but he says the Ukrainian authorities were dragging their feet on the issue.

Put says Russia wants the conflict settled and is ready to use its influence with the rebels in eastern Ukraine to reach a compromise.

___

1:10 p.m.

President Vladimir Putin says that Russia will discuss a possible exchange of prisoners with Ukraine.

Speaking Thursday at a televised news conference, Putin said Russia has had no regular troops in eastern Ukraine. At the same time, he adds that there have been people "performing some military tasks."

Asked if Moscow is ready to exchange the two men Ukraine says were Russian soldiers for Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko and other prisoners, Putin said any exchange must be equal and details could be discussed with the Ukrainian authorities.

Click link for remainder of article...

He also admits they have sway over the pro russian forces in E. Ukraine while all of a sudden wanting the conflict to be resolved as quickly as possible. My guess that stems from the fact the EU is going to extend sanctions for another 6 months.

Thoughts? I told ya so's?
edit on 17-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Do we have to go trough this every single month?

You never learn, do "ya"?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes you most certainly told us "So" time and time again.

Do you now feel vindicated?

It truly is remarkable how you can only view Russia as the issue when it came to everything that happened within Ukraine.

How you are able to avoid the west's tactics of funding violent "rebels" to overthrow a sovereign government and then proceed to wage war upon their civilians is beyond me.... wait a second why do I feel like this is happening somewhere else??

Good for Russia for doing what they could for the civilians of E. Ukraine without causing a World War and you act like a child, thinking you deserve some kind of recognition for "telling us so" All you told us was that when the thugs hired by the west began murdering these civilians Russia offered them help, I am sure a fair amount of Russian/E. Ukrainians are family and regardless of Putin they were helping anyways.

You really need to lay off of the Koolaid put out by the puppet masters!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Do we have to go trough this every single month?

You never learn, do "ya"?

When you guys deny it happens when it is in fact occurring - yes.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Take your anger up with Putin - hes the one who has been lying, just like he did when he invaded Ukraine and occupied Crimea.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

No offense, but you are entirely too obsessed with Russia and its dealings. We all knew they were there in East Ukraine. You have no need to vindicate yourself against trolls. Doing so only shows bias, and while I can safely assume you do not live in Russia, I can safely assume you are also not aware of day to day life in Russia, nor the thoughts of the everyday Russian.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There. Putin admitted it, we knew all along anyway.

Now try and get America to do the same about ISIS
edit on 17-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
But he's saying that yes Russian troops are there but they are not sent by Russia on command.
Just Russian soldiers going there out of free will and so this is no news or shocking, this was known a long time.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oh.....my....God. Say it ain't so.

My...whole....world, just crumbled.

I am forever in your debt OP for sharing such an unbelievable truth. Great sleuthing, after countless threads you finally caught them Ruskies with their hand in the jar.

So........now what? Should we nuke them?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
But he's saying that yes Russian troops are there but they are not sent by Russia on command.
Just Russian soldiers going there out of free will and so this is no news or shocking, this was known a long time.

If you believe that, I have a nuke for sale if you're interested.

Best to read between the lines. To say otherwise is like saying that the U.S. Had no foreknowledge of the Turkish downing of a Russian bomber.

No, in that particular instance I will have to agree with the OP *looks up for a lightening bolt*

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Take your anger up with Putin - hes the one who has been lying, just like he did when he invaded Ukraine and occupied Crimea.

You have misunderstood my tone apparently.

Your perspective does not cause me anger, it is really nothing special. Simply put, it is pretty standard brainwashing for Americans who cling to the belief that our foreign policy is helping bring democracy to those poor people suffering under "dictators" ironically enough they always seem to have resources and or strategic benefit for NATO.

Another way of describing it is willful ignorance, for whatever reason. Perhaps you were raised during the cold war and still have nightmares of mother Russia destroying your "freedom" those scary commies!

The true enemy of America lies within Congress, Senate, Oval office, Supreme Court,"too big to fail banks", multinational corporations of all kinds.

These people overthrew the democratically elected government of Ukraine for working with its neighbor and waged war upon the Ukrainians who did not agree.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Putin really shot himself in the foot with the situation in E. Ukraine. If he was expecting half of country to break off to become "Novorossiya", the joke is now on him as not only did that NOT happen but now he is left with a highly populated area with no self-sustaining economy to support itself. Now with the overall poor economic situation in Russia, Putin not only has to support the "separatists" with military and financial support, but he has to do so while supporting Crimea and a second war in Syria. All this while having a GDP the size of California (and in some years even lower than that).

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Looks like we were right the entire time and that Putin once again lied to the world about Russians being involved in military affairs in E.

More like, Now you claim you were right, 'all along'. How did you expect him to react to western meddling In Ukraine? Thats mostly ethnic Russians living in Donetsk being ethnically cleansed by EU and US (NATO) backed thugs in Kiev.

If Russians subverted NATO countries and started shelling Europeans in the EU you'd be crying for revenge.
edit on 17-12-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

How you are able to avoid the west's tactics of funding violent "rebels" to overthrow a sovereign government and then proceed to wage war upon their civilians is beyond me.... wait a second why do I feel like this is happening somewhere else??

What government was overthrown? There was ONE repeat ONE president who ran away to his friends in Russia when the protests got too much for him having tried to backtrack on an agreement with the EU that he was scheduled to sign. The rest of the "government" remained the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wow all this anger towards me when its putin you should be upset with. I only posted information to silence the pro russian supporters who kept demanding evidence that russia was involved in E. Ukraine. You guys did the same when he lied and then finally admitted russian troops were occupying Crimea.

Stop attacking me because you bought putins lie hook line and sinker.

As for the comment about putin obsession. I think you want me to stop pointing out his lies as it makes some people look like mindless automatons who get duped by his words time after time after time..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, it's you. I like your posts. I like your intelligence and intellect. I like your style. I HATE the fact that all you post about anymore is Russia.

If you look into my post history you will see I actually posted video proof of this VIA Simon Ostrovsky's coverage of the crisis on Vice news. There is no better coverage of it than what he did.

We know it, we've always known it. You are just pulling a nyah nyah told you so when we already knew.

THAT is the issue.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It goes with my education and interests and the same argument can be applied to some of the pro russians in this thread and their post history and their obsession with attacking the US and NATO.

People can ignore the thread instead of coming in and derailing it with personal issues while not having anything on topic to contribute...

I dont think "thats" the issue. I think people who defend putin once again had another charlie brown moment...

I believe the phrase "Oh good grief"is applicable to them. Maybe next time putin wont pull the football away before the pro russians try to kick it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Vector99

It goes with my education and interests and the same argument can be applied to some of the pro russians in this thread and their post history and their obsession with attacking the US and NATO.

People can ignore the thread instead of coming in and derailing it with personal issues while not having anything on topic to contribute...

The pro-russians seem to have a new ID each week, you don't. You are vindicating yourself against trolls.

Also I contributed by telling you where to find the know-all documentary on the Ukraine crisis. I know very well how bad Russia is on that aspect.

Lets put it this way, can you tell a kid candy isn't good? That is what you are doing with these trolls and it's beating you up because they aren't listening. They don't wanna listen X, they just don't and won't.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I don't recall too many people saying that Russia wasn't in Ukraine here on ats. I've seen people justifying why but not too many denying it. This thread does not match the level of intellect that you possess. That is not meant as an insult, we don't see eye to eye on most subjects but you are intelligent. To see you posting a nah-nah-na-na-nah thread and the constant Russia/Putin threads looks like the boy on the playground pulling on the hair of the girl he likes.

edit on 17-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Exactly, please don't take it as an insult X, we just know you better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join