It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian College Places Professor Who Wore Headscarf on Leave. (Terrorists Are Winning?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Eh... I have a real difficult time seeing the distinction. Some Christians would say his parables about wealth, greed, and judgmental people are very foundational to his message while Christians who oppose his thoughts on it just shove it aside as "politics" yet those same Christians will claim that pushing socially conservative legislation is not political but a spiritual imperative.

Both Mike Huckabee and John Kasich think that the role of government entitlements is to get the government to do God's work.

I think you'd be hard pressed to disagree with them or would you oppose an entitlement program they proposed because they justified it using God and faith as their reasoning? Barack Obama himself pushes his progressive agenda with faith and God when it suits him. Do you likewise oppose him when he makes those claims?

So, unless you are willing to oppose any piece of legislation that someone supports using God and faith as their justification, then this line of reasoning is marching down a difficult path for you.

I stand by my statement. Jesus is a personal spiritual figure, not a political one. He should not be used as a political one, and it annoys me to see politicians blatantly appeal to faith, but that's neither here nor there as it's not topical to this thread.

I think this really explains best what's going on with this professor and the university.

She believes she's fighting society's failings.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A star for that. Well said and I agree with much of what you wrote. The video is way off and goes against what you are saying, though, ignoring what is clearly done on both sides.

I think you are outgrowing your influences and are smarter than those you side with. Thanks for the back-n-forth; I think it helped us both.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

No, the video has one key part that fits. The professor feels that wearing the hijab is a demonstration of how to help fix the failings of society. She essentially is looking at things as a societal problem - Islamophobia. She cites showing solidarity and unity as well the popular Chrislam sentiment that has been going around.

Sometimes, I wonder if C.S. Lewis wasn't a bit of a psychic in his own right. Chrislam - Tashlan. Or perhaps the person who coined the term was versed in his Narnia.

Check out The Last Battle someday.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think what she got placed on leave for was stating that Christians and Muslims worship the same God which is the truth but this is a private, religious college (right?). If it violated the school's policy then it did and they don't have to justify it any further even though I strongly disagree that their chosen action is wrong. I admire the woman for what she did. They do worship the same God, treating Muslim faith as if it's abhorrent is wrong.

Except they don't, so saying they do is simply wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh my god, the pc culture is killing america, oups its a christian school, good job who needs a teacher like that.

Except your bias is so strong you don't realize the TEACHER was part of the PC culture, and the school removed the cancer.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But they do.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So that's a no then?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join