It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had enough of this PC culture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It's PC to to be anti-PC wait... maybe that should go it's anti-PC to be PC. Oh dear. Obviuously the only thing to do now is to stop expressing opinions.

You're wrong to be offended by _____.
You're wrong to be offended by other people being offended about _____.

Yeah, all forms of expressing opinions should just stop.

Oh no! I was just gender diverse wasn't I?
Who do I beg for forgiveness?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Let me just say first that death threats are WRONG, no matter what.

That aside, I can totally see why someone would be offended at this photo. I sort of get the duct tape over the mouth, but why the binding of the wrists? What is that supposed to say? I might have been okay with only the woman bound and gagged, but the little girls bound and gagged went over the line for me.

I think everyone has their personal line drawn at what they don't find funny anymore. If a Muslim guy and his white non-Muslim friend decided to post a picture where the Muslim dressed up like he was a terrorist and through some photo shopping, looked like he was holding the decapitated head of the white guy, would people think it was funny? Probably only the friends of the Muslim who knew he was totally not really like that. Others would probably be outraged.

What if a couple of gay atheists posted a Christmas photo of one of them dressed like Jesus fondling and kissing the other gay guy with the quote "Love your neighbor"? Would some find that offensive and just not funny? Sure.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. If you're gonna post something for everyone to see, be prepared for not everyone to like it. But, yeah, death threats are too much.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I would find it in poor taste. I would not try to make their life hard and force them to take it down. Free speech is not free when we place limits on it.

The correct response is to simply not hire them if you do not like the work they stand for.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 Free speech can only be violated by a government. Me saying that something you said was offensive is not a violation of your free speech, me commenting on that photographers post of that image that it is offensive and no one should hire that person is not a violation of free speech, the OP saying that he/she is offended by people giving negative feedback on the photo is not a violation of free speech. It is people using their free speech. A free speech violation is being persecuted by law for using any speech.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The same thing was that was funny about a couple of other Christmas card fails that I saw on MSN yesterday. Both had the kids tied up with duct tape and the parents smiling with egg nog. One had the kids tied up with Christmas lights and the other didn't.

I myself have a t-shirt that say "Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver." Guess what? It gets plenty of chuckles.

This is card is the same play on that old joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No one forced anyone to do anything. The photographer got her feelings hurt because of the negative feedback, so she pulled the photo.

I repeat, if you are going to post stuff on social network (especially something considered controversial), be prepared for some negative comments. Grow a thicker skin, or don't post it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If PC culture only existed on the internet!
No, it's stronghold is academia and the media is their hitmen.
Cross their lines and you're out of school whether you're just a student or even the Dean.
We all remember what happened to the Mizzou president?
He didn't have to do anything at all to get his job stripped from him.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well, if we are going to go there, it's not PC to be a Syrian refugee either, even if you haven't harmed a hair on anyone's head...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

people underestimate the power of social media. i have no social media accounts at all. Facebook, Twitter, etc. I find it the most stupid thing ever invented and knowing they own your photos out right is also a huge concern...want to see you kid on a bottle of shampoo? you dont have a choice they own your photos!

. And why do people put there kids on-line for everyone to see? do people not want to protect there identity?

if you going to post something on social media expect the good with the bad. Every single person has there own opinion. opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has got one and they normally stink. with over 6 billion people on the planet, thats a lot of stink.

stay away of social media = problem solved

we got on just fine without it before it was invented!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well, if we are going to go there, it's not PC to be a Syrian refugee either, even if you haven't harmed a hair on anyone's head...

Except you miss the point of that entirely. It's not the true refugees. It's the knowledge that they provide an excellent cover for others who claim to be refugees and have no qualms about lying to advance their aims.

Given that Malik herself passed no less than three background checks from our own government ... I'd say people are right not to trust any vetting process our government claims is watertight.

So the real issue is a lack of trust in our own government more than any issue with a real Syrian refugee.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no way to have caught someone like her, when she hadn't done or said anything publicly to have caught it. Same thing with trying to catch a person from buying a gun and shooting up a bunch of people when he passed the background check. Are you all for stricter background checks to try and catch the bad guys, even if it means some innocent gun owners might suffer?

But that's a topic for another thread. My point is, it isn't popular (PC) to be a Muslim right now.
edit on 17-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Stop using Twitter and Facebook. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So far this thread is a perfect example of PC bulls***

An innocent photo is being equated with a 5 year old having access to a firearm. And Syrian refugees. And bla bla bla bla bla.

There's bigger things to worry about.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Then don't participate. EASY!

And I've had enough of people whining about this so-called "PC culture".

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's funny how propaganda works.

Has anyone noticed how the Right Wing media began ramping-up the use of the term "PC" not too long ago and now we hear it parroted ad nauseum by the people? Even in the last debate we can witness the candidates mention it over and over. It's trickle-down propaganda.

"PC" is the current buzzword being pushed by the Right Wing and it has given them the idea that it's ok to be an asshole because they can just pull-out the "PC" card.

Why people can't see this is beyond me.
edit on 17-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Because if you have something to say.. Leave!

Right?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

No. If you have something to say, SAY IT! If people have something to say about what you said, then they should SAY IT.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: rockintitz

No. If you have something to say, SAY IT! If people have something to say about what you said, then they should SAY IT.

Let me just add that we have to be adult enough to be able to handle it if someone says something we don't like.

Disagreeing with someone is not grounds for stomping our feet and crying about "PC.
edit on 17-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Then don't participate. EASY!

And I've had enough of people whining about this so-called "PC culture".

I know, it's crazy isn't it? I'm intolerant of your intolerance, but you should be tolerant of my intolerance. Phew, that wore me out.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You've had enough of the "PC culture"?

So, you want people to think and act like you do?

Wait, isn't that ... what you're complaining about?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join