It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had enough of this PC culture!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Good morning people (or whatever is time zone appropriate)
I guess this is half social issue and half rant, so double whammy!
So yesterday i saw this picture on my twitter feed that frankly made me laugh:

In my view it's harmless, funny picture, nothing more.
And of course what do i find out now? (8:42 am)?
that the picture was taken down from facebook and the (female) photographer is obviously being accused of perpetuating violence against women and receiving death threats, because nothing says you are against violence like...threatening to hurt someone.
here is a video from the young turks

Here is a link that tells the story behind the photo as well as a few screens of different facebook posts
story

I am officially fed up with PC culture, in this case i know it's this stupid fringe of third wave feminism that is causing all the fuss but it kinda falls under the same banner.
So now we basically cannot poke fun at anything, or anyone, unless it's a white heterosexual male of course.
Just about every TV show and every other commercial depicts men as being loud stupid and irresponsible.
You look at any most popular sit coms and the guy is always a man child that just couldn't manage to do anything without a woman near by to keep him in check.
It is absolutely fine to portray men as stupid or weak by default, but the moment you make a joke around the stereotype that women talk too much, well now you are just a horrible person that promotes oppression, violence or whatever.
What are your thoughts people? is there a way back to sanity? or should we just accept our faith, and that comedy will be reduced to some bland generic an inoffensive routine?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Knew this was coming soon.

What was funny about the picture? I don't think the photographer needed to get death threats and that is out of line but to me I totally see why some one would take issue with the picture.

Because when you broadcast it to thousands of people, their opinion might be different then yours and news flash they might let you know about it.

And please there is plenty of strong male characters out there. What are some of the shows that prove your point there?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

She has a business facebook page. People didn't like the picture, she took it down. She wasn't forced to take it down.

I just looked at the FB page and the page itself is fine.

You are whining about one photo on 1 facebook page that others complained about. That is probably enough about the 1 photo.

edit on 17-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am offended by the green tape. It implies that green Martians are misogynistic. Mars needs women.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Oh no...Mars Needs Moms...I'm not sure what the plot was, but by the title it seemed pretty...horrible.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Average people are stupid, average people have always been stupid, average people will always be stupid.

These social justice warriors/white knights really have no concept of critical thinking and love to take things to extremes in order to fight for a cause they have little idea about. I say bring back dueling and jousting then we can really see how many of these idiots really value their moral stances when they're fighting to the death to defend "honour"

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You've had enough of PC culture yet decided to add another thread to the long list of threads on PC . It's one of the most boring topics on ATS, with a simple solution. Don't participate in PC culture. I don't . I abide by terms and conditions and the laws of my land, but that's it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Welcome to the "information age"! Where anything and everything posted online can be used against you in the weirdest and horrible ways, but crazy people. Now, I wish people wouldn't get upset about things so easily. I support women rights, disagree with conservative positions on gender, etc, and so forth. But I feel people online make whatever issue their against makes whatever they support look silly as a result.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I'm just personally totally offended that anyone dares to find me offensive!!!

Its anti-PC and an absolute travesty.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I agree with you, OP.

I fully get that some words or images or gestures can hurt others. Sure. All reasonable humans can grasp that.

But that can be corrected in the sandbox or the playground. Pop cultural coercion just isn't the way to achieve a better society.

And it's amazing that the cult-like followers of PC-ism can't seem to understand that it is basically just a churched-up form of censorship and control. It is really book-burning, it's medieval and backward.

And it needs to go.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

As far as I'm concerned the PC culture lives somewhere on the Internet, probably Facebook, so if you're so fed up then stay off the internet. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

HAHAHAH thought the pic was funny

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You have to wonder if people would be offended if the father and son's mouth was taped and the mother holding the sign. I don't know if its the younger generation of today, but there are a lot people today who are thin skinned. Too many people take things way too serious and make mountains out of mole hills.

If this was a comedy skit, everyone would be laughing. People need to lighten-up and get a life. There's a lot more dire things to be concerned about than a photo of a father poking fun about his wife and daughter's talking too much.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
You've had enough of PC culture yet decided to add another thread to the long list of threads on PC . It's one of the most boring topics on ATS, with a simple solution. Don't participate in PC culture. I don't . I abide by terms and conditions and the laws of my land, but that's it.

The problem is when PC culture targets you, you don't get that choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 you can not play the victim, there's your choice

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04 you can not play the victim, there's your choice

Who said anything about play? When they ruin your life and get you fired from your job, send you death threats ... there is no play involved.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 I've never been targeted by PC culture. If you follow the terms and conditions of online platforms and the laws of your land then you can't be targeted by PC culture to the extent you lose your job.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Anyone who sends a death threat is certainly breaking the law and I imagine is not permitted on most social media platforms. Why do some people create straw men arguments then make mountains out of mole hills on ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That's not how it works with PC culture.
The photographer in this case wasn't breaking any laws or rules. The PC crowd think they are on a moral high ground where laws and rules don't apply. It's moral hysteria. Puritan mentality.. looking for a witch to burn.
edit on 17/12/2015 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04 I've never been targeted by PC culture. If you follow the terms and conditions of online platforms and the laws of your land then you can't be targeted by PC culture to the extent you lose your job.

I have no time to go searching, but I know for a fact there are SJW who will target people who broke no laws and simply had a different belief system.

I remember one recently where it backfired on the SJW.

So you should not make these claims, they are false.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Anyone who sends a death threat is certainly breaking the law and I imagine is not permitted on most social media platforms. Why do some people create straw men arguments then make mountains out of mole hills on ATS.

And you once again show you have no clue. You are saying how it SHOULD work. That is not how it actually works. The photographer in the OP was receiving death threats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join