It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Vendetta With Gun Makers: Smith & Wesson Shares Plunge After Call For SEC Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

i guess obama broke out his "pen and phone".
maybe he did figure a way to use them.

edit on 17-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: rockintitz

Ms. James is opening a new avenue in her fight against gun sellers and makers. Earlier this month, she called on TD Bank, a big lender, to stop financing Smith & Wesson. This summer, she convinced the New York City Employee Retirement System, the city’s largest pension fund, to explore divesting itself of its holdings of gun retailers like Walmart and Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Why??

What laws have S&W broken?

The laws that King Odumbo pulled out of his ass with a pen and a phone...

Which laws are those?

Can you specify which laws he put in place that apply to this case?

There AREN'T ANY! That is the point!

This harassment of S& W is entirely arbitrary like Kings used to do - Obama does not abide by any laws he does not like

Google Magna Carta

edit on 17-12-2015 by M5xaz because: Corrrection

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
www.cnn.com...

There is another Obama special for you...screw Congress...let's just executive order some laws because Obama knows best! It's even worse that it's been "go find me ANYTHING I can use to do whatever I want." I don't remember any time where the President has done so much outside, around, and straight through any checks and balances that are supposed to be in place.

Correct.
Obama operates like a king or a dictator

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Obama's Vendetta With Gun Makers: Smith & Wesson Shares Plunge After Call For SEC Investigation - Just a new tack on the war on freedom for Americians.

Instead of focusing on controlling the millions of buyers focus on the manufactures and run em outa town. Cant knock their out of the box thinking

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The same tactic was tried in the wake of Sandy Hook. The left was pushing their agenda hard, telling people who had money in gun makers that with the new regulations that were sure to come, they'd be losing money left and right.

Except it didn't happen.

So now a new angle of attack is needed. Claiming that companies aren't telling their shareholders how many of their guns are used in crime is, to my knowledge, making a claim that they aren't doing something they aren't even required to do anyway. I don't think Toyota is required to keep track of how many people die in one of their vehicles. But it's different, I suppose, because guns.

Both now and in 2013 there was a push to make it sound particularly evil to own stock in a gun maker. Financially wise, sure. And of course for every gun used in crime there's hundreds, probably thousands, that aren't. But if they can manage to stoke that fear and make people feel bad enough well maybe we can make guns disappear right?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Smith and Wesson are a strong company with a LONG history of survival in tough markets, and regulation changes. They are strong enough and have enough Lobbyists to survive this attack. Smaller and newer companies may not fare as well if this tactic becomes the new thing in gun control. Simply because of the way the SEC conducts it's investigations. On day one they freeze all accounts, transactions, and stop any new business for the duration of the investigation. They will stay frozen for the duration of the process. Employees still have to feed their families, I'm sure you all can see how bad this could be for a business. I'm not sure of the average duration, but 90 days is what the industry is told as far as how long this could take. Not many companies could survive the loss of production for any length of time yet alone 3 months of it.

Dirty pool. A charge back law should be put in place to protect businesses from this type of political harassment. Which is what the article makes this sound like. By all means if they are cooking the books... Get'Em!!! However in this situation I don't feel that is the case. We can't know for sure but with sales ashigh as they have been, I find it hard to believe Smith and Wesson would have the need to make themselves look profitable to investors.
edit on 17-12-2015 by wastedown because: Grammar Nazi evasion.

edit on 17-12-2015 by wastedown because: Grammar Nazi evasion.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Who cares about shareholders and stocks dropping.

If they drop, don't sell, they're making record money as we speak so this isn't the time to sell shares anyways.

Buy low, sell high mate.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
www.cnn.com...

There is another Obama special for you...screw Congress...let's just executive order some laws because Obama knows best! It's even worse that it's been "go find me ANYTHING I can use to do whatever I want." I don't remember any time where the President has done so much outside, around, and straight through any checks and balances that are supposed to be in place.

LINCOLN steamrolled the constitution in the civil war.

Anyway this is just another way to get guns taken away from people. If you eliminate the manufacturers you effectively destroy the ability to own Guns. How better to do that then getting th e stockholders to sell off their shares? And this whole thing about being held responsible for things outside their control is really shady.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

As usual,when their constitutional challenges to the bill of rights are refuted, opponents of self defense resort to any and all mechanisms of circumvention including economic assault and intimidation.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If share prices plunge due to an impending audit...well, that kinda tells the story right there, doesn't it? Like the ban on gun violence research as a public health issue. Nothin to see here, folks...move along, move along.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So what does it prove again? It was stated by another poster that a investigation could take up to ninety days, so a sell off should not be surprising. The small share holders may sell off on their own , I actually wonder how many sell offs were done because a financial advisor recommended it. Rather dirty pool being done here in my view.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think that if an individual can go to prison for manipulating the stock market like the hunt brothers did with silver a few decades ago then activist's who do so or government officials that do so should go to prison too.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
So what does it prove again?

Pretty simple. It tells me that the gun lobby is seriously uncomfortable with scrutiny of any kind. I'd be interested why.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If the US government could halt all firearm and ammunition production and confiscate every firearm it can find, what makes these gun control idiots think or believe that the government won't enslave them? When they come to take your house and land and valuables, you think standing up to them and saying "I was for gun control" will stop them or even slow them down just a little?

I don't...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: hangedman13
So what does it prove again?

Pretty simple. It tells me that the gun lobby is seriously uncomfortable with scrutiny of any kind. I'd be interested why.

Or it proves that people hear "audit" and jump ship. I think drawing a conclusion before anything has happened is the sign of an uneducated investor and that's about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How much of this can be attributed to the Obama admin, or to the shareholders?

ALL of it is on the administration.

IT's not the first time.

Bank of America and other financial institution have been doing the same.

Gun retailers say the Obama administration is trying to put them out of business with regulations and investigations that bypass Congress and choke off their lines of credit, freeze their assets and prohibit online sales.

High risk’ label from feds puts gun sellers in banks’ crosshairs, hurts business

For seven years Theodore Roosevelt Liberti — known to his friends as “T.R.” — ran a retail gun shop in New Jersey and then moved it to Florida. T.R.’s bank had always been BankUnited (BU), which handled his accounts and cleared his customers' credit card purchases. But when he decided to open an online store called Discount Ammo-N-Guns, BankUnited closed his accounts on March 12 “pursuant to the terms and conditions listed in our Depositor’s Agreement.”

Obama Administration Choking Off Bank Lending to Gun Dealers

edit on 17-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's called Operation Choke point:

Operation Choke Point is an initiative of the United States Department of Justice that was announced in 2013,[1] which is investigating banks in the United States and the business they do with payment processors, payday lenders, and other companies believed to be at higher risk for fraud and money laundering.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Obama is building the Islamo forces inside the USA as fast as possible
he is sending real refugees back to the Middle East to be slaughtered by his ISIS henchmen.
This is the most brutal dictatorship the USA has ever voted into office, and it is about to get exponentially worse
Make sure you have some means of self defense, anything is better than nothing.
Meanwhile it looks as if the FBI and possibly some of the other alphabet soup boys are waking up to the real problem here; that's a good thingwww.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
Obama is building the Islamo forces inside the USA as fast as possible
he is sending real refugees back to the Middle East to be slaughtered by his ISIS henchmen.
This is the most brutal dictatorship the USA has ever voted into office, and it is about to get exponentially worse
Make sure you have some means of self defense, anything is better than nothing.
Meanwhile it looks as if the FBI and possibly some of the other alphabet soup boys are waking up to the real problem here; that's a good thingwww.usatoday.com...

Anything to indicate your post is not simply rectally sourced? All I see is another freak-out against Blackie McMuslim.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuckAccording to Comey, the FBI had nearly 1,000 active investigations into Islamic State-inspired individuals in America.
Despite what President Obama would like us to think, the ISIS terrorists pose a grave threat to our way of life.
We all need to remain vigilant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join