It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: The Religion of War,Genocide and discrimination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

that just shows how little you know or that your faith is so strong your blinded by it

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

For a change?? This is some type of change here??

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

nice post, thanks for your positivity InnerPeace2012

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I'm NOT trying to derail your thread here. But honestly, you could have replaced "Islam" with other religions and could find excerpts/examples that illustrate this point for those religions as well

That whackjob at Planned Parenthood recently, Timothy McVey, the list goes on

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I think you miss the point. Similarity isn't the issue. Actually, with all things being similar, why aren't there more religious groups going around killing children, women, and pretty much everyone who doesn't agree with them? Answer that, straw man.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: gladtobehere

I think you miss the point. Similarity isn't the issue. Actually, with all things being similar, why aren't there more religious groups going around killing children, women, and pretty much everyone who doesn't agree with them? Answer that, straw man.

If you do a little research you will find that other religious groups are going around killing people that don't agree with them. In Africa Christians are going on a killing spree but the MSM who pushes the Islam is bad agenda never mentions that.
World Ignores Genocide In Central African Republic Because It’s Not ISIS & There’s No Oil

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Members of Séléka are Muslims. Their atrocities were monumental. Now there is a revenge backlash and the people who were being victimized are going on a revenge offensive on their Muslim attackers. It isn't religion, it is revenge.

It is not right but it is not some Religious war where the poor persecuted muslims are being targeted for no reason. Quite the contrary, the southerners are reciprocating what was done to them.

As mentioned, it isn't right or justified but you keep posting this drivel as though some evil Christian force is at work in the world preying on innocent muslims for Religious purposes or some crusade and that is not the truth.

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk... s-Christian-population.html

tonyblairfaithfoundation.org...

Fighters joined the Antibalaka not because of their faith but for revenge.

Following the March 2013 coup, Séléka fightersspread across the country. A Séléka commander, Michel Djotodia, was installed as the new president, but the government in the capital, Bangui, quickly lost control of Séléka fighters. They attacked villages, sometimes murdering entire families, burned crops and looted vehicles. "Just think the four horsemen of the apocalypse," Peter Bouckaert, the emergencies director of Human Rights Watch said, "and you'll have the picture. People really hated [the Séléka]. That's what got the Antibalaka going."

The Antibalaka began fighting in earnest in September 2013. Their numbers augmented over the summer by former members of the national army, which had been disbanded in the aftermath of the March coup. Former soldiers trained the vigilante-style community fighters and coordinated their movements. The experience and authority of the former soldiers was instrumental in the militias' growing momentum, and they took over Bangui on 5 December 2013.

The membership of the Antibalaka, reflecting the demography of the southwest CAR, is mostly Christian. However, most fighters joined the Antibalaka not because of their faith but for revenge, or because there was no other avenue for survival. Even so, in the fighting, the Antibalaka militias turned against not only Séléka fighters, but also Muslims living in the capital and south and west regions of the CAR with whom they had lived side-by-side for generations.

The Antibalaka militants justified their atrocities with reference to the violence many faced from the Séléka following the March 2013 coup. When the Antibalaka succeeded in removing the Séléka and President Djotodia from Bangui, many expected a heroes' welcome, compensation, and possibly integration into a reformed national army.

edit on 17-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent
About 4,000 years ago, Anu's forces attacked in full force. Enki took the few gods and humans he could with him and fled to Orion. The rest of the gods were captured and became known as the demons in the Solomon's Key/Goetia. The human initiates were hunted and slaughtered. Enki knew that battle could not be won. He was out numbered and made a tactical retreat until he could rebuild his forces. This is how I understand it. I know many will disagree, but I hope this explanation will help some who ask such questions.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

True, however I did mention in the OP that all three abrahamic religious deities are terrible.

Again I'm not stating that all Muslims are terrorists, so I don't see how bringing up other religious extremists proves anything other than that yes extremism exist in all forms.

a reply to: reldra

Why should Islam be exempt from any criticism? Are you going to dispute what I've stated...?
edit on 17-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
a reply to: visitedbythem

my point with enki is that supposedly loved the people however enlil does not, if enki did care why has he aloud it to happen like it has and been demonized as satan while enlil who hated people became one of their gods?

Ther is no enki elil or any other. This is all folklore you are quoting.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent Not so.
I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have commited unto him against that day. I know! Im not guessing. Believing others stories or tales. I know Your creator and mine.
Who do you know? what do you know? Fables and wivestales?

edit on 18-12-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reply to Nate. If you want a bloodthirsty religion, look no further than Christianity. You might want to talk to some American Indians about this.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: deerislander
Reply to Nate. If you want a bloodthirsty religion, look no further than Christianity. You might want to talk to some American Indians about this.

Yeah, but one of the differences is that pretty much all MODERN Christians understand that it WAS wrong, and terrible.

I realize that some of you, the "Radical Muslim Apologist" sect, are NEVER going to concede the differences, but modern-day Islam just doesn't compare directly to modern-day Christianity as far as lunacy and barbarism are concerned.

Come on, nobody lies awake at night worrying about the next Baptist Terrorism Attack. (Or BTA, as I like to call it).

Maybe I missed the news stories about about all the Methodist hijackers that flew a bunch of airliners into buildings yelling "Praise the Lord!"

I think a lot of you are deceiving yourself. These Muslim extremist Jihadists just don't have a good grasp on what constitutes a civil society.

Islam is just different than other religions. I hear the argument that Palestinian extremism is justified because of how they've been treated, and any other religion would generate extremism in the same situation. I don't buy it. Look at how Tibetan Buddhists have been treated. Where are all the Buddhist monks blowing themselves up on Chinese busses?

And the way women are treated? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? How can ANY real feminist not go stark raving mad about the way Muslim women are treated?

Islam is just different. Islam is NOT a religion of peace. In NO other religion is violence and extremism INSTITUTIONALIZED to the point that it is in Islam.

Also, I don't really have a dog in this fight as far as religion is concerned. I think that if God did exist, he'd be pretty pissed off and disgusted with the whole shooting match, and it would be just about time for another flood.

One other thing, and I mean this honestly, sincerely, and with the utmost humility:
If self preservation is an instinct that Muslims (as a people) posess, and you, as a Muslim DO believe that Islam is a religion of peace, it would be a good idea to find a way, any way, to control these extremist nutjobs, because the longer that this terrorism continues, the more likely it is that the rest of the world is going to REALLY go to war against Islam and take care of the problem themselves. There are already a LOT of people that feel that way already, and every time something like San Bernardino happens, more and more people move to that side of the aisle. I don't think the rest of the world is going to let it continue for very much longer.

I just think if that happened, and it could have been avoided, it would be a tragedy.

I think I can tell you with great certainty that whether or not Muslims posses the instinct of self-preservation, the rest of the world DOES.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join