It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri - Connected to Cells and Propane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
By now, most of you have read about the missing propane tanks and "suspicious" cell phone purchased in Missouri as well as the explosives stash found in the woods.

In a new story today, there is a confirmed situation where several "middle eastern men" were reported to the FBI. They were apparently asking questions about the Bagnell Dam located in Camden Club, MO. They wanted to know if it was possible to tour the dam, and they were interested in renting a boat to do so.

Though it doesn't appear to be a big deal, it's interesting to note the article says it was passed along to the FBI to check if it was related to "another case." That other case was not specified, but Lake Ozark, Mo. is 30-45 minutes away from Lebanon, Mo.which is where one of the cell phone purchases was made. It's likely that was the possible related case.

However, it doesn't say they think the cases are, in fact, related. I'm assuming it's just because of all these things in the same area is obviously worth checking out.
edit on 16-12-2015 by BarefootInWinter because: Spelling/grammar

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

None of these stories are, in fact, related according to the authorities. *wink, wink*

Nothing to see here ... move along.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't understand why the local sheriff's office would have released any information that they felt worthy to pass on to the FBI...

IF this turns out to be something credible, didn't the local LEO's just make it that much more difficult to contain the threat?

Baffles me, unless.. the Local LEO's felt strongly enough that this was nothing to worry about and just wanted to "get it" out there, that they were "on the ball" for the comfort of the community...

edit on Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:09:10 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I'd say it's likely that they want to show they are on the ball. I wouldn't think they would release anything if they thought it was a real threat, but nothing any of them do these days makes sense or surprises me.

Added bonus - Stoking the fear-fire never hurts.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
not related?
of course not I`m sure a lot of people take boat tours of dams in Missouri, in the middle of winter!
just scouting for a good fishing spot, no doubt.

Have no fear, Barney fife is on the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if local LEOs/Homeland Security/FBI (and some other alphabet agencies we don't know about) are "outing" this story for a twofold purpose.

1) look how PC we are! AG Loretta Lynch are ya paying attention?!? No Islamophobia here...

And

2) were onto the plot, and are watching you. NSA knows when you burp. The community (who would suffer from your actions) is well armed and now alerted.

We are watching an eleventy level chess game, IMO, with locals on the forefront having to fight the terrorists and factions of their own PC government.

Stay alert in the Heartland.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It's a big lake in a small, rural jurisdiction. Alerting the community (a subtle bolo) helps, IMO.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Been watching these developments for a few days now, but I hadn't heard about anyone wanting to tour their dam.

Thanks for the heads up, my mother lives in that area. Fortunately, she's way up high overlooking the lake.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Thanks for the heads up, my mother lives in that area. Fortunately, she's way up high overlooking the lake.

So ... your mother has the perfect location for the observation and control post when some hostiles mount the operation! OK, perhaps she can keep her eyes open and her guns at the ready.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

IF this turns out to be something credible, didn't the local LEO's just make it that much more difficult to contain the threat?

i would say just the opposite. if indeed they are planning to do something in the area, the more eyes watching the damn and surrounding area the better. you know local law enforcement, and FBI can't be everywhere, and these 3 incidents do involve known IED components.

i would say something is up.

quack, quack, know what i mean.

edit on 17-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Let's all pray someone will do the world a favor & flood this piece of sh#t state...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Word of latest look into current Syria mortors used as home made bombs delivering lng 5kg or 10 kg cylinder devices such as those stolen as projectiles in war torn areas, so what do u think they will be used as?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: yakidnme
Let's all pray someone will do the world a favor & flood this piece of sh#t state...

I live in "this piece of sh#t state".
Just what is your problem with Missouri?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Thanks for making this thread. Earlier I was wondering about this possible connection myself but I couldn't remember where all the other stories took place. I would also like to add, I found a discussion in another site talking about a middle eastern foreigner who was captured on deer cam wandering out in a forest in Fredericktown MO. Strange place to be.
www.facebook.com...

Then there's the explosives found in Mark Twain forest?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I live in KC near Lees Summit. (The location of the stolen propane tanks). A lot of KC area high schools got bomb threats this week. Like 5-6 I believe. Could be related, but could also be finals week. Either way, Missouri is still in the news.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There are other issues with propane bombs to be considered as one must release the propane from the containment and allow it to mix with the atmosphere before it can become truly explosive.

Making a bomb from a cel-phone and a propane container is more difficult than some realize.

This is all just terrorism fear mongering.

Quit it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yakidnme

Gee ... thanks for caring about us in the piece of sh#t state. We will be sure to remember your kind thoughts.
edit on 17-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonLightStars
I live in KC near Lees Summit. (The location of the stolen propane tanks). A lot of KC area high schools got bomb threats this week. Like 5-6 I believe. Could be related, but could also be finals week. Either way, Missouri is still in the news.

I think that might have been related more to the LA thing. Get one major school district to cancel and suddenly everyone wants to be the hero who got classes canceled for the day.

top topics

join