It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite car chases.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
OK, I did a search and couldn't find any previous thread but if i missed one, please move this.

I reckon Bullitt and The Italian Job (original) have great chases, but my vote goes to Ronin

Oh, and a honourable mention to the The Dukes of Hazzard TV series for sheer slapstick.

Sanc'.

edit:sp

[edit on 6-1-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The car chase in Matrix Reloaded.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

Thanks Th0r, i must get the dvd

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Beverley Hills Cop, when a truck loaded with cigarettes goes on a rampage, smashing up cars in detroit

The Dead Pool, when Dirty Harry and his partner get chased around san francisco by a kids remote control car with a bomb in it. Cute

Ronin, Never again will you park at traffic lights in france and feel safe! and beware all Audis!

Ronin, the second one is even better! who says women can't drive huh?

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Daystar]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bullit was always my very favorite movie car chase. it had almost everything going for it; the hills of san francisco, steve mcqueen, a 1968 Mustang, and a license to drive.....that is, until i saw the chase sequences in Ronin. With Bullit, you have to force your eyes open through a fairly dull, predictable film But with Ronin, all you can is strap yourself to the chair. the action is almost non stop and when things slow down, you are almost thankful for the breather. Ronin rules for the best care chase sequences in films ever. But the best part is that Ronin is a very good film. hey with robert dinero, how can you go wrong? Ronin rules.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Th0r]

Definately the best. Honorable mention to The Transporter.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
lol....the scene in only fools and horses when rodneys being chased by some punks in del's 3 weehled van.....its just hysterical!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
lol....the scene in only fools and horses when rodneys being chased by some punks in del's 3 weehled van.....its just hysterical!

Absolute class......................the look on Rodneys face will stay with me forever.

The best car chase I think has to be in Ronin

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

Had forgotten bout that episode which one is it again

P.S sorry folks cant stand car chases really.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How about ...
Bourne Supremacy
Duel
Ace Ventura
Gone in 60 seconds
Fast and the Furious

For More car chases
www.varaces.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My vote DEFINTITELY goes to RONIN!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
what about the french connection. i know it may be from the seventies(i think) but it lay down the path. its not like it even looks spectacular and high budget but it is a great chase! YES

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Gotta go with Ronin!!!

2nd place: Smokey and The Bandit.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Have to Agree that Ronin is the best (2nd would be from the French Film Taxi...)

Funny french police chase clip - A MUST WATCH!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Klepto, that WMV clip was hilarious

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ronin!

Also, did anyone mention the keystone kops? lol

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The best car chase scene has to be credited to To Live and Die in L.A. The actual chase goes on for like 20 minutes.

If you haven't seen it - it's a great dark film. Willem Dafoe is just brilliant in it.

Bleys

[edit on 4/21/05 by Bleys]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Favorite, has to be the Matrix Reloaded one....damn cool.

As a Bond fan though, a car chase ending in the car being a sub, then taking out the helicopter with a missile...well that's golden...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I gotta go with Bullitt. What made that car chase the best was the sound. There was no talking or yelling, just the sound of the motors from inside and outside the car. It really made you feel like you were in it with them. Less was definitely more with that car chase. Steve McQueen was cool as hell in that movie. Jacqeline Bissett didn't hurt it either.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The French Connection (Set the bench mark for which all followed)
The Blues Brothers
Ronin
The Bourne Supremecy (for the simple fact that is was actually really tense)

...and yes, the one in Matrix Reloaded is pretty impressive.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by John Nada]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join