It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and Hellfire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

MM,

Did you intentionally put the irony in your post? You gave up on Hermeticism because you felt the "new age"-y additions obscure true wisdom in fiction.... Yet you adopted Chaos magic which creates magic from any system, including fictional ones.

Have you met Pete Carroll? Interesting fella.... I met him many years ago and used to be a regular on his Arcanorum site. But as Chaos magic really isn't my thing, I haven't thought of Pete in quite some time.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

originally posted by: rtb1234
Franklin was also a member of The Hellfire Club and you should know about John Dee and the [B]Necronomicon[/B] as mentioned in this excerpt.

[COLOR="#0000ff"] "John Montagu, Lord Sandwich (the face in the halo) and George Selwyn, (a close friend of Horace Walpole who visited in 1763) were among the inner circle of twelve. One of the female members, Lady Betty Germaine, became a particular friend of Walpole's; through her Walpole acquired one of Dr. Dee's celebrated scrying stones, the Angelic Stone, now in the British Museum. Mary Wortley Montagu, Lord Sandwich's grandmother and a member of the earlier Hellfire Club, was also said to have been a member.

The cloud quote is not taking it all now. Here is the rest.

Satirized in the novel Chrysal, or the Story of a Guinea by Charles Johnstone, and referenced in Charles Churchill's The Candidate, these Medmenhamites were a probable influence on Matthew Lewis's The Monk.

Nope still not all. Oh well - the important thing is Ben Franklin worked with these people on his Book of Prayer used by Christians - just like the KJV is coded by Francis Bacon - code is memes and NLP.

Interesting thread OP.

I actually wrote a thread on influences of this kind regarding early computer development with the Homebrew Computer Club by author Steven Levy.

Steven Levy wrote for Wired magazine and has a great interest concerning John Dee and the language he developed or 'channelled.'

You may also want to read about the senior societies at American Ivy League schools as many of their traditions mirror closely the rituals of the old mystery schools which inspired TOGD and masonry.

-FBB

//edit
It is under 'Wizards of Technology'
//edit

I assume your reference to John Dee is in regards to the subset of GD that works with Enochian? Not everyone involved with GD goes into it. I have spent many years working with Enochian from an intellectual, spiritual, and ritual level. It is not for the mundane and should be respected.... Approached with the same conviction to purity and humility as Abramelin.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Of course... lol

As I said, whatever works -- but I *would* like to get some kind of translation of actual source material from as far back as possible. The Kybalion just isn't doing it for me, I feel a lot of personal "stuff" was added or dropped by the people who wrote it.

Lets see..what am I reading right now...(let me check real fast)...

Oh that's right, "Condensed Chaos" by Phil Hine...

Honestly, I've had better luck using the two cup method from the dimensional jumping folks than just about anything.

If following some arcane "system" works, its because you believe its going to work. It worked for the people who invented it because they believed the robes, candles, chants, whatever would work. It's the big, underlying themes of how things behind the scenes work that really matters...
edit on 19-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: CIAGypsy

If following some arcane "system" works, its because you believe its going to work.

This is true...but there are esoteric reasons behind WHY (and how) it's true.

The biggest problem I've seen is that the current generation has no patience. They want magic to work at the snap of the fingers. They don't understand that it is a skill and knowledge that is built over time. It is not a simple recipe book that someone throws together some words, sigils, candles, and whatever you want is going to materialize. It's true understanding the process that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Have you ever read Abramelin?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join