It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board feature: Poll/Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well a suggestion anyways. GLP has a little app on their board to do real time votes/polls and it would be a nice feature to have something like that here on ATS. I have seen what ATS does, tallying after so many pages of posts that contain a bunch of off-topic remarks, etc. ATS has a decent feel to it, but could use a real poll/vote mechanism. A form with radio/submit button would work just fine. Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yeah I think the David Icke forum has the same option for poll threads...

I bet we are missing out on some great discussions due to a lack of that feature too.

Can't see a downside to adding that feature.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

I've been asking for this for years...

thread always gets closed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
GLP ? I see this thread gone in 3 2 1..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think a lot of time and effort from owner, admins and mods already goes to keeping this site top quality whereas that site that should auto melt any servers it touches doesn't focus on quality at all and just let's fly. The result of course being garbage.

I'd rather have quality than shinies. ATS has it's own polls from time to time. If you want to know overall tone/judgement/agrreance with a thread, read the posts contained within it, count how many threads roughly covering a topic etc...

No offense to anyone who likes the idea, just my personal thoughts on it.
edit on 12/16/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Like this..?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Good idea! Not everyone who follows a thread replies but I think most people would participate in polls. It would give more information overall of what people are thinking, even people who do not have a reply/something to add to the conversation.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Like this..?

Yes, exactly right. SOmeone was posting political polls on ATS last night in a loose format which had many off-topics and manual tallies. If nothing else, a useful tool. Just have to figure out how SkepticOverlord did that example.

Appear to use [survey] tags in the post, but no idea how a survey is created
edit on 17-12-2015 by mapsurfer_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join