It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vetting Obama’s witless vetters at DHS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here's a good snap-shot of just what kind of people are officiating the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Of course we know the DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson himself (is) (was) as major $fund-bundler$ for Obama.

Seems the levels down from Johnson are a mixed bag of Obama supporters some with criminal ties.

For sure not many (if any) have any real experience with what the DHS is supposed to be doing.

Read the story and see if we can figure out why we may be witnessing a major failure before our eyes.

Looks more like a den of iniquity that could "lead" the U.S. right into another 9/11 catastrophe.

What's next for the Obama Out House?

Gaping holes in the K1 fiance visa interview process. Reckless bans on scrutinizing visa applicants’ social media posts. Ignored alarms over marriage fraud. New details keep seeping out about all the “red flags” Obama’s immigration officials missed in the case of the San Bernardino jihadists.

Color me unshocked.

The American public and Capitol Hill politicians should have been more vigilant about vetting Obama’s vetters in the first place. What do you expect when you put crony know-nothings, political hacks and identity politics zealots in charge of our safety?

Vetting Obama’s witless vetters at DHS

And people are "worried" about government spying?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Looks more like a den of iniquity that could "lead" the U.S. right into another 9/11 catastrophe.

It's sheer dumb luck we haven't.

And that luck is going to run out.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The problem as I see it is, that most of Obama's DHS and FEMA guys are the same ones that Bush had and will be the same ones Sanders/Trump gets. Therefore, we need to gut the whole thing, not just the very top people.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

So your claim is the people cited in the article are Bush leftovers?

I think they all came in under Obama.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yes...But has anything changed since Bush, as far as homeland Security goes? I think it's institutional incompetency. You've got to clear out all the Directors, managers, supervisors and team leads all the way down to the bottom. Or it will never change. It's like getting rid of Obama next year. Without getting rid of all the imbeciles in congress nothing will change.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is new? Has everyone forgotten Micheal D. Brown so soon?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The problem as I see it is, that most of Obama's DHS and FEMA guys are the same ones that Bush had and will be the same ones Sanders/Trump gets. Therefore, we need to gut the whole thing, not just the very top people.

n case you’d forgotten (or never paid attention), Obama campaign finance bundler Jeh Johnson snagged the top DHS post two years ago thanks to Harry Reid’s rigging of Senate filibuster rules. Johnson’s a “diversity” relic from the Clinton era with zero experience in border security, port security, airport security or immigration enforcement. So what is main qualification for overseeing the $40 billion, 240,000-employee homeland security bureaucracy? Besides dumping gobs of money into Obama’s coffers, he’s the “first African-American” to hold the job, as the White House trumpeted.

n case you’d forgotten (or never paid attention), DHS undersecretary Alejandro Mayorkas, the No. 2 in charge of the department, was also a beneficiary of Reid’s lowered nomination standards. Like Johnson, Mayorkas was an Obama bundler early and often. He slithered into the job in 2013 while still under investigation by the DHS inspector general for his role in facilitating EB-5 foreign investor visa scams over the vehement objections of homeland security staff.

In case you’d forgotten (or never paid attention), DHS Assistant Secretary, Office for State and Local Law Enforcement Heather Fong abandoned her post as San Francisco police chief amid widespread disgust with her weak leadership and obstinate refusal to cooperate with the feds on enforcing immigration laws.

n case you’d forgotten (or never paid attention), Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Chief Diplomatic Office Alan Bersin was implicated in a scheme to manipulate the DHS hiring process to try and secure jobs for at least three political cronies who worked with Bersin on the Obama 2008 campaign, according to the Office of Special Counsel. Two of those pals did not even meet “the minimum qualification requirements for their respective career positions,” OSC’s complaint noted, because they lacked at least one year of relevant experience.

In case you’d forgotten (or never paid attention), Secretary Johnson hired his DHS chief of staff Christian Marrone without bothering to read the longtime Pennsylvania Democratic operative’s background security check. Marrone was a top aide to slimeball Philadelphia power broker Vincent Fumo, who was convicted of 137 federal corruption charges in 2009.

TRY AGAIN.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Yes...But has anything changed since Bush, as far as homeland Security goes? I think it's institutional incompetency. You've got to clear out all the Directors, managers, supervisors and team leads all the way down to the bottom. Or it will never change. It's like getting rid of Obama next year. Without getting rid of all the imbeciles in congress nothing will change.

Agreed. The entire agency is incompetant and I believe I read a study not too long ago citing that DHS was the most inefficient govt agency.

The thing is... these inefficiencies and institutional incompetencies are kind of expected when you form an agency out of knee-jerk reactions (post 9/11).
edit on 16-12-2015 by charolais because: typos

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't think you understand. This incompetency goes all the way through DHS. It's not just the top couple of peeps that Obama put in there. Take them out and you'll still have the same problems or Sanders/Trump will still have the same problems. You've got to gut it all the way down.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Stretchy "blame Bush" continuation.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What post does he serve under?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Stretchy "blame Bush" continuation.

Nope...it's called a gut/cut the entire incompetent DHS. Which is another bureaucracy we don't need. Larger government anyone? I keep harping on this point, because it would appear that Trump/Sanders could just install a new/few top level guys there and all will be well. That won't fix anything as broken and corrupt and useless as DHS.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What post does he serve under?

Michael DeWayne Brown (born November 8, 1954) served as the first Undersecretary of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), a division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This position is generally referred to as the director or administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). He was appointed in January 2003 by President George W. Bush and resigned following his controversial handling of Hurricane Katrina in September 2005.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wall Street Journal

Americans who were polled by WSJ/NBC have a message about Obamas foreign policy...DHS included in the freefall approval ratings.

See video in link.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I found it amusing that we could collect the phone calls of American citizens but it was invasive to check the social media accounts of people applying for a visa.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The FBI needs to investigate the DHS in my opinion.

We cannot afford to get this wrong now. When Farook, a US born citizen and government worker, a seemingly normal muslim turns jihadist extremist right before our eyes, when a bonafide female terrorist is invited to "come on in" on a visa program, bureaucrats and others in the DHS associated with the whole immigration process should be investigated.

It makes me think of the controversy that surrounded Fatima Noor's appointment by Obama in 2014 to serve as a special assistant in the Office of the Director for USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
www.alipac.us...

combatveteransforcongress.org...
edit on 17-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If I were the family of any of the people killed in the SB terrorist attack, I would be talking to an attorney right now about filing a lawsuit against DHS or the USCIS....

Information about the process, the inadequacies, the bias muslims within the department may have, and Obama's total ineptness and negligence should all be investigated and responsible parties held accountable.

But, of course, Obama's people will focus on the gutting of the NSA program rather than their failure to vet these people coming in. It's never his fault!
edit on 17-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join