It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood's End - SYFY Original

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Kandinsky

What I couldn't figure out was why Earth needed blowing up. Made no sense to me.

I haven't read the book but after watching this I'm inclined to pick it up.

Possible spoilers:

It took some reaching but In regards to blowing up the world I kind of tied the following things together:
1. the world blowing up
2. the don't forget Humans references by Milo Rodricks and recording himself with tid bits about humans.
3. the Devilish look of Karellen the overload.
4. the Bible references to the end of times and Karellen.

It almost came across to me that prior to our existence their was another human civilization that was wiped out by Karellen, possibly in another world.

Their version of Milo Rodricks left the bible as a warning to others as what is to come once Karellen shows up who looks like what they described as the devil.

Like Karellen kept our music as record of our civilization I assume he allowed the previous civilization to keep their book (bible) which he shared with others who visited his ship.

Karellen made a comment about religion as to which is correct with so many different versions. Perhaps each one is a representation of each civilization that was wiped out.

Or something along those lines.

I enjoyed the series and thought it had a bit of the original twilight zone feel to it.

Prior to this I had given up on syfy channel.

edit on 30131America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jan 2016 19:30:03 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yea i am enjoying this series the more and more it gos on.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join