It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Dead Kids found locked in California storage unit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

prayers for the 1 surviving kid, currently in the hospital, found in the area

It looks like all the investigators are all suited up in hazmat outfits to check out the suspects' apt, 1 of which apparently is a relative of these perished kids

Sorry don't have any more info at this time

RIP

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet
Here is a link to an ABC News story: ABC News

A child abuse investigation led to the bodies of two young children inside a commercial storage unit in Northern California, along with a starving, injured 9-year-old at a house about 140 miles away, authorities said Tuesday. A woman and her teenage male companion were identified as suspects in the deaths after the bodies of the 3-year-old girl and 6-year-old boy were found last Friday at the storage facility in Redding, police said. Homicide detectives were investigating, and autopsies were planned for Wednesday. The children's names were not released. The investigation began with a call about a possible child abuse case in the small Northern California town of Quincy. On Friday, authorities found the starving 9-year-old at a Quincy home, according to a news release from the Plumas County Sheriff's Office. The unidentified girl was taken to a hospital. No details on her condition were available Tuesday. Sheriff's officials later arrested the 39-year-old woman and the 17-year-old boy on abuse allegations related to the 9-year-old. Each remained jailed Tuesday on $1 million bail. The two were being held on suspicion of felony child abuse, torture and mayhem. The Redding Police Department said the two are suspects in the deaths of the boy and the girl found in the storage unit. Redding, a city of 91,000, is located 300 miles north of San Francisco. The department also said it has identified two children who were in the pair's physical custody and who are missing. But the department said it has yet to determine if they are the same children found dead Friday. The two traveled to several cities in Northern California between November 27 and December 11 and stayed at a motel in Dunningan, California on November 28, Redding Police said. Attorneys Douglas Prouty, who represents the 39-year-old, and Robert Zernich, who represents the teen, both declined to comment. The Associated Press typically does not identify abuse victims; it is not naming the teen or the woman because their relationship to the children is unclear. The investigation then led authorities about 140 miles northwest, to the Redding storage facility where they found the bodies. A woman who answered the phone there Tuesday declined to comment. Redding Police Lt. Pete Brindley wouldn't say whether the two children were killed in the storage unit or elsewhere. Meanwhile, south of San Francisco, authorities searched a home in Salinas, where the teen and woman recently lived. They did not say whether they found anything. Social services had investigated the 39-year-old and her family within the last year for general neglect, said Elliott Robinson, director of social services for Monterey County. Robinson's office filed the death reports for the two children found in Redding. He declined to comment further.

edit on b000000312015-12-16T14:42:17-06:0002America/ChicagoWed, 16 Dec 2015 14:42:17 -0600200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This happened in my town, the whole community is just sick. These people are just monsters. The womens brother was arrested for starting a large fire last year. The whole family must be, crazy, sick, or demon possessed.
edit on 16-12-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I saw this as a link on CNN yesterday, I didn't want to click on it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

This happened in my town, the whole community is just sick. These people are just monsters. The womens brother was arrested for starting a large fire last year. The whole family must be, crazy, sick, or demon possessed.

I have a really sick feeling about exactly how the woman and teen are related to the kids. 9, 6, 3 ... Those are stair steps.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The mother of the kids, was killed in a car crash last year or 2 yrs ago, and the Aunt was supposed to be taking care of her children.

Local news a little more info www.krcrtv.com...

edit on 16-12-2015 by misskat1 because: Added a link

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Our nation needs to focus on mental health more. The crazy people are pretending to be normal and trying to fit in; they are everywhere just waiting to go berzerk. Oh why did the government shut down majority of the mental hospitals. This story and others like it is so disturbing.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Teeky because: word

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Our community has had more than its fair share of sad stories lately. This was from July.

www.redding.com...< br />
My daughter went to school with the babies mom, and the dad (who I really believe was innocent) was killed by police. He stole a gun and went looking for who took his daughter. But, the police didnt see it that way, and there was shoot out and Matthew was killed. We will never know what happened to Baby Ember.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Oh, phew, I was starting to have vision of The Hills Have Eyes for a bit.

It's bad enough and almost worse the way you describe it because they were betrayed in the worst way.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

i am interested to find out the names of the women and teen, i grew up in q town still have familey there, the women could of possibly gone to school with me if she is a local, and the fact the familey got zurnich to defend the kid means the kids got ties in that town. Ill call home and see if i can find some names out

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

wait here we go

just needed to check the local news.

the suspects

and no these are no locals i ever heard of since i was living there
edit on 16-12-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

This link has names and pictures of the women and her boyfriend. www.krcrtv.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Teeky

I will not argue with the need for an improved mental health system but you are spouting false stereotypes. Plus these savages have not been diagnosed anywhere that I have seen.

People with serious mental illness are 3 to 4 times more likely to be violent than those who aren't.

But the vast majority of people with mental illness are not violent and never will be.

Most violence in society is caused by other things. Even if we had a perfect mental health care system, that is not going to solve our gun violence problem. If we were able to magically cure schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression, that would be wonderful, but overall violence would go down by only about 4 percent.

www.propublica.org...

edit on 16-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just a local update: www.krcrtv.com...

The women's oldest daughter wants her mom to get the death penalty for these crimes.
edit on 16-12-2015 by misskat1 because: Grammer

www.krcrtv.com... The Women's social media account information.
edit on 16-12-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
death penalty

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Teeky

This isn't mental health.

It's evil.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.sfgate.com...

Another update. If anyone is still following the story.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Ok, so what is it then?? Evil Satan and his demon friends are possessing people? I was just trying to find the most logical explanation to a growing problem. Now your'e saying these people aren't mentally ill. Whatever....
edit on 21-12-2015 by Teeky because: word

top topics

join