It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Reveals Hints Of A New Particle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
Time is only a human invention it does not have any mass, so not possible to find time in a particle.
Since day 1, I have been saying, this Hyrodron collider is a waste of Tax payers money.

You should have published a paper then and saved everyone some money.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Huh, brilliant..sorry for spoiling the fun..carry on..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: chr0naut
There is already one Higgs-Boson, seen through excitation of the Higgs Field.

Could it be something else? I wrote a paper in college in college Physics about Time being a particle. Maybe one day they will find it.
I wrote that time is simply movement. My take on time is matter in motion.
edit on 12/16/2015 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Time is only a human invention it does not have any mass, so not possible to find time in a particle.
Since day 1, I have been saying, this Hyrodron collider is a waste of Tax payers money.

Poorly constructed roads are a waste of taxpayer money. Wars and victimless crime incarcerations are wastes of taxpayer money. Hookers and yeayo for members of parliament are wastes of taxpayer money.

CERN costs each citizen of each member nation an average of $2 (USD)/year.

If you're an anti-science anarchist I can see you having an issue with that, but if not, what would that $2/yr/person be better spent on?
Do you think CERN has not and will not lead to beneficial discoveries which more than make up for its cost?

I ask because I'm baffled, but maybe that's just from my perspective as a science geek.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It is impossible to have any identifiable particle that has mass. Mass isn't something you can hold. There will always be another smaller particle. They are not looking for the right thing. It is something we have not considered cause it isn't a quantitative thing. Hard to wrap your head around it. But keep looking for it

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I ask because I'm baffled, but maybe that's just from my perspective as a science geek.

Don't get me wrong am all for Science, I just haven't yet come across a practical application of what CERN is doing in real world.

I am baffled at what finding a particle's got to do with our daily lives?

Perhaps all this money, would have been used to dealing with "Poverty" or something like that?

edit on 16-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Without advancing science humanity has no future. Is like storing food for the winter. If you destroy humanities future by thinking only of today, you are trading our future for short term comforts.

With that type of thinking, we'd still be living in the stone age with a life expectancy of 20 years.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well, I agree to that but this is not the type of science that brought us to where we are.

Again, what's finding particle got to do with real life applications?

Can you answer that, simple question?
edit on 16-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Yes, quite simply, it's helping us better understand the fundamental building blocks and rules of the universe. Without doing so, our future science is limited. The problem is, you're expecting and demanding immediate practical results. Humanities future is in the stars, and let's be frank, not going to happen with rocket power.

We need to better understand our universe. This is all part of that. You have no idea what could be discovered and understood unless we look and research.

You're not seeing an immediate application/result and impatiently saying well F it then.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
There is already one Higgs-Boson, seen through excitation of the Higgs Field.

Could it be something else? I wrote a paper in college in college Physics about Time being a particle. Maybe one day they will find it.

I think you are on to something there. We know through experiment that time is influenced by gravity. Gravity is influenced by mass. I think there has to be an Einstein like equation floating out there for this.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Well, I agree to that but this is not the type of science that brought us to where we are.

Valid point, and the LHC is not the only collider on the planet. I have no seen science advance from colliders other than thrill a couple of scientists of things they cannot explain. I don't know about their mission and there is surprisingly little info about the experiments they conduct. So, is there a return on investment on this thing and if so, what benefits are derived from that program. There are alot of sciences competing for dollars

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I wrote a paper in college in college Physics about Time being a particle. Maybe one day they will find it.

The Chronon is a particle of Time.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Don't get me wrong am all for Science, I just haven't yet come across a practical application of what CERN is doing in real world.

I am baffled at what finding a particle's got to do with our daily lives?

Perhaps all this money, would have been used to dealing with "Poverty" or something like that?

"One day sir, you may tax it." - Michael Faraday's reply to William Gladstone, then British Chancellor of the Exchequer (minister of finance), when asked of the practical value of electricity (1850).

CERN is doing fundamental research, which is the basis for practical research and application.

If you want to know about some practical things coming from CERN look here:
knowledgetransfer.web.cern.ch...

Yes, World Wide Web was invented at CERN.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The stuff they're discovering at CERN today will one day lead to flying cars, space drives, and only f**king warp drive, thats all!!!

Also I love the word Hyrodron. You should trademark it lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The pentaquark is related to sacred geometry known long ago in the Pentagon dodecahedron. A person spilling the beans about it in the time of Plato (see his solids in the Ashmolean Museum) was subject to summary execution.

You might also know Murray Gell-Mann coined the word Quark and he is a member of The Aspen Institute where language studies are paramount. He is also an aficionado of Orisha Worship or the Yoruba. That is Voudou for some.

Warp speed - see the Alcubierre research and lots more for many millennia who know action-at-a-distance (Not Einstein origination but recent research in Japan says it travels at 10,000 times the speed of light. There are no constants which apply throughout universe - they are useful in local event horizons.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

One story about Cern I haven't heard anything else about is the fact they found something in one of the tubes, but couldn't identify what it was. I wonder if they ever got any more information out about that ? It seemed really strange at the time.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nuclear medicine, radiation hardening (neutron bombardment) of silicon used in electronics (like 'phones & computers), synchnotron radiation sources are all current commercial direct uses of particle accelerators. The 'centrifuges' used in refining actinides for use in fuel cells and nuclear weapons are a very specific type of particle accelerator.

But the biggest advantages of finding new particles are as yet unknown. Bosons are force carrying particles. A new Boson = a new fundamental force.

We may find anti-gravity forces or anti-magnetic forces but first we have to have a tool for finding these things - the LHC (and similar research accelerators).

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

One story about Cern I haven't heard anything else about is the fact they found something in one of the tubes, but couldn't identify what it was. I wonder if they ever got any more information out about that ? It seemed really strange at the time.

It was dust left over from manufacture that has gotten into the works and messes up the readings. Someone there has called it an "Unidentified Lying Object", but they have now calibrated the instruments to account for it, so it isn't a great problem unless it moves (which it might with all the powerful magnets & things). They have to keep recalibrating everything all the time to ensure that they aren't getting the wrong readings.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You know, I know scientists dedicate their lives to their profession to discover and research new stuff never before known. But I'm willing to bet we could be around for the next 5 billion years and still only know 0.0000000000001% about our existence.

We still know nothing about what is out there. This new particle could be one of seemingly limitless particles of various types.

Its facinating to think what could be out there.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soekvg

Look how much we have learned in the past 100 odd years. We are now entering realms in which we are starting to unravel the universe itself.

Imagine humanity puts all it's endeavours into this goal. The potential is unlimited. Another millenua & we'll be masters of the universe if we're still around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join