It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gilbert Flores video - he clearly had his hands in the air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

A new video has surfaced in the case of Gilbert Flores, a Texas homeowner whom cops shot for absolutely no reason. How do we know? In this video, you can see his hands up in the air

Earlier video showed him with his hands up, but a telephone pole hid one of them, so it was hard to see whether he had anything in his hands. Investigators are maintaining that Flores had a knife

This new video, however, tells a far more definite story, because not only does it show both of Flores’ hands many times, but it also shows conclusively that he wasn’t threatening the officers when they decided to pull the trigger.

Source

Well, there you go. A new video, taken much closer to the incident, which very clearly shows the events that transpired. The man was standing in place with his hands in the air for several seconds before the officers opened fire on him for no reason. He wasn't advancing towards them, he wasn't wielding a weapon, he was just standing there.
Yet another lie, yet another blatant murder.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
#WhiteLivesMatter? Oh wait... Nevermind, wrong skin colour.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Nothing is in the way in that video.
'Hands up don't shoot' would be a slogan that would fit in this case.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I don't know how you can tell he didn't have a knife in hand. I can't see well enough watching on my phone to see that. So, the videographer saying "oh he's got a knife" coupled with the officer pretty clearly kicking something away from his body seems to point that maybe there was actually a knife?

Can anybody tell who shoots first? As in which cop, I mean. I can't tell. Nor can I tell why they shot, either.

What struck me most is that in the other video, the sound seemed to be slightly delayed and gave the appearance that both officers physically reacted to something and then fired. This video seems to not have that momentary delay, and I don't see the officers react just before they fire.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don't know how you can tell he didn't have a knife in hand. I can't see well enough watching on my phone to see that. So, the videographer saying "oh he's got a knife" coupled with the officer pretty clearly kicking something away from his body seems to point that maybe there was actually a knife?

Can anybody tell who shoots first? As in which cop, I mean. I can't tell. Nor can I tell why they shot, either.

What struck me most is that in the other video, the sound seemed to be slightly delayed and gave the appearance that both officers physically reacted to something and then fired. This video seems to not have that momentary delay, and I don't see the officers react just before they fire.

Well unless officers are trained to shoot people while having their hands in the air at a safe distance, these cops are murderers. Plain and simple. He didn't charge at the police, he was just standing there with his hands up. Even if he did have a knife, why shoot if he isn't trying to actually harm someone with it?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Guess you skipped over the part where I said I didn't see why they shot?

If we're going to have an honest discussion about the shooting, it should probably be honest.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Instead of race baiting, why don't you go out & show support to his family? Oh yeah, because you don't actually care about what happened; you just needed an excuse to bring skin color into this.

And there's a reason I mentioned "showing support to his family". Dig deeper into the story of what happened before the shooting & you'll see why.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Agreed. The other vid clearly shows this as well. In here at :56 his hands go up, and two seconds later, two shots ring out, dropping him to the ground from a compliant, motionless, hands up stance. There is no sound lag or whatnot, either.

Early video, Liveleak

Executed on the spot. But they released another video to slow up the already months old "investigation", now we can talk about this video for another 6 months.

When he refused to comply to their demands-whatever they were, they just killed him, after getting him to pose.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Guess you skipped over the part where I said I didn't see why they shot?

If we're going to have an honest discussion about the shooting, it should probably be honest.

I never accused you of siding with the police??? Was just giving my opinion on the video I watched. What I was getting at was even if he did have a knife, I don't see at any point in the video giving the police officers the right to kill the man.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The Miranda rights are just for decorative purposes on a wall in the precinct these days.
what, is anyone supposed to be surprised?

video evidence which contradicts initial police reports or the like... its a commonality, denying this is foolish and ignorant.

so, the poor cops were in danger? or those heroes had no other choice but to kill him.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Instead of race baiting, why don't you go out & show support to his family? Oh yeah, because you don't actually care about what happened; you just needed an excuse to bring skin color into this.

And there's a reason I mentioned "showing support to his family". Dig deeper into the story of what happened before the shooting & you'll see why.

Why doesn't Black Lies Matter use some of that Soros money and fly there and support that mans family. Oh yeah that's right, because they are all crooked and only seek to divide the country under orders from the Kenyan Communist.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You're right, I took it wrong. My bad

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Even if he did have a knife, I can see that at least one of the officers had a shield, which would work quite well against a knife.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Why doesn't Black Lies Matter use some of that Soros money and fly there and support that mans family. Oh yeah that's right, because they are all crooked and only seek to divide the country under orders from the Kenyan Communist.

LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

In this video youtu.be... during the 911 call, Flores is heard saying that he has a knife and that he is "going to die today". In the video it is obvious that Flores puts his hands up and then is shot but I wonder what was being said when this went down. I don't know what would be said that would cause police to shoot him with his hands up. I cannot tell if he has a knife or not. It is just interesting that he is talking about suicide by cops during the call. What was he planning? Did he put his hands up because he changed his mind?

Whether these police shootings are justified or not, it is so very sad that the person's life has come to this. They are very hard to watch.

Also, I am new to posting and I m not sure if I posted this correctly.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

i think he did have a knife. i noticed while watching the video in the OP that in his left hand there was something that would flash and then be black and blurry. so i went to you tube to see if i could find one that was a little clearer.

i watch a few and the same thing, then i came across one that proves without a shadow of a doubt that he did indeed have something that looks like a knife.

here is a screen shot.

did you see it?

here is a screen shot that i've cropped and enlarged.

here is one where i pointed it out.

here is the video it came from, i urge everyone to listen to the 911 tapes, and where he says he is gonna commit suicide by cop and get ready somebody is gonna pull the trigger. the screen shot comes at the 2:43 mark.

this is one of those it's hard to say.
could they have handled it differently? maybe.
was he a threat? yes.

if he would have put the knife down chances are he wouldn't be dead.

edit on 17-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Can I see video footage of the white people rioting like crazy when the grand jury let the cops off the hook?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
USE A TASER ON A GUY WITH A KNIFE!
10 feet I think is the distance that cops are "allowed" to shoot a guy with a knife. Maybe 15.
he looked to be about 15 feet away,m but was not charging at all.
IMO these two should loose their jobs at the very least. Manslaughter charge at worst.

new topics

top topics

join