It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

37-month sentence for man who smuggled guns from Tampa to Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA — A member of a ring that smuggled guns from the Tampa area to the Middle East was sentenced Tuesday to 37 months in federal prison.

The conspirators purchased used cars, hide guns in them and then export the cars overseas, according to court records.

Eyad Farah, 42, a car dealer from Richardson, Texas, pleaded guilty in September to federal conspiracy and gun export crimes, the most serious of which carried up to 20 years in prison.

Last year, Yasser Ahmad Obeid, 20, of St. Petersburg, was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for his role in the ring. At the time, Obeid’s lawyer said he was “the tip of the iceberg.”

Well this was kind of going on under the radar here in town. I was not even aware of it until just now. I would say this guy got off light. My theory on the easy sentencing (3 years for exporting weapons to potential terrorists is child's play) was that the 2016 election cycle is bringing in the NWO expansion to a temporary halt. Only so much propaganda can be spun at one time. We have the State Department doing an about face on Assad leading to a potential wind down in confrontation with Russia.

These men were probably a CIA asset and was doing their part for "The Company" by utilizing this supply route at the request of the handlers. Part of the back door deal making with the Russians was probably to do away with some of the assets their intelligence have known about supplying weapons.

Or maybe I watch too much Hollywood lol. I am sure someone here can make some connections though besides me.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Why are a few of these guys only getting a few years?

People are in prison longer for having cannabis.

Smuggling guns is more acceptable in the eyes of the law I suppose.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Why are a few of these guys only getting a few years?

People are in prison longer for having cannabis.

Smuggling guns is more acceptable in the eyes of the law I suppose.

The sad answer is explained here to Ethan Hawke by Nicholas Cage. He is a necessary evil

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Seems pretty light to me, in some states, if you answer a question incorrectly on a firearm application they want to give you up to five years in prison. But getting caught exporting, and only get three years makes it look like something else is going on.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Seems pretty light to me, in some states, if you answer a question incorrectly on a firearm application they want to give you up to five years in prison. But getting caught exporting, and only get three years makes it look like something else is going on.

After watching the video provided (I've never seen that movie, looks pretty good), that's what it appears to be.

Almost as if these guys are just "taking the fall," but I could be absolutely wrong.

Still, seems a bit odd to me how light the sentencing is.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So he'll be out in a year?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If he only got 37months it's a guaruntee he is cooperating in other cases soon to be brought to trial.

Only a snitch could get short sentences for gun smuggling to terrorists.

Funny thing is, getting guns in the Middle East is as easy as buying Maple Syrup in Canada...
What a pointless endeavour.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Isn't this treason? 37 months is pretty far off from life in prison or capitol punishment. I suppose it all depends on who he was selling it all to (and for)...but still 37 months?!?! What a joke...which seems to be the common thing in international relations these days.

top topics

join