It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you ATS.

I recall requesting a history forum as far back as 2009.

Sometimes patience is a virtue.

Makes me giggle a bit, but this is what I wrote as my rationale back then.
Like many of my posts it runs out of steam after the main points, but my main points are usually valid.

I think it will gradually draw the attention of a totally new type of scholarship to ATS.

I think every ATS member knows the uncertainty when choosing a thread forum.
However, things can get especially confusing when discussing recent history, or the representations of history in modern mediums (from writing to film).
What about history that can be viewed with some distance to current events and media, but it is also by no means "ancient"?
OK, one can squeeze it into other forums, but that makes it either unduly "political", or it doesn't fit into the rather anal confines of religious conspiracies, and so forth.
History requires a certain discourse analysis that may draw from a range of other sources - from secret societies to religion.
Discussions on film and documentary about history will all too easily fall into the Chit-chat forums.
That can be a pity, because how history is perceived tells us much on current censorship and conspiracy.
Re-making the past tells us much on present propaganda, but it also means we can have some distance to current issues.
So it could be one forum where one could say: "Obama uses established Masonic tropes in his speeches", without the divide-and-rule assumptions of the more political forums.
I could also discuss how clogged up London was with crap during the Industrial Revolution, and how relativistic posts on "filthy India" really are.
It could put some received notions on our human condition into stark perspective.

And after two more brewskis, of course more conspiratorial and polemical:

Just noting: isn't it strange that we think the Neanderthals 20, 000 years ago were more fascinating than the past 2000 years?
What about "The Tudors", the treatment of women, the religious splits?
What about Brecht's people's history?
It's like we are channeled into a major conceptual gap, which is a huge lacuna about our recent past.
I think this is deliberate.
Why?
Well, when did the kings and queens still call themselves "appointed by God"?
I mean these are the ages that DEMONSTRATE how we have been controlled by a small, interbred group of people.
Of course we mustn't discuss it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, Christmas did come early this year!

Now, onward with the struggle for a "Gender Studies" forum!

edit on 18-12-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Off topic- But SO, I don't know how the heck you created such great pieces of art with a screen, but you do a great job!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Like a history forum - uff!
Touched for the very first time
I got your Common Era on my mind ...

Oh yes history makes you feel,
All shiney and new.
(Yip - at least we weren't as bad as those people).

Champagne, let the rest eat mammoths!

Sorry, just celebrating it a bit - I've been waiting and am very pleased.

edit on 18-12-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
After seeing the new icon and wondering if I just never bothered clicking anything that was historical I'm very glad for sticky threads.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dude, your #in awesome! I love you man!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Indonesia, Gudung Panang - carbon-14 dated to 23.000 years

Egypt, the sfinx enclosure show signs of water erosion, that has to be atleast 12.800 ago, when the climate in Egypt looked way diffrent.

Turkey, Göbleki Tepe 12.000 - 14.000 yrs old (carbon14 tested), and covered up by someone

Bosnia, Bosnian Pyramid 34.000 yrs old - carbon tested. The tunnels beneath the pyramid was also covered up by someone.

Indonesia, Gunun Padang 23.000 yrs old - carbon dated

Yonaguni - Coast of Japan, submerged.

Various stone constructions in North America, especielly in the Ohio are. Also in england.

the stone circles in south africa, about 10 million of them.

Various megalithig sites in Nort America, perticularly in the Ohio region.

edit on 28-7-2016 by AliceInChains because: misspelled

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hi, newbie here.
i've found some wierd deep sea markings that i cant find an explanation for and was wondering if anyone here knew something (:
maps.ngdc.noaa.gov...
if you zoom in on the northern part of Canary basin, just west of Morocco
theres a spot called Monaco deep that has some wierd squares that kind of look like ruins, but what's wierd is that it is at a -5k depth, which is hella deep
i will make a separate thread once i gather more info, just wanted to ask if anyone knew anything (:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
wow good information provide this post

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the guidelines. I am new at this forum
edit on 2-1-2022 by julie42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: julie42

welcome aboard Julie
post away
if you like creative theorizing, this site is the place.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The winners of wars write the histories. So how will we ever know what was real?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join