It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Disinfo.com to the AboveTopSecret.com Universe!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We at AboveTopSecret.com are very please to announce that we’ve entered a new partnership with a website many of you already know and love, Disinfo.com. Having both been “birthed” on the Internet in the mid-1990’s, both of our sites have long represented the more sober approach to alternative news and views. So as the misinformation, disinformation, and missing information from mainstream media is reaching historic levels, especially with the electioneering in full swing in the US, it makes sense to join forces.

Over the next few weeks, we may begin to see key content authors from Disinfo.com slide over here into this forum to exchange content ideas with ATS members. And likewise, we’d like to see some of our more experienced ATS members slide over to Disinfo.com and start adding your voice to the battle against disinformation.

And as many of you probably have already guessed, our efforts mentioned in these two threads (Help Wanted: Full Stack Developers, Mobile Developers, UI/UX Designers, and other tech people…, Help Wanted: Writers, Journalists, Illustrators, Videographers, and other content creators…) have something to do with the longer term strategies we and Disinfo.com have been cooking up.

What Goes In This Forum?

Use this to link-to and discuss topics that are published on Disinfo.com.

Post ideas for new articles that you think the authors on Disinfo.com should examine.

Help the Disinfo.com authors with feedback on recently published articles, and provide guidance on articles in-progress.

Disinfo.com authors can request assistance with research or other help with articles they're working on.

And so on... you get the drift.

Can I Be a Disinfo.com Author?

Yes. Just send a private message to ATSmediaPRO with your experience and the topics on which you'd focus. We'll be selecting new contributors from the pool of exceptional ATS members.

Does DIsinfo.com Need Any Other Help?

Maybe. We're looking for a highly-experienced WordPress person to offer some of their time in working through upgrading Disinfo.com to a more modern WP theme. If you think you can help, send a private message to ATSmediaPRO.

2016 is going to be a banner year for alternative news, and we’re planning to lead the way. Now who wants ice cream?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i have never seen that site before so i went there because of this thread.
my first thoughts are can you help them to update it ,to me it looks boring and very blog like and is in need of drastic reinvention

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have submitted a PM as suggested, SO -
hope you folks notice it. I can write, as well as update WP themes.

Very exciting news!!

Rocky road for me, please - in a waffle cone.
edit on 12/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I welcome my new Disinfo friends *rubs hands and cackles*

Mwahah!

This should be most interesting! Awesome news SO!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The sober approach and sobriety in general I feel are entirely overrated.
See y'all on the new boards.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Awesome partnership SO. Welcome to the Disinfo group to ATS! Looking forward to the content on both sides.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Having not yet checked out the disinfo site, does a person need a new username/profile for that site?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Did I hear ice cream? I want ice cream!!! Rocky road please

And a big welcome to disinfo.com!!! This should be interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing where you all take it. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I amongst others welcome our ant overlords and I'd be happy to recruit others to slave away in their sugar mines.

I just might apply, who knows-Cake might not just be a lie-maybe cake is a tasty truth sprinked in facts- gooey, caramelized facts.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I never been in that site before and while I kind of heard about it, never really got my attention, I am sure to visit the site now to see what is all about.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have never seen this site before, but I am going to have a look at it. Sounds awesome

Thanks for the info Boss
I call my Guild Master on Wartune 'Boss'. You have now earned the title as well

edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Eta:

I looked at the site. Some is good, some is odd and confusing. Pretty article headers with few comments. Some leading one to 'Thenewsblaze' without realizing it. Some new articles are info from a year ago.

This is just a cursory examination. Maybe it is they could use OUR help?
edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh I remember them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Whoops!

I've known about these guys for many years ... I'll be happy to work with and see what we all can come up with together!

Now if I can only get sent to their convention for "work" ...

edit on 16-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ATS is the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like where its going. When you start pumping content out of Disinformation please evolve the traditional format. Also the member contributor arm is fading. Kick some people off the island. Essentially its become the blog of 10 people. I appreciate you for filling by youth with wonder.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The "Everything You Know Is Wrong" book series by Russ Kick, which I found in the local library, were one of the major stepping stones on the pathway that led me to ATS.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very cool. You guys have been doing a great job as of late with this and the new history forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lots of new and exciting additions to ATS today!!

Super awesome

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds good .
Not much to add....

Is the ice-cream just another bit of 'disinfo'?

Ice -cream , ...... before I SCREAM !!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Diversity is the key.

Hope it works... and words out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join