It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Public Experiment to Measure a Crowds Reaction to Violence Towards Women.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I do not think this video proves that Islam or Muslims are more or less violent towards women.

What the video does show is how westerners fear of Muslims prevents them from taking the correct moral action and stopping violence towards women.

Some are afraid of Islam and the violent extremism while others will do nothing because they don't want to get hit with some PC lawsuit.

Thankfully a wonderful British bloke steps up to do the right thing and stands up for the woman.

Violent extremism is the enemy, not the Islamic religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Yep, that is what I would do. It is better to say that you will call the cops rather than physically intervening. I would do that whatever race they were.

Physically intervening is a big no unless absolutely necessary, but by no means madatory. You can land yourself in big trouble with the law and the people involved. I have known people intervene and be beaten up by the man and the woman for interfering. May be if it was really bad like life threatening; I would reluctantly have to try and help then even knowing the consequences could be bad.

If they are just arguing people don't have any right to intervene any way. Arguing is not breaking the law as long as the peace is not disturbed.

One thing concerns me with these social experiments. I would not want little children to witness that and also the people who did this are helping to make Muslims even more of a negative stereotype. Think of all those people who walked past. If they never get to know this was an act they will be walking round with extra prejudices because of this; a bit tasteless.

I am not into these social experiments. There are other parties involved that are being used without their consent and knowledge. That is not respectful. I don't want to have to see stuff like this when I am out shopping or enjoying the local park with the kids, real or imagined.

edit on 16-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Knowing me, I would stand between them and yell.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ty for posting such a great video. I subscribed to that channel AreWeFamousNow I commented on the video and mentioned your user name.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't care what religion is involved here. I'd knock him on his ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

i come from a part of the world where raising your voice or your hand to a woman will get you an ass whoopin muy rapido.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I remember who one of the news orgs in the US took some obviously Muslim folks (women with hijab, etc.) folks around the deep south. They were basically trolling for the racism they just knew was there. I think they took them to a NASCAR too. Aside from some polite curiosity, no one much batted an eye, and everyone was polite, friendly and courteous.

This was post 9-11.

Oh, hidden cameras, too.

They've run similar with all kinds of things. Basically the results show that no matter what side a person tends to agree with, no one really cares much until things start to get out of hand, and then you maybe get a person to stand up, but just because that person stands up doesn't necessarily mean they agree with one side or the other. They may just think the person getting out of line is, well, out of line in their behavior if not their opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, womens' rights in the middle east SUCK. Comparative politics between U.S. & Iran for example--it's pretty disturbing. Sure as heck glad I don't live there.

And as for this experiment, didn't we already learn something from Kitty Genovese? Genovese syndrome? It's people in general who like to look away from violence because they're so self-absorbed.

So, while Muslims aren't violent toward women, their approach toward womens' rights in the middle east sucks and that's a fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I agree that hidden cam experiments can establish the wrong idea in lots of people's minds, yet what other methods can effectively provide information on social reactions? If we told people that they were being filmed they would react differently.

We learned about how people act through experiments like this, yet I do see the disrespectful nature of the experiment. Sociological experiments are always put under the scrutiny of ethical review, but this was just a little video to make a point.

You seem like a good person and would hopefully distract your children and get them quickly away from anything you perceived as dangerous.

All in all, I agree stopping physical violence with more violence is dangerous and ignorant. Thanks for the responce

reply to reldra:

TY for you kind words and glad to know you would be one of the brave ones.

reply to 123134 and bigfatfurrytexan:

I know several men he would not want to attempt this experiment in front of for they would undoubtedly just beat the tar out of him no questions asked. They would then feel silly when the girl would explain that it was just a hid cam experiment.

reply to ketsuko:

I saw some of those video's linked in the related videos tab. Probably going to watch that soon.

I hope people would want to stop violence before it became too late. Your idea about personal levels of tolerance is interesting and definitely warrants some merit when it comes to the issues raised in the video.

reply to rukia:

There are experiments that do show people are often too self-absorbed and willing to wait for someone else to help.

If I remember correctly there are even real life examples of women being raped outside their apartment building screaming for help while windows of other occupants were open and some even said they heard her, yet no one called the police cause they all thought someone else would do it.

Most sociological experiments seem to show how easily and quickly people become sheep in high-pressure situations.

Thanks to all for the wonderful comments and the open discussion. Great responses.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As a slightly built metalhead that's stood up for Chavs birds in clubs, I'd like to imagine I'd have stepped in here too, but, you know, I aren't sure till it happens. I hope I would.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
He's a kiwi not a pom!!!
Bloody yanks

new topics

top topics

join