It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying, TRYING, to sort out the Republican Candidate Debates....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sorting out who supports what, to what degree, and their solutions is, at best, enough to cause headaches.

In my opinion, using the debates themselves to decide who to support is a complete waste of time. My conclusion is there is no way of knowing which candidate would make the better President. There is those that develop some admiration in me for stances or 'originality'. Others for demeanor and apparent character.

I've found myself more interested in the critics comments from various news and radio venues and sorting who owns those chains and who THEY are supporting-that is tough itself-

A couple of conclusions I've come to is who is elected President is dictated by...I want to say emotion or reaction...but neither suffices. It isn't based on what is said, by track record, Or even political donations. Bush, for example has spent 25 million on his ad Campaign. Trump 300,000...

Go figure. All the analysis is based on stressing certain points and giving short shrift to others, so their views are as skewed as my own.

As I compose this, it strikes me that Reagan, Obama and to a lesser degree Clinton were elected more on emotion/resonance than intellectual/political issues.

Both Bushes, Ford, perhaps Carter more the 'least unqualified' ? Does this make any sense?

Right now, the emotion/resonance rides with Trump. I've heard him described as a promoter/negotiator, not a campaigner. It has blown the pundits out of their aplomb and has the media and both parties establishment befuddled.

I now believe that is the main draw of trump right across the boards. An almost malicious delight in supporting a 'Hulk Hogan', A 'Rock'. Someone who says screw you to the establishment and yet has ability and credentials enough to move it out of a comic book mentality and have traction in the real world.

Slipping back into an intellectual point, as there is no way to know who would make the right choice, then Trump's campaign is as valid is anyone else's!

He could even make a good President. He may even have enough of the millennials to win.

I've also come to the conclusion Trump is at least as honest as any of the other candidates. I still haven't decided...but he's getting more traction with me and it surprises....

edit on 16-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: gramma

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I loved how Sanders didn't even get a single mention. It's already decided the Dems will run Hillary in the eyes of the liberal MSM, yet so many are still running around telling me I'm about to "Feel the Bern"

It's to the point where Bern supporters need to choose a Republican to get behind to save us from Hillary.

Although I fear many will take the butthurt route and vote for her just to spite the Republican Party.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

The sad fact is bernie wont get elected cause he makes too much sense, hilary is going to win because the clowns on the right for some reason look worst than the wickedest witch in the west.

Another sad day for human kind.

On the flip side, we will get another 8 years of fake outrage by the gop and there fans, comedy gold in the making.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
as with every 4 year election, by spring the wheat will be separated from the chaff, so to speak. this is a sounding out and a money gathering time in these elections, that it. it should be called "political wonk entertainment time"...and let's not forget those "speaking fees" the presidential candidates can charge after this....."it's all about the money" is my first go-to place in the thought process to start any research.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

My issue with elections is that we get to choose from a list of candidates that were pre-selected. It gives us the illusion of choice.
Give me an outsider, a dark horse over any of them. What they say is meaningless. It's what they DO that counts.
edit on 16-12-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yeah it seems Bernie really is the Dems Ron Paul.

A lot of support from the people, completely ignored by the media to the point of non-existence in the race.

It's a shame to because I could have seen myself voting Dem for the first time ever for Bernie, especially given my other choices, but there is just no way I will vote for Hillary, so an independent or a Rep gets my vote again (Which I may as well be shooting directly into a black hole) and I get another 8 years of PC, Entitlements, Unchecked Immigration, and a general disassociation from a public that is becoming ever more entrenched in these ideologies.

16 years of Dems running public education should be enough to ensure they never lose again don't you think?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
I loved how Sanders didn't even get a single mention. It's already decided the Dems will run Hillary in the eyes of the liberal MSM, yet so many are still running around telling me I'm about to "Feel the Bern"

It's to the point where Bern supporters need to choose a Republican to get behind to save us from Hillary.

Although I fear many will take the butthurt route and vote for her just to spite the Republican Party.

It might be due to the fact this thread was aimed at the republican debate, not the democrat. I'd move to Iceland before I'd vote for Sanders.....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I loved how Sanders didn't even get a single mention.

The GOP candidates will focus more of their rhetoric on Clinton, as bashing Hillary is popular among the GOP faithful. Bernie....not so much.

You can see that on these forums. Drop a good line about Obama or Clinton, regardless of truth or context, and the GOP drones flock in with back-slaps and stars.

Not going to happen. Many people understand that the GOP candidates are not much different than Hillary.

Many will, yes.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My issue with elections is that we get to choose from a list of candidates that were pre-selected. It gives us the illusion of choice.
Give me an outsider, a dark horse over any of them. What they say is meaningless. It's what they DO that counts.

I'm curious, does Trump not fit that description? Carson? Carli?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Being a cheater/liar/murderer/etc is better than being a possible racist/bigot/homophobe.... Sadly that's liberal/progressive logic for you!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The GOP candidates will focus more of their rhetoric on Clinton, as bashing Hillary is popular among the GOP faithful. Bernie....not so much.

You can see that on these forums. Drop a good line about Obama or Clinton, regardless of truth or context, and the GOP drones flock in with back-slaps and stars.

Not going to happen. Many people understand that the GOP candidates are not much different than Hillary.

Many will, yes.

Ironically, it's the left that avoids discussing Obama and his policies when it comes to campaigning for the next president....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Seven years ago, the media crowned Hillary as the next POTUS. Then a newcomer on the scene swooped in and got the nomination. I don't see any reason to believe it can't happen again.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thing is CNN is a liberal leaning group, so for them to be staging every question as "How will you defeat Hillary" or "Hillary Clinton has done this..." without mentioning Sanders at all really brings home the fact that the establishment media has already decided the Democratic Primary.

I see next to no support for Hillary from even the more hardline liberals here so I can only imagine them voting for her is equivalent to a child throwing a tantrum at the Toys'R'Us

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's why I may vote republican in 2016. The republican side has the best choice of outsiders.

Carli? She's not getting the traction but would make a great VP.
Carson? I really like him but I don't see him doing well in the caucuses.
Trump may be the best bet for electing an outsider.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Many will, yes.

Ironically, it's the left that avoids discussing Obama and his policies when it comes to campaigning for the next president....

That's normal for any candidate when their party holds the White House. They try to portray themselves as being a bit different and will do a better job than the previous president. The GOP did the same thing with Bush.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Many will, yes.

That's normal for any candidate when their party holds the White House. They try to portray themselves as being a bit different and will do a better job than the previous president. The GOP did the same thing with Bush.

Hmmm, I can buy into that to a degree. Though I could point out Bush 41 did get elected on continuing the Reagan policies.

The fact that neither have used that format, to wit, Continuing the Obama legacy is telling, IMO. How much? Who knows..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

The sad fact is bernie wont get elected cause he makes too much sense, hilary is going to win because the clowns on the right for some reason look worst than the wickedest witch in the west.

I don't think it has anything to do with Bernie making too much sense. I think it is a direct reflection on how the media created all of Obama's enthusiasm, in 2008. Democratic voters thought they were choosing him, but they were completely led to him from beginning to end.

If Obama's enthusiasm was real in 2008, then Bernie would be enjoying the same now.

The difference is the media. Democratic voters don't have the media to lead them to Bernie so they are helpless to Hillary.

The two parties and the media are absolutely disgusting and disenfranchising.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My conclusion is there is no way of knowing which candidate would make the better President.

That is by design. People think the two party system is dems against reps, theres only one. The US government.

When it comes to issues that support 'we the people' they talk and argue and press conference on, forever. When it comes to a new bomber, aircraft carrier or bailout, they pass it without a second thought.

Theres your sign.

The dual nature is a dog and pony show, to put you off. You think they are arguing for you, when you don't have a say whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thing is CNN is a liberal leaning group, so for them to be staging every question as "How will you defeat Hillary" or "Hillary Clinton has done this..." without mentioning Sanders at all really brings home the fact that the establishment media has already decided the Democratic Primary.

I'm sure the media has decided Hillary will be the Democratic nominee. The polls are very strong in her favor and unless something drastic happens, she WILL get the nomination.

And CNN is hardly liberal. MSNBC is liberal. CNN is middle-of-the-road, luke-warm news for airports and waiting rooms.

I see next to no support for Hillary from even the more hardline liberals here so I can only imagine them voting for her is equivalent to a child throwing a tantrum at the Toys'R'Us

There are plenty of Hillary supporters out there. The polls are indicative of that. The reason they may not be very vocal is because politics may not be a topic they like to focus on. Also, many supporters do not like to discuss their support on this site because the Right Wing gangs on this site can be brutal to deal with if you don't know how to handle them.

What you suggest is also a logical fallacy. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

good observation. Same can be said of Fox. Carson, Carli, little to no mentioning.

Trump generates his own. That's the 'promoter' side of him. He's playing by his rules. It makes me chuckle. I absolutely loath the establishment of both parties...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join