It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming getting worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I live in Germany and we have Florida weather over here but we used to have London weather. It's very hot during the day and in the late afternoon there are major thunderstorms. I saw a documentation on a news channel that the weather will always be like that in Germany in the future and the cause is the global warming. Tell me what you think
Sincerely
Stalking Panther

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Aah yes global warming..

i live just south of london and it too, has beautiful weather at the moment

i think it is getting worse

are you actually ein Deutchlander, or do you just live there?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was born and raised in Germany so I'm half german half american

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's a link from a recent comprehensive study done on the global warming theory. Its the most scientific, less political study done to date.

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

Most of the scientific community has pretty much abandoned the global warming theory and only a handful who selfishly defend their theory and many political activist groups using the idea as ammunition to to exercise control over others still champion the entity.

www.oism.org...

While it may be true that the earth is warming, its by far not the warmest climate and studies show an actual warm-up from little Ice Age at the end of the mid-evil period. The important fact overlooked by the ones that use this as ammo for their political platforms is that the rise in carbon has followed the warm up by about 300 years and not preceeded it.

While your climate may presently be abnormally warm, the eastern US has experienced abnormally cool weather thus far this spring. Although we think it may be the result of some major climate change, we soon find by looking back at meteorlogical records that this isn't the case. For the most part, we tend to compare our climate to only the past 1 or 2 seasons when a longterm view is needed to make such a judgement. Rest assured that when the Vikings settled Greenland and founded a semi-agricultural culture, the Earth was much warmer globally. For more answers to your inquiry, I provide a few more links.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

...and all you could care to know about C02....

www-eosdis.ornl.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
BTW, do either of you know where Nieder-Linxweiler is? My family came from there in the 1760s to the US. I think its in Saarland.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I know where the saarland is...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
That's not good, Astro, he's laughing at your point of origin! Kick his butt!!!

Considering the last thing I read was that the ice at the poles are thicker now than ever before and getting thicker, I'd say that the global warming idea has some serious flaws.

I hate the heat. If I thought it were real I'd be kicking in the presidents door armed to the teeth demanding something be done. Summers are unbearable as it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, I guess its what I can expect. My bad for trying to interject a friendly inquiry. I had though of trying to visit my family's homeland but considering I can experience rude behavior right here in the U.S., I guess I'll drop it and let them get back to their global warming pamphlets.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yo dude I wasn't laughing at you origin country! I just don't know where the town is....

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Darned Germans. Come on, Astro, lets go kick his butt! Of course, Panther, I can be easily appeased with a beer. Heck, for a rack of Weissens I'll even switch sides (sorry, Astro, friendship is one thing, but good beer is a whole different ball game!)

Astro, Saarland is down in the southern part, kind of southwestern, and adjacent to the French border. The county seat or whatever they call it is Saarbruchen (bad spelling, I'm sure). Beautiful area, good beer, good food, cute girls.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne Beautiful area, good beer, good food, cute girls.

I'm there, dude!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
ehh. it's freezing, cold and rainy here. it's usually about 80�F here right now. we could go for some global warming over here!

I did read somewhere that we're some years overdue for an ice age. whether or not that has any bearing, I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wait a minute. Michigan is closer, they have good micro-breweries and the weather sounds very nice.

Attack!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
yeah , I like that micro-brewed beer. Michigan is a bit too far north for me. I guess I'll just stick with KY pure grain a while longer.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, back to the main point of the thread, I am not at all excited about the Global Warming theories. I am not at all convinced that it is anything to worry about now, or in the near future.

Astro already covered many of the major bases, but I do have to stress that we are actually in "Ice House" conditions planetwide, meaning we do have ice caps (a true Hot House condition means NO natural solid ice on the planet year round).

Hot House conditions have occurred many times in the past, although we have NOT experienced a natural Hot House in recorded history. It is worth mentioning that humans/pollution had NOTHING to do with previous Hot House timeframes.

In addition, this is the one big environmental issue that has a WHOLE trailer load of politics attached to it. That very fact alone makes me VERY scared of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Wait a minute. Michigan is closer, they have good micro-breweries and the weather sounds very nice.

Attack!!!!!

Take my state...please!
don't forget to bring your sweaters...and shorts, and umbrellas and sunscreen and snowshovels! never know what you're going to get, and when you do get it, it changes 5 minutes later

new topics

top topics

join