It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, your vote really counts and other musings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
OK here is the deal: I am crusing around this site and see so much garrbage. I want to give you an experience in how voting works, for those of you that are oblivious.

Have you ever heard of Diebold?? Here is some history:

en.wikipedia.org...

Here are some articles regarding their nefarious actions with respect to our election processes:

Backdoor found in Diebold Voting Machines:
www.pcworld.com...

Diebold Voting Macines Vulnerable to Virus Attack
www.pcworld.com...

There is so much more really. I am just scratching the surface. I haven't even touched on ESS.

But I remember the midterms in 2002 and there were several districts that had odd results. Like the number 18181. This number showed up everywhere in the Carolinas and in Texas. Several voting districts showed up with that number in their tapes. That was before they got the system perfected.

Not to mention the funny stuff that went in Ohio in 2004. I was on line on the Secretary of State's website and saw numbers change with my own eyes.

I know what is up.

In California, almost every precinct has Diebold tabulators.

Yeah, tell me how Californians did not legalize pot or voted against labeling GMOs.

You live in your world, I will live in mine.

edit on 16-12-2015 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i think you will find many people are aware.
problem is all it takes to make people lose judgment is a catchy slogan.
I find that to be the funniest thing, it doesn't even matter who is running, as long as they have a catch phrase that makes them popular, be it restore integrity or yes we can, the votes will then be arranged around the person that has the most appeal and more importantly, the highest campaign donations.
Elections are like reality tv, people KNOW it's staged, it's all been pre planned, approved and played out...but people still keep watching like like "this time it's different"...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

lol welcome to my world Grantedbail! Funny how you just told me to go back to school yet post on a subject I have a degree in.

Trust me when i tell you that nothing in a computer is truly secure! Even if the machines are not connected to the internet or are protected behind a network.

its called air gaping
heres a link thehackernews.com...

everything is vulnerable to attack! What you have posted proves nothing as security flaws are found all the time in operating systems. Why do you think you get security updates on your OS or operating systems?

Also as a fellow academic you should never use Wikipedia as a source for your information.

edit on 16-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

After what happened in Florida in 2000, I really had my doubts as to if we truly have fair national elections in tge US. Pretty much all the major media sources had declared Gore the winner in Florida based on exit polling, then after the polls closed Bush got a surge of votes and it took awhile to airt everything. Lets not forget Jeb Bush was the governor of Florida when that went down.

At best we get stuck with a choice between two selected candidates, and if that fails the establishment it appears the vote can be rigged electronically...

It really is tough to have faith in our electoral process, at least for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Used to be a thing called a ballot, hard currency in any recount. Now we have pixels on a screen…

Career politicians, family dynasties, manipulation, bribes, corruption…

Florida showed me that.

Teleprompter reads, "The ayes have it".
edit on 16-12-2015 by intrptr because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

You're right. People become lost in who to vote for and their fantastical campaigns. However the whole system is flawed and Trump et al are merely distractions.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

There is no need to rig the machines in Florida they rig the election here through redistricting and that is perfectly legal.

I still vote because doing nothing means nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Would you agree that the next teleprompter reader is chosen well before the election?

I'm tired of watching people on here get at their throats over make believe characters in a sick, twisted charade meant to divide and conquer the masses and trick them into thinking that they have "freedom" and that their vote counts.

Voting machines are part of the deception.

Shadow government is watching.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
whats funny is everyone still thinks this is a free country. its only as free as the corporations allow it to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Thats just the backup plan.

The real sh1tery comes into play with how the MSM, GOP and the DNC not only pick the candidates that you will vote for , but how they also control the debates themselves. Then you have the Electoral College.

Voting has become just a Machiavellian tactic to appease the people while the Oligopolies who control the DNC,GOP, Commission on Presidential Debates, and the MSM rob us blind.

Is it no wonder that the same industries that people hate and are not satisfied with are working just fine for the Oligopolies working behind the scenes?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's easy to accept that the voting machines have some serious problems from time to time, but I am not one to believe there is a coordinated effort to manipulate votes.

Your vote does matter.

The problem with the system is that the candidates we get to choose from is very limited. Only those that can afford to play the game get their name on the ticket. That is where they control the vote.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The money always "Trumps" (of course no pun intended)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ive known that for years. All the elections are fixed. They already know who will be President. And they will make sure its their guy.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Aware here, too.

But I also believe that the election 'reforms' that were born from the 2000 & 2004 elections paved the way for hijackers to seize the election systems in Florida, Ohio, and elsewhere.

It isn't a republican vs. democrat thing. It's a republican/democrat vs. the Voters thing.

The two parties worked together to seize our election systems.

edit on 16-12-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: jrod

There is no need to rig the machines in Florida they rig the election here through redistricting and that is perfectly legal.

I still vote because doing nothing means nothing.

Redistricting and rigging are not mutually exclusive.

top topics

join