It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with kids needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I’m looking for a “not to punish” way of getting kids to stop making noise. It’s not my kids and in a security complex where I stay during the week to cut on traveling. Unfortunately there is no space for them to play and some parents are forced by life to stay in the building and do not have the luxury of nannies to take them to a playground.
What I’m trying to say is: by doing things a certain way you can create the required results and this is now I want to solve the noise problem.

Any tips or other general tips on the same trend will also be appreciated.

1) One of the most effective ways to get a child to polish his shoes is by polishing only one but the same shoe every evening. Kids at school will pick this up very quickly, starting to tease him. This tip came from an aunt and worked for me within a week with my son.

2) I learned that by only giving my dog food or snacks in his bowl; automatically teach him not to beg when I’m eating.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Buy them some ipads loaded with games.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
I’m looking for a “not to punish” way of getting kids to stop making noise. It’s not my kids and in a security complex where I stay during the week to cut on traveling. Unfortunately there is no space for them to play and some parents are forced by life to stay in the building and do not have the luxury of nannies to take them to a playground.
What I’m trying to say is: by doing things a certain way you can create the required results and this is now I want to solve the noise problem.

Any tips or other general tips on the same trend will also be appreciated.

1) One of the most effective ways to get a child to polish his shoes is by polishing only one but the same shoe every evening. Kids at school will pick this up very quickly, starting to tease him. This tip came from an aunt and worked for me within a week with my son.

2) I learned that by only giving my dog food or snacks in his bowl; automatically teach him not to beg when I’m eating.

When you learn how to keep kids quiet...

Let me know, we will sell it and make a fortune.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Good luck. Maybe don't let them have too much sugar

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Um, teach them from a young, very young age, to like books. Worked on me.

Oh, never mind, that works if they're your kids only.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Tell every parent that you meet that everyone else's kids are a little loud. They'll be slightly embarrassed, because parents know kids are loud as hell, and they'll likely try quiet their own kids down.

If the building has tons of kids and no one else is complaint, you're the odd man out and might need a new place.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
First buy a flute. learn how to play a couple whimsical tunes on it. Then start playing the flute leading them out of town.

It worked for the pied Piper

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phibes

maybe get yourself some noise reducing headphones

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

not going to happen kids will be kids

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

pay attention to them.

it's cheap.

and it's all they want, anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Martial Arts classes work like a charm. They'll also get better grades at school.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Your answer is more in my line of thinking. As a single parent your martial arts suggestion worked for my son. He turned out fine. I did make mistakes as a father but also know that I tried my best. I however do not see it happening in this complex. I try to look at some form of reward system where children are allowed to join something they would love based on their behavior. This in turn could teach them multiple things about live. I am even prepared to give money and would gladly help establishing it but the parents must be involved as my time is limited.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phibes

Not there yet

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Will do

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Reward the ones doing what you want them to do. Praise them so that they know just exactly why they are being rewarded, and if there are other kids in the area, they know why the kids you are rewarding know why they are being rewarded.

edit on 16-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Kids are loud. Deal with it or find another place to stay. Controlling other's children for you're own comfort is a bit.....controlling? If they are cooped up in that building, I'm sure they don't like it anymore than you do, so why not just get yourself some headphones and let the kids have some fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see you understand where I am in this. Yes I do have ideas but hoped to get more. Then again we are on ATS

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
When my kid and his friends are noisy.. i go to that room and sit silently down among them untill they keep noise down.. when its down i go away and say i will come back when noise is too loud again.. Works every time.
edit on 16-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Tasers.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

When my Mum used to shut my in the cellar at her work, a lemonade and bag of crisps did the trick...that and being scared to make a peep in case the spiders realised I was there. That only works on individual children though, put more than one down there and squeals will ensue.

Pens, pencils and paper. A poster competition, small prize as incentive. Quizzes and treasure hunts work well on a similar basis. A little preparation required on your part but literally hours of quiet occupation for the kiddliwinks.

new topics

top topics

join