It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Affluenza" teen, and mother, both missing after probation no-show

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ethan Couch, the rich kid who got probation for killing four people while driving drunk, and his mother are both missing. Earlier this month, Couch missed a scheduled probation check-in. His probation officer obtained a warrant for him, but officers were unable to locate either Couch or his mother. The father/husband claims to have no idea where they are.

Couch "served time" at a treatment facility in west Texas, and finished up there several months ago. His treatment worked wonders apparently, as video recently surfaced of Couch at a party playing beer pong. The person who posted the video claims to have more video of him at the party. Investigators are looking in to the video.

www.wfaa.com...

crimeblog.dallasnews.com...

(Included the second link because the picture of him rather clearly shows his lack of give a damn, which I find amazing)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Probation violation with help from his parents (im assuming). I guess they are going to need family cells as they all should go to jail if the parents are hiding him.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That little douchlette should have been torn a new one and made an example of. Hopefully they find them and lock them both up for a while. The dad should go away as well for obstruction.

Maybe the court and judge will learn a lesson and not let little turds like this off so easy next time.

Total injustice in this case and the whole system seems to need an overhaul here.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm unclear as to the parents relationship now. I can't tell if they're divorced, or live in multiple houses and just weren't together when authorities came knocking.

If divorced, I could see where the father may not actually know what's going on. If not, I can't see him being so clueless.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yep. I don't know anybody who thought this was a fair and just solution to the crime.

Aside from Couch and his mommy and daddy, anyway.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Somebody might have gotten revenge. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Total injustice in this case and the whole system seems to need an overhaul here.

Juvenile law is designed that way (which is understandable but in this case a problem). Its designed to allow the minors the benefit of the doubt that their actions were based on age / lack of maturity. Its one of the reasons juvenile records cant be used in court once they are an adult. The fact they (judicial system) are trying to get this moved to adult court tells me the gloves are coming off.

Hell I have stopped minors for DWI and in a few cases released them to their parents instead of filing for charges because the parents and their discipline was way more effective than anything a court could accomplish. The minors in question demonstrated a mature understanding and didnt try to lie their way out of the trouble (they also had clear records). The point is to try and correct the behavior before it spirals into more serious actions.

In this case the minor is not learning a damn thing and from what im seeing its because of the parents. The defense argued the parents let the kid do whatever he wants. If the parents are hiding him the parents are the reason this kid acts like a spoiled brat.

They better be held accountable if they indeed are hiding him.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Uh-oh!

Now he's gonna get double secret probation!!

1 hour a week at a day spa!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Very true.
With a little luck, his life is ruined.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I know the whole thing about not judging a book by it's cover, but that guy creeps me out. Not even going by just ONE pic of him either. Even non-court images of him seem odd. He looks vacant, and he either has a half-smirk or his eyes are nearly closed like he's stoned. Something is definitely wrong with him, but I think it goes deeper than just spoiled/bratty. Talk about some serious denial here.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Ethan Couch, the rich kid who got probation for killing four people while driving drunk, and his mother are both missing. Earlier this month, Couch missed a scheduled probation check-in. His probation officer obtained a warrant for him, but officers were unable to locate either Couch or his mother. The father/husband claims to have no idea where they are.

Couch "served time" at a treatment facility in west Texas, and finished up there several months ago. His treatment worked wonders apparently, as video recently surfaced of Couch at a party playing beer pong. The person who posted the video claims to have more video of him at the party. Investigators are looking in to the video.

www.wfaa.com...

crimeblog.dallasnews.com...

(Included the second link because the picture of him rather clearly shows his lack of give a damn, which I find amazing)

That kid should of went away quietly and made amends the rest of his life.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I hope somebody did what the justice system wouldn't.

Wishful thinking.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I can see someone meeting out some justice on this dipstick....he legal system totally failed in this case...I guess time will tell and we will fin d out about him and his mom

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

He should have received some time. At least a few years. Now he thinks he is untouchable. It is a much his fault as it is the parents. That is priveledge. Get it right.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Juvenile law is designed that way (which is understandable but in this case a problem). Its designed to allow the minors the benefit of the doubt that their actions were based on age / lack of maturity.

The same judge charged another 16 year old with 20 years after killing someone while drunk driving. But that kid was poor and the judge said he would benefit by being locked up.
Ethan Couch

Critics have also complained that the presiding judge—District Judge Jean Boyd—gave a much harsher sentence to another 16-year-old intoxicated driver 10 years earlier. In February 2004, Boyd sentenced Eric Bradlee Miller to 20 years, telling him, "the court is aware you had a sad childhood ... I hope you will take advantage of the services [offered by the Texas Youth Commission] and turn your life around."Miller had killed one victim, not four, and had a much lower blood alcohol level (0.11 compared to Couch's 0.24) but was from a much poorer family.[

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'm unclear as to the parents relationship now. I can't tell if they're divorced, or live in multiple houses and just weren't together when authorities came knocking.

The parents divorced in 07.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thanks. I looked at a few articles with no success and then couldn't be arsed to try any further.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great mom. Helping this kid disappear. Stellar parenting.

We shouldn't have to worry though. While his parents obviously have money, this moron kid has no brains. He will end up on facebook, youtube, twitter or some other social media.

And then he needs to rot in prison.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The parents divorced in 07.

But, they remarried.

Not sure where it went from there. Sounds like they live in different houses.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting update: I saw on the DM this morning that not only was the residence the mom and son were renting unoccupied, but supposedly it also showed clear evidence that many/most possessions had been taken.

Being the DM I was reluctant to link it here, but if it's in fact true (the majority of the article matched what I posted in the OP), it certainly casts an interesting light on things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join