It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Choice Poll: SANDERS or TRUMP?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Trump!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It looks like Sanders' supporters seem more enthusiastic here on ATS. If that enthusiasm carries over to the actual election...Sanders might actually have a slim chance of beating Trump.

As a thought I wuld say that most the Sanders supporters are liberals (at least in leaning). Liberals are more outspoken then conservatives are in most cases. Most conservatives want to go to work go home and not be bothered by others. Most liberals go out of their way to push their ideas. About 50% of the population does NOT vote in any elections. about 50% does. I would be willing to bet that most of the polls we get are made up of the 50% that does vote, the others probable aren't going to answer a poll any more then they vote. Of the 50% that DO answer only about 24% are Liberal, 34% Moderate and 38% Conservative. The 24% of the Liberals are HIGHLY active while only a part of the 38% of conservative are of the same actively level. (I've seen studies that say a low as 6% to as high as 15%.)

The point is that just from this we see that someone that is liberal seems to be more proactive then the other side. This would lead me to think that of the 50% that don't vote, most of these would PROBABLY fall into the conservative side if they where forced to choose. These ARE the sleeping 50%.

I think that is what we are seeing in this election. The sleeping conservatives have been woken up from their sleep and are reacting to MANY years of of liberals running around relatively unchecked. Most conservatives DONT CARE about gay marriage, or beening PC, or many of the other issues. Most would probably fall more into the Libertarian view of thing if they where truthful. They don't care if you marry a girl, a guy, one of each or even your dog, as long as you do it at home and leave us out of it. They also dont care if you get smashed on what ever drug you like this week, as long as you don't go out in public and cause an issues by doing so. They just want their quoit life back and want to go back to their jobs, families and BBQs. And right now Trump is the only one that is giving them feeling that he can do this.

If any one BUT Trump wins this awaken is going to get bigger and bigger and the swing back to the right is going to get bigger and bigger. Even if he does win this may happen.

edit on 18-12-2015 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

What the hell is Trump saying that's Libertarian?

Yeah, people are waking up, but they're waking up to the corporate MSM propaganda, the bought-and-paid-for officials, and they aren't going to Trump. They're going to Sanders.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm voting for Cthulhu. Why settle for a lesser evil?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here is the FINAL TALLY as of this post:
SANDERS: 59
TRUMP: 42

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I wonder if the Right thought that Trump had convinced enough people to win this poll?

And does this poll actually reflect the rest of the Nation?

And what can Trump do to convince the GOP that he really is a viable candidate, to get the nonination?

Will there be a 3rd party ?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

The recent mid-term elections tend to illustrate your 'Sleeping Conservatives' model.

As for 'Sleeping Liberals', my Mom and sister are uber-liberals...and both love Obama (Still)...although, they love him in an emotional, not intellectual manner (Mom calls him "my sweet Barack"

Yet, to my surprise..., THEY love Trump even more than I do (Trump is not my #1 choice).

I asked Mom why, as a liberal, she would vote for Trump...and she said that the country is falling apart (She still doesn't connect that to the last 7 years of Obama; he's immune in her eyes)...and we need a STRONG leader to fix things.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And does this poll actually reflect the rest of the Nation?

That is a great question.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is also what I am hearing from many, many people. I had the most liberal friends I know (who actually hold local office as a Democrat) and they both said they would be voting for Trump. These are people we used to discuss with ALL the time during the last two elections about how great they were and how great Obama would make it.

I was shocked...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The news is broken. We all know that. It's not really journalism. It's driven by $$$ not truth or reality.

And so Trump gets airtime because he's a draw...highly entertaining. This is not going to transition into votes.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is also what I am hearing from many, many people. I had the most liberal friends I know (who actually hold local office as a Democrat) and they both said they would be voting for Trump. These are people we used to discuss with ALL the time during the last two elections about how great they were and how great Obama would make it.

I was shocked...

Right? I'm thinking that there must be a lot of Democrats out there who are 'Stealth' Trump supporters...and they are afraid to openly declare their support.
edit on 18-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Trump

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LOl Sanders was the deciding vote to kill the Audit the Fed bill. Sanders is a politician, you will be sadly disappointed like you were in Obama.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump is the choice. For the first time we don't have a puppet. Sanders is controlled by his party and Unions. Not so much Trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Don't underestimate the amount of Democrats who are also concerned about preserving their 401Ks and retirement.
Those folks make up a lot of 'Stealth' Trump supporters.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And who exactly is threatening take their retirement and 401K?

And where is this secret club of hidden Democrat Trump supporters besides your mum?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

And who exactly is threatening take their retirement and 401K?

And where is this secret club of hidden Democrat Trump supporters besides your mum?

No need to go into defense mode.
I'm making a personal observation...which has been corroborated by other personal observation.

Many people (Democrats and Republicans, alike) feel $20+Trillion in debt is reaching the 'Tipping Point' on bankrupting the economy...and fear for their retirement.
Many people feel that Sanders will only dramatically contribute to that debt and destroy the economy for everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Sanders isn't PART of a party, he's an independent. He's a Democrat in name only.

@IAMTAT

Many people feel that Sanders will only dramatically contribute to that dept. and destroy the economy for everyone.

Many people also feel that a bearded man in the sky created the universe, and humanity are His special chosen ones.
That doesn't make them right.

they both said they would be voting for Trump

If I hadn't researched Sanders properly, I'd probably be voting for Trump too. Or Rand Paul.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Where? Everywhere. As for being "secret"...I used the word "Stealth" as in they are afraid of revealing their support for Trump out of fear of ridicule by their own Democrat party friends.

The examples I gave from my family are not isolated. I have other liberal friends and family who feel the same way as dear old Mum.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

So you mean Republicans not Democrats.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join