It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia lines up 34 Muslim nations in anti-terror coalition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted anywhere thought I'd share it with the ATS community..

So with Saudi Arabia being the head of the human rights council they're finally stepping up to the plate to combat terrorism.

34 Muslim nations in anti-terror coalition

Saudi Arabia’s plan to form a Muslim antiterrorism coalition has underlined a new muscular foreign policy aimed at confronting the extremist group Islamic State, even at the risk of wading deeper into the region’s messiest conflicts. Calling terrorism a “disease which affected the Islamic world first before the international community as a whole,” Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said Tuesday the coalition of 34 Muslim states would fight the scourge in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.

I've been thinking a coalition of sorts between the Islamic nation states would be an inevitable recourse regarding the fact that you have Russia and now France joining in to play war games against ISIS.
I believe it was back in 2008(@ the Arabic summit in Syria) when Muammar Gaddafi warned that both Libya and Syria would be next on the chopping block and with this warning he proposed an Arabic unification. So this proposal is nothing new I suppose but it's a step further in restoring relations between the Arab nations.

However I have a feeling this coalition proposal is a direct response from the political rift that has been going on between Russia and Turkey, with middle eastern nations feeling threatened not only by Islamic extremism in their own territories but from the potential fallout of these two nation-states relationship could lead to a conflict that will severely effect their economies.

Overall, I'm not too sure if this will have any real impact on the fight against ISIS and Islamic extremism.

What do the rest of you think? Could this be beneficial to the already volatile situation going in the ME?
edit on 15-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: ETA

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Pity they are ignoring, not helping their own kind in the form of refugees.

I dont believe a word of what they are saying
I guess we will just have to wait and see if they do anything other than talk

or
So I have just read they may have taken 500 000 Syrians in, I may have been wrong
neurope.eu...
edit on 15-12-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks

new topics

top topics

join