It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Gunman running Near Purdue Campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just saw this banner on FOX.
Developing now.
News just reported gunman was a robber.

Gang Enforcement ‏@GANGPRO 5m5 minutes ago
Breaking News: Gunman reported running towards Purdue University campus. #shooter #breakingnews #Purdue

twitter.com...

edit on 15-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

wishtv.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Now they are saying it is a robbery.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

IUPUI Alert! A subject with a Gun has been reported running toward the IUPUI campus from the 700 Blk of Blake St. If you are on campus, trust your instincts and take safe shelter in the nearest available room. Lock the door if possible. Remain in place until the police or a campus administrator known to you gives the ALL CLEAR. Call 911 if you have information about the armed person. If you are not on campus, stay away. Follow instructions from university officials or local authorities. For available information and updates on this incident visit emergency.iu.edu

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
its just another week in the US

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

seriously, sadly

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

maybe he is practicing for xmas eve shopping?

I hope nobody gets hurt due to this

edit on 15-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
We need to ban armed robbers.
or
At least have some common sense steps to prevent this.
Like make them get a background check and a license to be an armed robber.
edit on b000000312015-12-15T15:04:33-06:0003America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2015 15:04:33 -0600300000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We don't even know what's going on and you are already tossing political points in to this?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We don't even know what's going on and you are already tossing political points in to this?

What is political about my post?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Aren't you taking a pot shot at the gun right's debate?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why no, I am just suggesting commonsense ways to prevent unpleasantness.
I didn't mention any political parties.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It's a politically hot topic and that is exactly what you threw it in there. You think you're making some slick point but you're just making a fool of yourself.

On topic:

Any updates op?

link   
Sounded like a joke to me.

link   
UPDATE:

Reports Of Gunman At Indiana University Purdue Urge Students To Take Shelter — REPORT

A tweet from the University of Indiana-Purdue University Indianapolis about a gunman on campus urged students to take shelter immediately Tuesday afternoon. It read, "IUPUI Alert! A subject with a gun has been reported running toward campus from the 700 Blake. Take safe shelter. Lock door. Follow official" instructions. No shots have been reported fired at the campus, which is in the midst of finals week.

According to WHTR, an armed robbery took place in the 700 block of Blake Street near the same time. During that alleged incident, a cell phone and wallet were reportedly taken. IUPUI confirmed that the gun scare on campus began as an armed robbery, no injuries were reported in that event, and that police are continuing to chase leads.

A Facebook post from the Indiana University Emergency Alerts page described the suspect and warned students to "trust your instincts and take safe shelter in the nearest available room. Lock the door if possible. Remain in place until the police or a campus administrator known to you gives the ALL CLEAR."

www.bustle.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I completely disagree. NO ONE should ever take away your freedom to rob, steal and kill...EVER, under any circumstances!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: butcherguy

I You think you're making some slick point but you're just making a fool of yourself.

To have you call me a fool is a compliment.
Anyway, it is my body and I can do what I want with it.

On topic. Can we make a standard street thug a mass murderer now?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
UPUI UPDATE:

UPUI Update: A subject with a gun has been reported on the IUPUI campus near the 700 block of Blake. Suspect is a black male, 6'3-4" with a black hoodie, blue jeans and a hat with yellow writing.

If you are on campus, trust your instincts and take safe shelter in the nearest available room. Lock the door if possible. Remain in place until the police or a campus administrator known to you gives the ALL CLEAR. Call 911 if you have information about the armed person.

If you are not on campus, stay away. Follow instructions from university officials or local authorities. For available information and updates on this incident visit emergency.iu.edu

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Anyway, it is my body and I can do what I want with it.

I think that was meant for the other thread we are discussing.

Getting threads confused?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
More hysteria over a type of robbery that likely happens multiple times a day in all large cities. Sad since it makes it seems like these crimes are on the increase, instead of the truth that they have gone down dramatically over the last twenty years.

Plays well into peoples false narratives. That's the conspiracy angle of this crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join