It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 students arrested after threat to Mountain Vista High School in Highlands Ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"DCSO has investigated and confirmed a credible threat to MVHS from two female, MVHS students who planned to cause harm to our staff and students at MVHS this week," the Douglas County School District said in a letter sent to parents across the district. "According to DCSO, these two students have been apprehended and face serious felony charges including conspiracy to commit first degree murder."

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office was made aware of a threat against Mountain Vista High School on Saturday, December 12, 2015. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office acted immediately and has determined there was a credible threat, which has resulted in two 16-year-old females who attend Mountain Vista High School being identified. Both females have been apprehended and placed in secured facilities. Pending charge(s) include Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder.

Sheriff Tony Spurlock wants the public to know, “We take these types of threats extremely seriously and will take all efforts necessary to ensure the safety of our schools, students, and teachers. We thank the Douglas County School District for all their assistance during the investigation.”

This is an open and ongoing investigation; detectives are actively working this case in cooperation with the 18th District Attorney’s Office and the Douglas County School District to ensure the safety of all students. At this time we believe the situation has been contained and the threat disrupted.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Story popped up on the news here a little bit ago. Thankfully they stopped these two before they were able to act out. Authorities were alerted on Saturday. I wonder if we will hear more about why they were planning it or if not because they are 16 years old. All speculation right now. I'll keep eye on story if anything new comes.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

yikes... a lot going on with high schools today

My Hometown - Regional High School Evacuated Due to Threat

along with the schools in LA: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thank GOD that most kids that age are dumb @$$3s!!! Man, it is not going to stop; ever....

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Good find Lys! Im guessing that they were going to be the next generation Harris & Klaybold (sp)

www.9news.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It's a double-edged sword. Dumb enough to ruin their own plans, maybe. But 20 years from now they will be the big voting population. What do we do then? lol

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

AS ARE discussions on other threads, EXACTLY one of my points regarding the millennials!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Lots going on with schools... Isn't it finals season in school? I smell a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I commented on this a couple of months ago in another thread. I think it was the one where the school had sent out a notice to the parents that they has received a threat. I believe they felt they had it under control and was given the option of whether they wanted to send their child to school or not. I think that is how it went.

My concern then, is that in our cyber social society, that this would become a new viral activity for teens. That making false or even real threats, to have whole schools and school districts shut down would be the new "in" cool thing" to do.

This a situation where they need to nip this activity in the bud. Enough of the PC, kids will be kids, my child is an angel, it must be someone else's child to blame, excuses. Parents have to become more responsible for how they raise their children and for their behavior.

I don't care who doesn't like it or who's panties get caught in a bunch. I raised my children knowing I had two choices. I was either going to have to pay to keep my children out of trouble or I was going to have to pay to get them out of trouble. I chose the first option.

It wasn't cheap but I knew where my children where at all times. I knew what company they were keeping. I knew their friends and their friend's families. It kept us on the go, and all the activities required the children to keep their grades up. So if a child started to fall behind, the activities were put on hold, and the child received tutoring while the others continued to participate in the activity. This showed support and gave the child incentive to rejoin their team mates.

Parents have to start being parents and making their children their priority.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Maybe no one remembers but school bomb threats were big in the 50`s and 60`s,everybody got the day off.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
Nevermind

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf
And you got your arse handed to you on a stick if you got caught at it.

I got my arse handed to me for just making a joke about how I wshed somebody would call in one so we could get the day off from school.

They used to happen, but in my area, they were not dismissed lightly.

Maybe because I was military brat.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I used to drive a taxi in that area. The people I would pick up from around that area held quite a few prejudice people. I only ever liked dropping people off there. They mistook me for an Indian when I am actually Spanish. So I can see where this could be a retaliation against some individuals at their school. An investigation needs to happen within the school, not just the two who made threats. Both sides of this party need to be put into a room with interrogative efforts being made.

edit on 12152015 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'll bet my paycheck these girls had just been subjected to violence-prevention ed, which includes glorifying the school shooter types by having them watch "Bowling for Columbine" and similar movies.

Or maybe they had been busted for a small quantity of drugs and the cops had offered them a deal they simply couldn't refuse.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'll take the LA school superintendent any day. At least he erred to the side of caution and put our kids' safety first! Douglas County knew about this threat Saturday, didn't arrest at least one of the two until Monday night, didn't inform parents about any of it until Tuesday morning, and let our kids go to school with a murder plot in place Monday!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Even in my small town we got 'em.

I remember three bomb threats at my elementary school. This was the early seventies. There were a number of them on days I wasn't there for whatever reason, too.

Being kids, we thought it was great. Out of school early that day...

I don't recall anyone ever getting caught.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MileHiMom
I'll take the LA school superintendent any day. At least he erred to the side of caution and put our kids' safety first! Douglas County knew about this threat Saturday, didn't arrest at least one of the two until Monday night, didn't inform parents about any of it until Tuesday morning, and let our kids go to school with a murder plot in place Monday!

It's a real miracle anybody survived at all.

But it wasn't a murder plot. It was a couple of angry teens talking smack. Though naturally the criminal-justice system was quick to swoop down and feed.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
I'll bet my paycheck these girls had just been subjected to violence-prevention ed, which includes glorifying the school shooter types by having them watch "Bowling for Columbine" and similar movies.

Or maybe they had been busted for a small quantity of drugs and the cops had offered them a deal they simply couldn't refuse.

Or maybe as much as you try and turn every event ever into an X-Files episode stupid criminals did stupid things..

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MileHiMom

It's a real miracle anybody survived at all.

But it wasn't a murder plot. It was a couple of angry teens talking smack. Though naturally the criminal-justice system was quick to swoop down and feed.

And you know this how???

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Did you hear anything about guns or ammo being confiscated? Like I said, it's just talk. But that's enough to send everybody into a hysteria. And there's money to be made in that hysteria.
edit on 15-12-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Did you hear anything about guns or ammo being confiscated? Like I said, it's just talk. But that's enough to send everybody into a hysteria. And there's money to be made in that hysteria.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join