It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you're really good at something, you can't not be hated for it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When you're faster, stronger, and better... you'll inevitably make others feel slower, weaker, and lesser in the process. And they will hate you for it. They will fear you because of it. Which then will fuel the crab mentality that so tenderly and so accurately describes the general mentality of society today.

But when you're a giant amongst little people you can only stand being hunched over for so long in the feeble attempt to belong, to a people that you will never belong to. Eventually your back will start to really friggen hurt and you'll have to make a choice. Do you break your back bending over backwards for a people that you don't really belong to or... do you stand up tall and become ok with what you are?

But there are dangers to standing tall, too. Disgusting crab mentality dangers. There lurks the Tonya Hardings in the world, and the possibility that you may be crucified for merely being good. At what you're good at. Still... in the name of progress, and in the name of all that is beautiful and good and true and right, I say we must stand tall and face the heat of that spotlight or else... doom and gloom!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Poetic & relevant - is it a combination of this materialistic society, and our instincts from earlier times when we had hunter/gatherer societies?

I feel like the social engineering programs (PSYOPS, COINTELPRO, etc.) have really torn people apart and turned us all against one another.

More competitiveness & people with ego problems everywhere.

I know we can't congratulate and be happy for everyone, but what I've noticed is that practically 90-95% of the people are automatically against you if you're doing good/setting an example. It's pathetic and a total mind-f***

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
When you're faster, stronger, and better... you'll inevitably make others feel slower, weaker, and lesser in the process. And they will hate you for it. They will fear you because of it. Which then will fuel the crab mentality that so tenderly and so accurately describes the general mentality of society today.

But when you're a giant amongst little people you can only stand being hunched over for so long in the feeble attempt to belong, to a people that you will never belong to. Eventually your back will start to really friggen hurt and you'll have to make a choice. Do you break your back bending over backwards for a people that you don't really belong to or... do you stand up tall and become ok with what you are?

But there are dangers to standing tall, too. Disgusting crab mentality dangers. There lurks the Tonya Hardings in the world, and the possibility that you may be crucified for merely being good. At what you're good at. Still... in the name of progress, and in the name of all that is beautiful and good and true and right, I say we must stand tall and face the heat of that spotlight or else... doom and gloom!

Your magnificently special superiority to all of us crabbish mankind, is only contrasted by your deep and integrated Loving Humility! *__-

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a fun-house mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." - Mythopoeicon

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)
edit on 15-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
One of the things that I liked about the TV talent shows that used to be all the rage, was how it exposed the level and the degree that people could be self deluding.

Most communities are extremely proud of the local kid that is stronger, smarter, faster, more talented. They usually rally around and support those members of their community, emotionally, morally, and financially.

The only time that is not the usual, is when the child is pompous, arrogant, and a pain in the arse, or the child is not as gifted as they think they are.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Great reference with the "Tat Tvam Asi", That Art Thou,

from what I read it seems to ring true with what OP is describing. Nice connection!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: namelesss

Great reference with the "Tat Tvam Asi", That Art Thou,

from what I read it seems to ring true with what OP is describing. Nice connection!

Thanks.
Truth is a very mixed (and painful) Blessing! *__-

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I totally disagree with just about everything you have said in your post.

I just don't feel that way at all.

The only problem I have is when people start to assume they are better than everyone else, like you do here.

Enlighten us! Tell us what you are much better than all of us at, please, I am all ears.

I am actually thinking you are not particularly special at anything particularly, lol. People who really are ultra talented in their "thing" don't need the self deception of thinking, acting and telling everyone else on internet forums they are better than everyone else.

The reason these people excel generally is because they have a genuine regard for the people who encourage them and give their time and possibly money for what they do.

You would never have heard Elvis Presley or Al Pacino say such foolish things. They have a genuine affection for their audience and really did go to exceptional lengths to please and blossom in their careers.

I don't have much money yet I love the people that have given me so much. I want them to be happy, prosperous and to certainly live very long lives.

I bet I can play acoustic guitar loads better than you. Does that mean I am better than you? Who's skill should be deemed the most god-like, lol. We all have our gifts and talents.

Your post is naïve and like an immature attempt at cynicism.

(Shakes head at the banality of it all).

Geez, Louise, you can't find your knees! (Meaning geez, you need to check where your legs are at because your head has lost its grounding and foundation, an allusion to your display name and the "Visions of Johanna" song by Bob Dylan which you should jolly well listen to).

edit on 15-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Why do you hate me?

originally posted by: namelesss
Your magnificently special superiority to all of us crabbish mankind, is only contrasted by your deep and integrated Loving Humility! *__-

When did I ever state that I was magnificently and specially superior?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise Your post is so very synchronous that it made my scalp crawl. I am just an old man whose bones are drying out. Hunched over and in pain, I find I can see the ground a little more clearly now. Geronimo!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

I'm glad, and I'm loving you so very much right now. Thank you for daring to contribute!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

your assessment is true and can only be understood by those who have encountered it personally in their lives.

ignore the metaphysical guru of 2nd year college courses aka "nameless" post as i believe he stated in another post that even he doesn't take his own sermonizing seriously and is a hypocrite.

although I think when you find yourself above others as you stated give them a hand up to help them stand tall. there will be people who willingly want the help and others who will view it as a way to bring you down.In doing this you will realize people rally to help a cause that will benefit them and if they cant rally behind you they will bring you down.

the idea is simple instead of making yourself an outcast make yourself a leader. This happens in jobs all the time. People will outcast you for no other reason then to keep their job because they fear you.
edit on 15-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

I love everything you just said. Thank you! I needed to hear that...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I agree. Haters exist everywhere, but you don't have to actually be good or superior at anything to rack up haters. People will hate you for all sorts of myriad of reasons. Success is only one of them.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Beautifully put my love,

There is a power principle inherent to this world in which we are all subject. See the power that is within you and own it... before someone else does.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I am actually thinking you are not particularly special at anything particularly, lol.

Don't post a comment about another member like that.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Obama is really good at lying.

Millions still like the guy.

Not seeing the logic.

The only thing that makes one not like someone else is; jealousy, envy, broken pride, anger... the lower parts of Human consciousness.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You just can't win....

They hate you because you are superior in some way.
They hate you because you just don't measure up to their standard.
They hate you because they hate everything.

Being marginalized as a "people like you" creates an odd comfort zone where you really just don't give a **** anymore.

What was the question?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I have actually encounter this treatment. When i was younger i was very talented in sports at a very young age. There is nothing like the scorn of children who are on your own team hating you because you take away attention away from them. This rings true especially with competition based activities where parents can push their children to compete with you and when they fail the children blame you as the cause.
"I would of hated to hear why cant you be as good as so and so, or you should practice more like so and so" then having to watch that person do well and have my parents clap for them. "dad and son" relationships can be harsh sometimes.

Becoming a leader is the only option I had to learn to share the spotlight and become selfless. When i did well i congratulated others on my team as the cause and when we lost I learned to take the blame and burden on my self. After practice I would hold a fun practice and show people how to do things I learned. However the heart of competition will still inspire people not to like you simply because they want to be better then you.

like i said life forced my hand in the matter and it was a learning process as I wasn't always a good leader but I tried to be just so i could have friends. Given my age I was way to young to actually deal with the concept of what a true leader is I just wanted to do a good job and couldn't understand why people disliked me for it.

Being a leader is a growth opportunity! Its a blessing and a curse.
edit on 15-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by jobless1 because: mispelling

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I really hate you for writing this post, please never do it again. It is selfish and uncaring of you, please bend over backwards. Who do you think you are?
I hope this reply really stops you being free and expressing your self in a way that is natural for you. You must comply.a reply to: geezlouise

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Reminds me of something my brother told me about NASCAR drivers:

"If they win a few races, they are good drivers. If they win too many races, they are a**holes."

<<   2 >>

join