It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin for President?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I know right ?

A billionaire oligarch mafioso that has Right Said Fred constantly playing in his own head.

We can do better.

MUCH better.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I loved that song!!

We can do better.

MUCH better.

Only if we truly want to.

We get what we deserve. If we can't be bothered to be involved in politics, then guess what? This is the result.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You can tell the people that have never set foot in Russia and know nothing about what really goes on in that country.

That isn't necessarily true, I happen to know the "Stop a Douche Bag" movement seems to be a burgeoning social activity in Russia. Does that count?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What America needs is not a substitute banksters muppet but a real man who actually want to help his fellow countrymen.

There is a lot of good things about Iceland, it has a lot of things that we used to think were good about the US.

But the things you are talking about, didn't go quite as well as you think it did ... during the "coalition of the willing", Iceland was a member and as such it got a lot of "favors" that gave it oportunities. The entire country was on board, so much ... that some politicians, put their own economy on as stock option. No, no ... this isn't a joke. A huge number of Icelands politicians, as well as major players were in on the "corruption", not just the brothers.

During many years, Iceland was being informed that this was a stock scam ... from many sides, they chose to ignore any advice. And this is the government itself, that even "awarded" the crooks for being "Vikings".

When SHTF, yes, they managed to get a lot of things done ... but basically, in simplified terms ... the brothers were "sacrificed" for the greater good ... all the politicians and big players in Iceland, that their obligations "nullified", so they didn't have to pay anything ... and the average tax payer, had to pay the prize. In some cases, as a result of the thing you talk about ... the average citizen, had to pay so much mortgage of their houses, that after years of payment ... they owed more, than when they bought it. And that's a fact ... one critical fact, you missed.

So, if you plan to do the same thing ... do it BETTER.

edit on 15/12/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But it would require work on our part. Wouldn't it?

Motivation is the mother of invention. If yanks were collectively motivated enough and as history is my witness, you could do anything, including everything Mr Torfuson did and more because if you did what he did, you wouldn't just pull America back from the brink, you'd pull the whole world back from the brink.

But first you need to get the sleeping masses un-hypnotized from the propaganda powerhouse keeping them in their collective "hollyweird is awesome" trance-like state.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Once upon a time that was true. The US did change the world, not all by our little ol' selves, but we played a major roll. We call it the Greatest Generation for a reason.

We are asleep. Deaf, dumb and blind to what we're capable of. Circumstances will one day awaken us, as a whole...and, unfortunately, there'll be blood in the streets. ...and no one to blame for except us. We could have prevented it by being just a little less complacent/trusting of those we put in power to run things for us.

There are voices crying out in the wilderness, but as yet, we're unheard.

It'll never be too late to fix it, but the sooner the better.

That applies to all nations.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Granted, Iceland is smaller, much smaller. Yet it's an example of what people can do when they want to. But it would require work on our part. Wouldn't it?

Smaller? Uh, yeah! It's population is about the same as Anaheim, California (Iceland: 327,000. Anaheim: 336,000) who are all the same race, have the same religion, speak the same language and, indeed, are mostly related to each other with the genealogical records to prove it. Good on 'em for changing stuff, but it's not as if they have the same set of problems to deal with.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This I fully realize.

Iceland is simplicity itself in comparison.

But...

What they did can serve as an example that people can change things, should they choose to do so.

It can't change all in a day. It'll take time, but it'll never happen if we don't get off the schnide and try.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Metallicus

Vote for Vlad..

If you want to be ruled for the rest of his natural life!!

Oh and no opposition or descenting voices.

Or simply put, he has no competition or opposition strong enough to confront him.
Not to mention his popularity not only in his country but worldwide.
And before you say, "oh he's killing his opponents and surpressing medias", hey bud cold war is over.

Wrong bud! The Cold War II is just getting started.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Um yeah, I don't care about your poll. I am not going on about this country vs. that country. I'm wiser than that. I am saying that THIS country has a WHOLE bunch of citizens that don't trust it. Now I don't trust any politician in any country to be honest. But I would take a Putin over a Clinton or Trump ANYDAY.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Do you honestly think this whole show is on the level? Really?
edit on 15-12-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Reduction

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Jim Jefferies for Australian PM !!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

This I fully realize. Iceland is simplicity itself in comparison. What they did can serve as an example that people can change things, should they choose to do so. It can't change all in a day. It'll take time, but it'll never happen if we don't get off the schnide and try.

Understood, but you are still comparing the efforts of a medium-sized and geographically isolated city of like-minded, homogeneous individuals who share the same culture, language, religion, and racial background with the issues facing billions of people who are not at all like-minded, and are from diametrically opposed religions, races, cultures, and languages.

And....none of them are sitting on their "schnide." They are ALL trying actively to change things--to their point of view and not yours, by violence if necessary. And THAT'S the issue. I do not want the "change" YOU want and will actively oppose you. It's not as if our great great grandparents all came from Norway. So using Iceland's "successful" change does not "point the way" for the rest of us at all. It does not represent a microcosm of the world's issues. It's to be lauded, but it is an aberration.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Go vote for him

State boundaries are only lines on a map, they don't mean anything

Besides, wasn't Vladimir Putin Was born in Hawaii?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I had this conversation a long time ago. Who would you choose as a world leader if our planet was attacked by Aliens. And my choice was undoubtedly Putin, he has an Iron Will, and will do whatever it takes to get hings sorted.
I admire his spirit, he's really the best leader in the international scene.
That said, he's not leader I would vote to govern my country. He's authoritarian and someone who has no respect for his citizens. He's a great leader, cause as many ppl said, he does what it is needed, and doesnt mind about PC, but if you look at Russia, you'll realize there no free press, little personal freedoms, and opposition leaders have been murdered. This guy is a soft Hitler, sure his policies may be good for the country as a whole (maybe, just maybe) but the life of the citizens in particular sure is getting worse.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Putin or Clinton, lol not even slightly close. Clinton is a useless and pathetic joke, the perfect example of a puppet who happily sold her soul decades ago. To think of her leading a country is joke of the decade.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
He is an old gunslinger. Clinton is a wicked witch, carson is a scarecrow, Trump is a loose cannon, Kim jong Un is Toto, or maybe he is a flying monkey, GWB is Tutor the Turtle, Bill Clinton is Pinnochio, Kerry is Mr Ed, and Sanders is rural. He probably out hunting Wabbits

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And Obama is a combination of an old rodeo clown and a post turtle. That turtle didnt get up there on his own, someone put him up there. He doesnt belong up there, and doesnt know what he is doing up there.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Putin couldn't exist in the US. His KGB background is what empowers him in Russia. You need to understand what he does in Russia- he'll walk into a company and take it over because he doesn't like the opinions of the owners. They do what he says because if he doesn't they know what is in store for them. So maybe don't be so eager to have someone like that in the race, because they'd either not be like Putin and more like Ted Cruz, or they'd have the FBI backing them to take over private enterprise. Imagine the president walking into Google and taking control of it because he didn't care for the opinion of the owners and nothing they could do about it. Either way, thats not someone I'd vote for.

edit on 16-12-2015 by okachobi because: grammar fix

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Hey, Russia is Russia. Let them do them. If what they have is working. Great. i guess. I'm just saying that hte levels of corruption aren't comparable to here. I also have a good friend at my work whose father is a high ranking person in China's military. He tells me stories about how things work over there, and let me tell you the corruption is MUCH worse. I mean he's all proud of it too, but I can see why, his family benefits directly from it. So I get what you are saying about perspective and we do have our own problems (the prison industrial complex for one as well as the blatant corruption towards denying climate science), but I don't feel that they are as pervasive as those other countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join