It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin for President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think what you're saying is you want a real leader and one who is not afraid to stand up to the "bad guys"...one that does not pussyfoot around and gets things done without a lot of smooth-talking blah blah blah blah blah then goes and plays golf and wears mom jeans.

Me, too! But, I would have to put a caveat in there. He must adhere strictly to the U.S. Constitution and not step one inch from it, respect it, and actually love this country, and not constantly be putting it down, especially when overseas.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I think what you're saying is you want a real leader and one who is not afraid to stand up to the "bad guys"...one that does not pussyfoot around and gets things done without a lot of smooth-talking blah blah blah blah blah then goes and plays golf and wears mom jeans.

Me, too! But, I would have to put a caveat in there. He must adhere strictly to the U.S. Constitution and not step one inch from it, respect it, and actually love this country, and not constantly be putting it down, especially when overseas.

YES!

You have crystallized my thoughts exactly.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

True, but at least you have a good chance of settling for second best...

Being non-PC is not on my list of things even remotely important in choosing a president.

I tend to look at things like personal freedoms, economic policy and foreign affairs. I'm not impressed by his ability to piss people off.

Fighting against PC is fighting for freedom. Freedom of speech. We are rapidly becoming a nation of people afraid to say what we believe and are also prosecuted now for the things we say.

Not spending your time worrying about PC is freedom. Fighting for or against it means you are already a slave to it. And let's not forget that you are not really fighting against PC, you're fighting against only your own personal definition of it.

People are not afraid to say what they think. People are becoming bolder and more insulting because of that.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I tend to look at things like personal freedoms, economic policy and foreign affairs. I'm not impressed by his ability to piss people off.

Yea, I'm confused. When did a leader's ability to be rude and confident in his rudeness become a measure of good leadership? To me that just shows stubbornness and that you are more likely to drag your feet on things you don't like (thus meaning you aren't likely to compromise and demand things be done your way or the highway).

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Being non-PC is not on my list of things even remotely important in choosing a president.

Fighting against PC is fighting for freedom. Freedom of speech. We are rapidly becoming a nation of people afraid to say what we believe and are also prosecuted now for the things we say.

How so? Can you name any laws that Congress has passed that restrict your right to free speech?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I like some things he has to say but always remember he is a russian and a former KGB
agent.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Metallicus

Vote for Vlad..

If you want to be ruled for the rest of his natural life!!

Oh and no opposition or descenting voices.

Or simply put, he has no competition or opposition strong enough to confront him.
Not to mention his popularity not only in his country but worldwide.
And before you say, "oh he's killing his opponents and surpressing medias", hey bud cold war is over.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not spending your time worrying about PC is freedom. Fighting for or against it means you are already a slave to it. And let's not forget that you are not really fighting against PC, you're fighting against only your own personal definition of it.

People are not afraid to say what they think. People are becoming bolder and more insulting because of that.

I'm sorry but that's just sleepwalking through a progressively mundane situation. They tell you what you can and can't say and you believe the best thing to do is ignore it?

They are effectively beginning to police thoughts. How long before they look at sites like ATS and tell us that our thoughts are banned. I mean you look like you'd be ok with those current beliefs of yours. Very dangerous may I add. They'd love people to turn the other cheek, while they tell us what social beliefs are correct or not...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry but that's just sleepwalking through a progressively mundane situation. They tell you what you can and can't say and you believe the best thing to do is ignore it?

They are effectively beginning to police thoughts. How long before they look at sites like ATS and tell us that our thoughts are banned. I mean you look like you'd be ok with those current beliefs of yours. Very dangerous may I add. They'd love people to turn the other cheek, while they tell us what social beliefs are correct or not...

Who is "they" and how is "they" an official source of what you can and can't do?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How so? Can you name any laws that Congress has passed that restrict your right to free speech?

I'm not necessarily blaming law, people seem to be policing themselves in certain regards, but they are told by leaders and government what is socially acceptable and what isn't.

PC gone wrong:

listverse.com...

None of us expect a life where we will never be offended or sheltered from conflict or hurt feelings. However, many self-appointed saviors are trying to make this a reality, through aggressive speech codes, legal rulings and corporate policies. Political Correctness (PC) originally flowered in academia and spread like a virus through the government and corporate worlds. It has devolved into a tyranny of the most offended person in the room.  PC complaints now range from the sublime to the ridiculous, and they are stifling the honest assessment, and debate, of issues in our lives. 

edit on 15-12-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

So you are mad that others have a 1st Amendment right to tell you that you are being intolerant? Gotcha.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I like Putin. He's got the right idea and he's no bubblegum fairy like some leaders.

He's eternal! 'jesting'..

Pic of previous ruler of Russia along with Putin now.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No because I live in the UK, but we are both subject to the same problems.

And if someone is telling you that you are intolerant, doesn't that make them intolerant? double standards and such...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So you are mad that others have a 1st Amendment right to tell you that you are being intolerant? Gotcha.

People SHOULD have the right to say what they want.

It is my right not to care.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And if someone is telling you that you are intolerant, doesn't that make them intolerant? double standards and such...

Maybe, but it's not illegal. You are perfectly allowed to say these things back to people. But whining that a President or a politician needs to "fix" PC isn't going to accomplish anything except restrict your right to free speech.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People SHOULD have the right to say what they want.

It is my right not to care.

Correct. That is ultimately the BEST answer to PC culture if it pisses you off. You have the right not to give a damn what someone else says or thinks about your words or actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Maybe, but it's not illegal. You are perfectly allowed to say these things back to people. But whining that a President or a politician needs to "fix" PC isn't going to accomplish anything except restrict your right to free speech.

Wow! So you're saying that abolishing PC, will restrict freedom of speech?

I think you're confused, PC is the main force stopping people from freedom of speech, look at the link I supplied earlier...

You've somehow got things twisted.

Let me give you an example of political correctness. A black man creates a group called blacklivesmatter. Everything is ok there's even positive media coverage.

Meanwhile a white man says, well if we live in an equal society, surely white lives matter so creates the group whitelivesmatter. The black group are offended and are in uproar shouting 'racists' and media being politically correct give negative media coverage to the new whitelivesmatter group. What was right?...

The above is just an example and doesn't bare any resemblance to real life. (just in case it causes offense).
edit on 15-12-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Amazing! All these people who would vote for a charismatic fascist leader who would preside over a sham republic run by corrupt oligarchs. And Putin is even worse than Trump!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Wow! So you're saying that abolishing PC, will restrict freedom of speech?

Yes, making it illegal to say something when you are offended when someone says something politically incorrect is a violation of our 1st Amendment rights.

I think you're confused, PC is the main force stopping people from freedom of speech, look at the link I supplied earlier...

I did look at it. I didn't see any laws passed by Congress or the government on the behalf of PC that restricts your ability to say things.

You've somehow got things twisted.

Really? Which laws restrict you from saying intolerant things? Please list them.

Let me give you an example of political correctness. A black man creates a group called blacklivesmatter. Everything is ok there's even positive media coverage.

Meanwhile a white man says, well if we live in an equal society, surely white lives matter so creates the group whitelivesmatter. The black group are offended and are in uproar shouting 'racists' and media being politically correct give negative media coverage to the new whitelivesmatter group. What was right?...

So? All of that is legal and equal applications of free speech. You are just mad that some people and the media disagree with you.

The above is just an example and doesn't bare any resemblance to real life. (just in case it causes offense).

Question. How does a politician implement changes to crack down on or abolish political correctness?
edit on 15-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

They tell you what you can and can't say and you believe the best thing to do is ignore it?

I am free to say anything I damn well please, no matter if someone tells me what is acceptable.

They are effectively beginning to police thoughts

No they are not.

I mean you look like you'd be ok with those current beliefs of yours.

It has served me well, but I've never had someone tell me what I should or shouldn't say. Difference is that I am smart enough to know what to say and when to say it.

There are consequences for the things you say and not being wise enough to know that has become "PC thought police".
edit on 15-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join