It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb threat LA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: SonOfThor

The Economic and Psychological ramifications alone are huge - if I had school age kids at home, I might be thinking Home Schooling about now.

Our poor World has gone around the bend! All the innocence that is being stolen from an entire generation of kids makes me sooo angry...

I agree with you. If one email can cause this much disruption... good grief. My wife is an early childhood educator and pregnant with our first child so I too have these thoughts about homeschooling and what not.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Multiple helicopters around Downtown. Many cop cars out right now.

It's a very eerie quiet in the air right now

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

True, but this is something that's probably not in the usual awareness of the general public. Now it is.

I cannot imagine what those parents must be going through right now. The worst I've had to deal with was a shelter in place due to chemical refinery problems and that was pretty scary knowing what those things are capable of doing, but since my kids live with their mom in another city that's not a problem any more but something like this certainly might be.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

WHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

the web sites are quiet...

This may take a turn - I am on the scanner now, but no news to report....

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Greenblaz

I truly feel awful for y'all with little guys. What to tell them? Much less how to deal with your own feelings about sending them off to school.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Myself, a recent newly enrolled college student; I purchased a bullet proof backpack, prior LEO and I am still very very nervous. I cant imagine what these young lads must feel

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
All traffic is normal. All the schools in my area are shut down, even nursery schools and daycares.

Helos were in the air but now all quiet.

Was looking up in sky and saw a strange black 'drone' thing fly real fast, and disappear right when I blinked...that was the strangest thing so far.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
Our poor World has gone around the bend! All the innocence that is being stolen from an entire generation of kids makes me sooo angry...

Which is why I don't want kids and often wonder why people choose to have kids in such a broken world whilst making no attempts at fixing everything that is broken

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Rofl...... Thanks for the update

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
LA says they couldn't take the chance based off "past circumstances" and that's why they closed schools.

NY is saying that LA overreacted.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: ReadLeader

Threats usually amount to nothing more than disruption, here's hoping nobody gets hurt.

And a lot of Knee jerking.

America being America even if a hoax they will run around like headless chickens completly over come with fear.

Hell bet the day wont even be out before a certain crowd are all stired up and frothing at the mouth.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yes--I just read that NYC Mayor DeBlasio and the NYPD Police Chief BOTH said NYC Public Schools received the SAME threat and that they deemed it a hoax. My first thoughts tho, given that it is less than two weeks since the SanBernadino massacre, SBs close proximity to LA (more in the same terror cell still possibly "on the loose"?) and the now known fact that the male terrorist worked for the Health Department and had access/toured/taken photos of local public schools (as part of his job) I can fully understand why LASD acted as they did.

This shouldn't be a one upsmanship thing "NYC didn't over react, but LA did" given the nature of terror threats, and DeBlasio, Bratton, et al, need to not vilify what other jurisdictions do.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The three b's. Bombs, beheadings and billionaires. When we let statehood become responsible for our necessities they have us right where they want us, in boxes in cities. I don't think there is much to be done until Mercy ships becomes the norm, and not the convenient way to transport "dr's without borders."

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sham, yes, I JUST saw thew NY, wow-

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Unrelated (I'm sure), but there was also a bomb threat called into the regional highschool from where I'm at back home: www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

Hinesburg, Vermont that is (total opposite end of the country)
edit on 15-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Holy Shiet,

abc7.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
LA says they couldn't take the chance based off "past circumstances" and that's why they closed schools.

NY is saying that LA overreacted.

yeah, New York can say that, due to the fact that they have received billions from the Feds for added security, and their school district is not spread out over 740 square miles. that New York police commissioner should have kept his mouth shut. he might as well have said that LA has a bunch of P*ssies in charge....what a jerk.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yeah those helicopters in downtown are responding to smoke in the subway at the metro station on 7th and Figueroa. I work directly across the street. It's mostly died down. But for a while there they had the street shut off and swat, lapd, lasd etc flooding the metro station. I'm figuring not much will come out of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I truly hope this doesn't become an incident, however, reading this reminded me of 'BlackJack' a few years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Pretty much all schools get half-day for the rest of the week, then two weeks off till New Years. So I don't see a problem closing schools. Worst time for a bomb threat really.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join