It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb threat LA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: ReadLeader

They're probably using the "better be safe than sorry" approach

BUT the NBC article refers specifically to a backpack and all being safe, no mention of schools shutting down. It was this I was refering to as the LATimes article was not posted when I made my comment.

However the LATimes refers to a called in threat which is different

But I still stand by that threats (real called in threats) amount to nothing but disruption, if people are going to go through with a terror act they usually don't warn people beforehand

I agree with you, especially right around final exams / before holiday breaks.

Given recent events I also would keep an eye out for this called in threat being a distraction from a different target, just to be on the safe side.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Damn straight - all of the people at the briefing looked ill, pale and green around the gills!

To search over 900 schools? What a cluster.

My first thought was what are these "terrorist" (whomever they rep for) going to pull while they have so many LE tied up?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I thought about the diversion too... but what really alarmed me was when they said some of the kids were already on buses headed for school.

This is not an action the officials would take lightly, for a HUGE number of reasons.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

Damn straight - all of the people at the briefing looked ill, pale and green around the gills!

To search over 900 schools? What a cluster.

My first thought was what are these "terrorist" (whomever they rep for) going to pull while they have so many LE tied up?

Any links with pics or video from the press briefing? I'm hoping this turns out to be a horrible hoax and no one gets hurt.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks Fam!!!!

Looks like Santa has a good source for some Masterone and tren

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Maybe the KTLA website has it. It was streamed on the CBS RAW feed, so maybe a CBS afilliate.

www.takemelive.com... live now
edit on 15-12-2015 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

EXACTLY also Fhat the Wuck does combinatorial optimization - UNLESS of course they are using algorithms now.,.??
edit on 15-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: sp

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Sorry I can't link at the moment...but the press conference was on both CNN & Fox News. It is on CNN again right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12

I thought about the diversion too... but what really alarmed me was when they said some of the kids were already on buses headed for school.

This is not an action the officials would take lightly, for a HUGE number of reasons.

I saw a lot of kids are already at schools waiting to be picked up. Imagine dropping your kid off, then getting to work, then having to go pick them back up. 700,000 students, with all that rush hour traffic having to get back on the roads to get them.

I hate my imagination, but the diversion situation seems scary, i.e. imagine all those gridlocked cars on all the roads...

I remember some folks from the San Bernadino thread had friends that were LEOs / First responders over there, wonder if we can get some insight? Also - can anyone find some scanner links? *I would but I am at work right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like there's going to be a challenge: "There aren't enough bomb techs in the Western US to properly search the LA schools after threat closes them."- Tom Fuentes Former FBI discussing on CNN.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

www.broadcastify.com...

lots of scanner links

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

try this link

& here is CNN

www.cnn.com...
edit on 15-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Um, isn't this sort of like telling the ones who plan attacks, "hey look, we can't keep up with this size of threat so this is how you cripple our ability to respond?"

Yikes.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

YIKES IS RIGHT! ! ! ! ! !

Here is a timeline of the events

timeline of events latest

ETA

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the investigation. The official says the threat was sent late Monday.

Superintendent Ramon Cortines says the threat was made against students at many of the district's schools. Officials wouldn't elaborate.

Cortines says the San Bernardino shooting that left 14 people dead on Dec. 2 influenced the decision to shut down the district's more than 900 schools and 187 public charter schools.

— From Associated Press writer Tami Abdollah in Washington, D.C.
edit on 15-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: additional 411

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Um, isn't this sort of like telling the ones who plan attacks, "hey look, we can't keep up with this size of threat so this is how you cripple our ability to respond?"

Yikes.

Exactly and probably all part of the plan, what ever that might be. Just in time for the GOP presidential debates tonight?
edit on 15-12-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Now, this, I did not take into consideration!!!!!

Excellent observation Dreaming! ! ! !

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The Economic and Psychological ramifications alone are huge - if I had school age kids at home, I might be thinking Home Schooling about now.

Our poor World has gone around the bend! All the innocence that is being stolen from an entire generation of kids makes me sooo angry...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm pretty sure "the bad guys" already know that if you can create a threat that impacts over a thousand locations and well over half a million people all at one time, the ability to respond is going to be hampered significantly. It's not rocket surgery.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It makes me angry as well Miss!! I have a 4 year old at home and don't know what to think!

JT
edit on 15-12-2015 by Greenblaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It is a terrible shame; the other day our preacher was talking about how children are so Innocent and pure as snow; it is the parents that direct them and over time .... well... you know.....

Choices people, choices....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join